Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-01-18 8:51 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Athena Tri Clothing
Originally posted by lkct01234

Getting back into the exercise thing! Had to take 2013 off due to pregnancy...silly baby growing in my tummy!!

My goal this season is to do an Oly tri. I've done 5 tri's and all Sprint or shorter.

I "ran" a bit today. (I feel REALLY fast...but the woman with the walker may or may not have passed me on my "sprints". :-P)

I realized today that I was having 2 problems. 1) I was getting a serious wedgie and 2) I was tired of feeling my now stretched/loose stomach bounce. Anyone found anything (underwear or shorts) that help with this problem??

I also wanted to add that I found a bike skort that fit me! I am not a small girl (width wise) and am only 5'3"  Finding bike shorts is EXTREMELY difficult! A lot of my weight is in my thighs and I really like these. They have a v-shaped cut at the waist and both the waist band and leg bands are the thicker spandex band vs. the grippy band. (You can see what I'm talking about if you see the shorts, it's quite obvious!) I fit in the XXL my measurements are like 40ish waist, bigger around the hips (46ish??). (I don't like admitting it, but it might help with sizing)

http://store.sheilamoon.com/index.php

(There website says they're down, but I found some things on clearance at swimoutlet)

X

We have a mentor group for new parents (myself and juniperjen). you should join. I also had to take 2013 off doing to growing a baby

ETA - I see your baby was due on August 7th. Our baby (jonathan) was born on August 8th, so they should be really close to the same age unless your baby was a premie.

Edited by Daffodil 2014-01-18 8:57 PM

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Athena Tri Clothing Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Athena Clothing

Started by ssmino32
Views: 1636 Posts: 3

2012-03-05 10:49 AM KathyG

Leads on tri clothes for tall Athena's?

Started by morgenflower
Views: 2896 Posts: 13

2011-08-18 8:38 AM Sloopy

New Athena nervous about first tri Pages: 1 2

Started by laurahcory
Views: 8767 Posts: 40

2011-02-12 8:59 PM orreo5859

Athena tri clothing and modesty

Started by Sloopy
Views: 10209 Posts: 23

2010-08-28 12:51 PM femanual

Athena Clothing question

Started by ar.1649
Views: 1391 Posts: 2

2010-06-20 5:52 PM KJ1965
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 4, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
Coach AJ discusses the essential clothing used to keep your legs and feet warm while cycling or running in the cold weather.

date : November 11, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 2
Does compression clothing really work? Coach AJ was able to try out a line of compression wear by Skins during the 2008 Annual Hawaii Ironman Triathlon.
date : September 8, 2008
author : ValleyCoach.com
Because of potential heat injury and sun damage, there are certain precautions that should be taken. Here are some tips to avoid heat injury.

date : November 27, 2005
author : spetremears
9 weeks after my first bike ride, 5 months after my first swim and 13 months after my surgery I entered the Nelson week Tri a Tri !
date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.

date : January 30, 2005
author : Glenn
Many of us do not enjoy the ‘pleasures’ of training on a stationery trainer. “Boring”, ”mind-numbing”, “a drag” are three phrases often associated with indoor trainers.
date : November 14, 2004
author : Andrea
I'm on the other side of the college-student desk. I'm the one with the red pen in my hand. Those of us with schedules that change from day to day actually have an advantage, I think.

date : September 19, 2004
author : Michael
I’m a C-L-Y-D-E-S-D-A-L-E! Many people in the sport know the division is there, but many of them think that it's a 'fat boys division.' So what constitutes a Clydesdale? Why even have this class?