Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Things lots of people like... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 8

2013-06-12 12:16 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Champion
Chicago
Subject: RE: Things lots of people like...
Originally posted by noelle1230

Originally posted by switch
Originally posted by Kido

I found another one.

Horse racing.  I mean, if one was in front of me, I would probably watch but I don't seek it out.

I was shocked at the 2-3 hours of allocated coverage for the Belmont.  2-3 hours for a 2 minute race?  WOW.  I had it on for 45 mintutes just to try to find the appeal.  Still lost on me.  I liked the race though - the horse names are awesome - Unlimited Budget (I can only imagine), Overanalyze, Palace Malice.  And to think, the Belmont has been run for 145 years.  Yikes.

And here in the sports books?  It's still bet on like crazy.

I found another one--Vegas

And Phoenix.

Pretty much any big city in the desert.

x2 on both accounts!  Now travel just a bit further to either Red Rock or Sedona, those are some cool places!

Boo to you guys. I love anyplace hot and am not a huge fan of desolation, so a city in the desert is perfect. Plus Vegas has pools and shows and Kido and Mrs. Kido and that makes it awesome.

2013-06-12 12:26 PM
in reply to: mr2tony

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2013-06-12 12:38 PM

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by mr2tony

I found another one.

Horse racing.  I mean, if one was in front of me, I would probably watch but I don't seek it out.

I was shocked at the 2-3 hours of allocated coverage for the Belmont.  2-3 hours for a 2 minute race?  WOW.  I had it on for 45 mintutes just to try to find the appeal.  Still lost on me.  I liked the race though - the horse names are awesome - Unlimited Budget (I can only imagine), Overanalyze, Palace Malice.  And to think, the Belmont has been run for 145 years.  Yikes.

I found another one--Vegas :)

And Phoenix.

x2 on both accounts!  Now travel just a bit further to either Red Rock or Sedona, those are some cool places!

Boo to you guys. I love anyplace hot and am not a huge fan of desolation, so a city in the desert is perfect. Plus Vegas has pools and shows and Kido and Mrs. Kido and that makes it awesome.

How about the Colorado River?  You a big fan of that?

2013-06-12 12:49 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

Queen BTich

I found another one.

And Phoenix.

x3 and I *LOVE* Sedona, RR, Santa Fe, etc.

2013-06-12 1:00 PM
in reply to: Teejaay

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by Teejaay

I found another one.

And Phoenix.

Except Tucson. It's totally unnecessary.

I'm a fan on Tucson, despite its unnecessaryness, because you're there Teej.
2013-06-12 1:00 PM
in reply to: switch

Champion
Chicago

I found another one.

And Phoenix.

Not really.

2013-06-12 1:13 PM
in reply to: bullyboy

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

-Bacon.................ducking 
-Donuts ICK
-I don't like sushi either.  I can tolerate some cooked fish but EWWW slimy.  I have texture issues
-Jello
-Lobster.....I usually eat it once a year to prove to myself I don't really care for it...........I can eat it but I just don't see what all the fuss is about
-Cake frosting ........ nasty
-Avocado....once again slime issue

2013-06-12 1:24 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2013-06-12 1:28 PM
in reply to: Teejaay

Champion
Chicago

I found another one.

And Phoenix.

Not really.
Dammit. I just bought you a Groupon for a river trip for your birthday!

It's not that I don't like the river, it's just that I don't really think about it unless I receive a gift card to raft it for my birthday!
2013-06-12 1:33 PM
in reply to: Socks

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by Socks

-Bacon.................ducking 
-Donuts ICK
-I don't like sushi either.  I can tolerate some cooked fish but EWWW slimy.  I have texture issues
-Jello
-Lobster.....I usually eat it once a year to prove to myself I don't really care for it...........I can eat it but I just don't see what all the fuss is about
-Cake frosting ........ nasty
-Avocado....once again slime issue

You're the first doctor I've met who doesn't like sushi.
2013-06-12 2:13 PM

Expert
Fort Riley, Kansas
Originally posted by bullyboy

Originally posted by jillian_o

Flip Flops!!! I hate the way they look and sound, the only way you will see them on me is if I die and my friends put them on my corpse as a joke because they know I hate them

Toe shoes of any brand......ICK!!!

Zombie Apocalypse, WTH is that anyway?

PITBULLS

beer

sushi

pitbulls?... this makes me sad.

I used to like them, and used to want one of my own, before we moved to South Georgia I had never met a mean pitbull in my life. My husband and I have nearly been attacked on many bike rides by pitbulls here. I was alone on one such encounter, and now have panic attacks when I see an all white pit bull in person. Since I never had a problem before moving here, maybe it is just bad pitbull owners I hate

2013-06-12 2:29 PM

Regular
LHOTP

I found another one.

I found another one--Vegas :)

And Phoenix.

Not really.
It's not that I don't like the river, it's just that I don't really think about it unless I receive a gift card to raft it for my birthday!

Neat. Better use that gift card while there's still a river to raft.

2013-06-12 6:24 PM
in reply to: 0

Austin, Texas or Jupiter, Florida

I found another one.

And Phoenix.

Not really.

Neat. Better use that gift card while there's still a river to raft.

The cities aren't the whole problem. 80% of the water pulled out of the Colorado is used for irrigation.

I'm with you on Horse Racing Kido. That sport should not be propped up as some great endeavor. It should be in the seedy underbelly that only the demented go to like dog racing, dog fighting, and hockey...

Edited by GomesBolt 2013-06-12 6:24 PM
2013-06-12 7:21 PM
in reply to: 0

Regular
LHOTP

GomesBolt: "The cities aren't the whole problem. 80% of the water pulled out of the Colorado is used for irrigation."

True dat. Is it 80%?  Not trying to be challenging, would just like to know your source for that.

I'll happily add Big Ag to my not-like list.

Edited for screwing up the quotes yet again.

Edited by switch 2013-06-12 7:26 PM
2013-06-12 10:15 PM
in reply to: jillian_o

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh

Originally posted by bullyboy

Flip Flops!!! I hate the way they look and sound, the only way you will see them on me is if I die and my friends put them on my corpse as a joke because they know I hate them

Toe shoes of any brand......ICK!!!

Zombie Apocalypse, WTH is that anyway?

PITBULLS

beer

sushi

pitbulls?... this makes me sad.

I used to like them, and used to want one of my own, before we moved to South Georgia I had never met a mean pitbull in my life. My husband and I have nearly been attacked on many bike rides by pitbulls here. I was alone on one such encounter, and now have panic attacks when I see an all white pit bull in person. Since I never had a problem before moving here, maybe it is just bad pitbull owners I hate

your story makes me sadder.

negligent owners of dogs [notice I include all breeds in this term] and specifically the bully breeds irritate me and make life for us responsible dog owners WAY more difficult. I love the bully breed and they are the only breed I wish to own... however they are not the breed A LOT of people should own and they tend to be a magnet for the incredibly inept, ignorant, and irresponsible.

I always stop and chat with bully owners and make sure they know the responsibilities involved in owning a bully.

I hope you guys have terror free and better rides in the future.
2013-06-13 12:36 AM

Elite
People suck.

2013-06-13 4:40 PM
in reply to: powerman

Expert
San Luis Obispo, CA
Chris Berman! Why this guy is allowed to commentate on anything other than professional wrestling is beyond me...
2013-06-14 12:07 PM
in reply to: blbriley

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by blbriley

Chris Berman! Why this guy is allowed to commentate on anything other than professional wrestling is beyond me...

OMG, right? His "backbackbackbackbackbackbackback...gone!" is the WORST home run call of all time. When you watch the Home Run Derby you're forced to listen to it 985 times. It's enough to make you want to kill yourself.
2013-06-14 1:05 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

Pro
McKinney, TX
Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Originally posted by blbriley

OMG, right? His "backbackbackbackbackbackbackback...gone!" is the WORST home run call of all time. When you watch the Home Run Derby you're forced to listen to it 985 times. It's enough to make you want to kill yourself.

Excuse me....this is a thread for things people like but you don't.

No one likes Berman....not even his own mother.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Things lots of people like... Rss Feed  

of 8

RELATED POSTS

Bad things happen to the best people...

Started by Sharkie
Views: 967 Posts: 20

2007-06-28 11:17 AM Renee

BIG things people do that annoy you...

Started by Sharkie
Views: 1309 Posts: 22

2007-04-10 11:44 AM 2bignot2tri

Things I learned from sending other people's UPS goods <Rant>

Started by So Fresh So Clean
Views: 677 Posts: 1

2006-12-15 8:28 PM So Fresh So Clean

The things people throw away Pages: 1 2

Started by ride_like_u_stole_it
Views: 1771 Posts: 35

2006-03-30 1:11 AM tyrant

Stupid things people say, vs. 2.0 Pages: 1 2

Started by nliedel
Views: 2647 Posts: 40

2005-08-04 1:58 PM nliedel
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 27, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
We often forget the Other, that person or persons living behind the doors of our individual hubris, that secreted cheerleader who polishes our medals but never wins one of their own.

date : September 3, 2010
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Stripped of its three-figure entry fees and five figure bikes, when the gun goes off it's still a bunch of crazies doing three sports for a thousand reasons.
date : August 20, 2008
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
For many athletes and active people, nutrition is their missing link. Here are a few ABC’s to get you started on the path to winning with good nutrition.

date : December 11, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Searching for the perfect gift for a friend, relative, or teammate? Here's a list of winning book suggestions for active people.
date : August 7, 2007
author : MegL
comments : 7
Do you see the bladder as half-full or half-empty? In this instance, it really doesn't matter how you look at it... you'd just better go.