General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Slim down in little time Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-04 12:44 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Slim down in little time
Hi everyone,

I've been at this journey for some time now, and I'm looking at good ways to drop fat fast (ie more than 0.5-2 pounds a week). I'm good about what I eat, and sticking to chicken, turkey, or fish, no red meats (as they are also hard on my system - digestion wise)...
I'm a person who needs to workout daily and steadily to maintain weight... I'm trying to find a way to shed some excess pounds off, as they are really holding me back... Soon as I stop training for a week or two, i'm certain to stack on the pounds...
Can anyone give me good foods to help cut fat fast, and get me to my healthy weight so it'll be easier to maintain that slender body (and happy demeanor) versus getting frustrated of this yo-yo weight / maintaining of overweight...

I'm currently overweight and need to drop a good 70 lbs.

your help in dieting and exercising is greatly appreciated. look forward to reading your replies.

thank you,

2013-06-04 3:49 PM
in reply to: ShyButSweet

User image

East Dubuque
Subject: RE: Slim down in little time
A lot of nutrition is timing, and eating the right foods. I use Isagenix as I am training for Ironman Wisconsin in Sept and has really helped "cut" weight the healthy way with balanced fats,carbs, and most importantly protein. I also never used to eat after a workout for hours, and now i do within 30 min whether think I am hungry or not. Breakfast & Lunch are my biggest meals, Dinner is just protein & veggies. Let me know if you want to know more about isagenix
2013-06-05 4:42 PM
in reply to: aarthofe

User image

Veteran
Roll Tide!!
I know several people locally who are using Isagenix to loose weight with good results- but none of them workout. Were you able to use this while training for IM? 

2013-06-07 1:11 PM
in reply to: Meljoypip

User image

East Dubuque
Yes I am right now. I do modify it because 2 protein shakes & 1-600 calorie meal is not enough for training.

Morning Pre-workout: Banana, eggs, fruit
After workout: Potein shake ( isagenix)
Mid Morning: Snack ( apple/peanut butter)
Lunch: 600-800 balance meal with LOTS of veggies ( this is where i get the most calories)
Pre workout: Belvita biscuits
Post workout- protein shake ( isagenix)
dinner- 4-6 oz chicken/fish & veggies

Gallon+ water a day

I try to eat most of my calories & carbs earlier in the day & protein at night. With Isagenix my energy level has greatly increased & i think the vitamins have just as much to do with it as the actual protein shakes. My swim coach had me try it because I was training and not cutting any weight. I had about 20 to lose to get to race weight with about 10 more to go. I have been doing it for five weeks now, so very healthy 2lbs loss each week, and training has not suffered a bit. ( i put in 16-18 hours of training in a week)

Allison

2013-06-20 5:35 AM
in reply to: ShyButSweet

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
I'm a firm believer in that it's not only how you eat and exercise, but also what and when.

Some people can eat a significant amount of carbs and still function well. Personally, I can't... we all need carbs (it's the fast energy of the body and the only energy source that functions for the brain, hence when you bonk, you are depleted of the fast energy and you get disoriented, having difficult to talk, etc.). Find a good balance of carbs (and think about what type of carbs... low GI is better), lean proteins and lots of veggies (the darker the green the better for you... kale (try chopping it up drizzle a bit of olive oil on it and roast it in a 400F oven for 15-20 min), broccoli, etc.) and fruit (although fruit can be quite densely packed with calories), and do not forget fats (eating good fats will help you lose weight, high quality olive oil, avocado, nuts, in moderation are excellent choices)

The weight loss will be quicker in the beginning of your journey than it will be towards the end. But don't try to lose it all quickly, extreme changes like that usually end up in disappointment. Target a weight loss of 1 lbs per week for the first 20 lbs and then 0.5 lbs until you are at your goal weight. Also, keep in mind that as you start training more, you body will develop additional volumes of muscles, which carries more weight, but they also consume more calories, so you will lose the fat quicker.

Slow and steady change will result in a life time commitment to health, whereas quick drops usually ends up in disappointment since they're impossible to maintain in the long run.
2013-06-24 1:34 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Allison, thank you so much for posting your routine - I'm doing a 1/2 IM in October and an Olympic next month, and have a lot of weight to lose.
I started Isagenix last week and am struggling to stay with it. Are you still losing weight with the modifications you have made?
Also, how are you doing the cleanse? Are you working out on those days?

Edited by operachef 2013-06-24 1:37 PM

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Slim down in little time Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Getting Down, Getting Down, Trying to ride the weight loss train to Kona

Started by vagus
Views: 1303 Posts: 1

2012-04-30 10:44 AM vagus

Does swimming help you slim down?

Started by The Nat
Views: 5928 Posts: 12

2009-02-14 11:43 PM newbz

Just me and a little less of that

Started by renegadebuddhacoach
Views: 896 Posts: 6

2005-07-08 8:48 AM sanjana

time to choose... time to lose Pages: 1 2

Started by stevencraig
Views: 3512 Posts: 41

2005-07-05 3:59 PM jamma

Team Two - Down to Two Names.

Started by Shrike
Views: 2470 Posts: 25

2005-01-14 12:09 AM ChrisM
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 28, 2007
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on making better food choices, under or over-fueling, the 'write everything down' theory, sample meal template and cottage cheese substitutes.

date : June 24, 2006
author : Team BT
Wrist Curl-Palm Down strength exercise instruction with picture and video.
date : June 18, 2006
author : Team BT
The lateral pulldown strength exercise instruction with picture and video

date : June 6, 2006
author : TriForrestTri
In order to maintain the rest of our life, we also have to become skilled at time management. Here are a few suggestions for getting workouts in when you can.
date : September 3, 2005
author : Jen Doyle
Often athletes forget the fitness basics such as warm up and cool down. We know they are important, but we want to get into the meat of our workout without wasting time.

date : July 17, 2005
author : chrisandniki
“Too bad there’s not anything like this for triathletes.” There are a million books and articles on how to train. One of the toughest parts of triathlon training is how to fit them into everyday life.
date : July 17, 2005
author : Bill
comments : 9
Reflecting on the events in my life that led to my being waste deep in water wearing spandex with a latex cap over my freshly shaved head.

date : September 1, 2004
author : AskMrsBT
"On a six-mile tempo run is the warm up and cool down miles"