Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Talk me out of this quick!!!!!!!! Puppies!!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-05-24 7:52 PM
in reply to: Hoos

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Subject: RE: Talk me out of this quick!!!!!!!! Puppies!!!!
Hoos, your new baby is a stunner. Lucky you. We have Pyrs, but I love Bernese too. They are so sweet.

2013-05-24 8:21 PM
in reply to: trigal38

User image

Expert
Originally posted by trigal38

Ha ha ha, we are back empty handed. The kids loved every single puppy but the level headed side of me watched from behind. We can only get a male as the neighbors dog across the street is a female and she does not like other female dogs. The males were really aggressive with one another and howling. Not little cute puppy yipes but howls like a wolf. Every dog behavior is magnified x 10 at the shelter but it was enough to at least make me come home and read about the breed: Norwegian Elkhounds. The attendant said they will run and never stay home and grow really big like a horse. Of course that just got my son even more excited because his ultimate dream is a having a horse.

And there is that little factor of checking with my husband. Although I've learned through the years these things go much better if I just surprise him Wink.

That comment made me giggle! Those dogs were cute. I'm sure it was fun to go look at them. 

2013-05-24 8:21 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Sorry cant talk you out of it. We have 6 at the moment. At one stage we had 2 puppies at the same time while one was getting old enough to go overseas and it was sooooo much easier with 2. They keep each other entertained all day and instead of chewing on our stuff they chewed on each other.

What I would not recommend is 10 at one time that's a bit of a nightmare!

Edited by StaceyK 2013-05-24 8:27 PM
2013-05-24 8:58 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Don't recommend fostering if you have a soft heart for critters, unless it's one of those arrangements where they take the puppy back no matter what. (Maybe socializing pups for guide dog and other training? I don't know what's required for that.) I took in my kitty as a foster a year ago.....he's now 16 months old, 12 pounds, and still shedding all over my floor, disemboweling stuffed animals, and dragging my old shoelaces around the house. Just could never bring myself to return a cat or exchange it for another one like a library book or something. If I do any more "fostering", they'll put me on one of those animal hoarder shows, too.
2013-05-24 9:55 PM
in reply to: KateTri1

User image

Bronze member
Originally posted by KateTri1
Originally posted by trigal38

Ha ha ha, we are back empty handed. The kids loved every single puppy but the level headed side of me watched from behind. We can only get a male as the neighbors dog across the street is a female and she does not like other female dogs. The males were really aggressive with one another and howling. Not little cute puppy yipes but howls like a wolf. Every dog behavior is magnified x 10 at the shelter but it was enough to at least make me come home and read about the breed: Norwegian Elkhounds. The attendant said they will run and never stay home and grow really big like a horse. Of course that just got my son even more excited because his ultimate dream is a having a horse.

And there is that little factor of checking with my husband. Although I've learned through the years these things go much better if I just surprise him Wink.

That comment made me giggle! Those dogs were cute. I'm sure it was fun to go look at them. 

Like the time he said no cats, if you bring home a cat I will really be upset, I don't like cats. So I came home from my sisters house with 2 kittens. Now guess who is the one who makes sure the cats are in the garage when it storms - Mr. No Cats. Ha ha ha, he is full of it.

2013-05-24 9:57 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Bronze member

Originally posted by StaceyK Sorry cant talk you out of it. We have 6 at the moment. At one stage we had 2 puppies at the same time while one was getting old enough to go overseas and it was sooooo much easier with 2. They keep each other entertained all day and instead of chewing on our stuff they chewed on each other. What I would not recommend is 10 at one time that's a bit of a nightmare!

This is kind of what I was wondering about. And then we already all the stuff: kennel, puppy food, toys etc.

I'm waiting for now so I can read about the breed and see what happens at the shelter. I will go back in a week and see if any are left. I have this really weird feeling that the attendant was lying to me about how old they were and I'm not sure why he would do that so I got a strange vibe about it. I've been around a lot of puppies and we just took in a puppy at 6 weeks old this winter. These pups are a large breed and to me they did not look to be a day over 6 weeks old and he said they were 10 weeks. I could be confused. It wouldn't be the first time!

2013-06-11 8:59 PM

User image

Bronze member
Subject: Meet Chico!

No puppy but we did connect with this sweet little chihuahua! He is 2 years old and was just left at the shelter after hours, no note, no name, no explanation.

I can't help but wonder what his life was like before. 

I've never owned a tiny dog before. It is a whole different experience!

I'chihuahua

2013-06-11 9:32 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Subject: RE: Meet Chico!
Congratulations!  You're now owned by a Chihuahua. You need to practice your Spanglish. It is the best voice to talk to your little esse:)
2013-06-11 10:21 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Bronze member
Subject: RE: Meet Chico!

Originally posted by switch Congratulations!  You're now owned by a Chihuahua. You need to practice your Spanglish. It is the best voice to talk to your little esse

Yes, I keep hearing Antonio Banderas voice every time he looks at me. He walked in the door and hopped right on the couch like he has lived here forever! 

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Talk me out of this quick!!!!!!!! Puppies!!!! Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Talk to me about Earn outs BT

Started by Marvarnett
Views: 893 Posts: 3

2011-02-25 3:27 PM Marvarnett

Chrysler Sr. Debtor hold-outs cave

Started by Force
Views: 2105 Posts: 22

2009-05-09 11:16 AM crusevegas

What I Talk About When I Talk About Running

Started by BigDH
Views: 1312 Posts: 5

2009-02-02 8:55 PM Medusa_Ann

ROLLER GIRL TRY OUTS!!!

Started by autumn
Views: 1031 Posts: 18

2007-06-26 5:03 PM autumn

My new puppy (almost)

Started by Zilla
Views: 1225 Posts: 17

2005-04-07 3:06 AM Zilla
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 10, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
This month we talk with AdventureBear, aka Coach Suzanne on her coaching philosophy, approach to gadgets, training plans, missed workouts and strength training.

date : February 5, 2010
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 3
So what is the best way to lose weight quickly? Do you simply "starve yourself” by eating as little as possible? The answer depends on your long-term goals.
date : March 22, 2007
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on indoor bike workouts, IM fueling, coke or broth, bikes and swimming exercises.

date : September 4, 2004
author : surfking
Triathlons - Not an Ordinary Workout