General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any good tips for lubing/sunscreening your own back? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-06-12 6:37 AM
in reply to: switch

User image

Payson, AZ
Subject: RE: Any good tips for lubing/sunscreening your own back?
Originally posted by switch

Originally posted by bzgl40 it is called flexibility.  I can honestly reach every single spot on my back

Wow.  Impressive. 

How many push-ups can you do? Pull ups?

I'm half-joking. 

It's great that there are  people who can move their arms over every inch of their back.  Strength and flexibility are a fine balance

I wouldn't worry about my strength.  I've got more then enough (and can do pull ups).  Its not really that fine a balance to have both.

2013-06-12 7:25 AM
in reply to: bzgl40

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by bzgl40

Originally posted by bzgl40 it is called flexibility.  I can honestly reach every single spot on my back

Wow.  Impressive. 

How many push-ups can you do? Pull ups?

I'm half-joking. 

It's great that there are  people who can move their arms over every inch of their back.  Strength and flexibility are a fine balance :)

I wouldn't worry about my strength.  I've got more then enough (and can do pull ups).  Its not really that fine a balance to have both.

OK, I won't worry about your strength. 

I wonder what it's like to have "more than enough" strength.  I'd like to be there one day:)

I taught yoga and pilates for 8 years and I still do some yoga more days than not.  I can't reach every part of my back, and certainly not well enough to rub in lotion or sunscreen.  Maybe I'm just not doing it right.

2013-06-12 8:16 AM

User image

Payson, AZ

I taught yoga and pilates for 8 years and I still do some yoga more days than not.  I can't reach every part of my back, and certainly not well enough to rub in lotion or sunscreen.  Maybe I'm just not doing it right.

I suspect genetics has a lot to do with it.  I rarely have to stretch and was actually encouraged by my PT to not stretch my hamstrings too often as I actually needed to tighten them up.  And then I have a friend who does stretch and is so inflexible it's laughable

2013-06-12 8:46 AM

User image

NC
Squeeze a bunch of sunscreen in the tub. Get naked. Roll around. Going in the sun optional.

2013-06-12 10:28 AM
in reply to: Goosedog

User image

Regular
Sunscreen, I understand, but I'm still wondering why Switch would need lube on her back? LOL!!!
2013-06-12 10:37 AM
in reply to: DannyII

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by DannyII Sunscreen, I understand, but I'm still wondering why Switch would need lube on her back? LOL!!!

I'll tell you, but only after Goosedog posts a vid of his technique.  I just can't wrap my head around it...

2013-06-12 5:44 PM
in reply to: bzgl40

New user
Originally posted by bzgl40

it is called flexibility.  I can honestly reach every single spot on my back

Same here, and I had some serious shoulder surgery that took away a lot of mobility in my right arm.

My wingspan is a good four inches over my height though (6'1") so that may have something to do with it.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any good tips for lubing/sunscreening your own back? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

what's a good set of cassettes to own?

Started by michael_runs
Views: 1494 Posts: 17

2012-12-12 8:03 AM Sidney Porter

Swim Kick: good on side & back but no good on stomach

Started by mgalanter
Views: 1085 Posts: 4

2011-03-18 7:21 AM csmnlm

Back to Back to Back races

Started by btlovin
Views: 2026 Posts: 14

2011-01-17 8:50 PM stevestenzel

best training approach to back to back sprint Tri's

Started by dbosanko
Views: 1057 Posts: 4

2011-01-09 4:46 PM dbosanko

long runs back to back -better alternatives

Started by hannahs
Views: 969 Posts: 9

2007-07-11 4:54 PM hannahs
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 14, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
What is the recommended way to recover from a cycling-related lower back injury?

date : December 14, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
After surgery for a herniated disc, is running causing a repeat injury?
date : July 13, 2011
author : DaveScott
Dave Scott, six-time Hawaii Ironman world champion, shares his insights and plenty of stories to help you define your own success.

date : January 28, 2010
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on doing Ironman Wisconsin on a road bike and a training plan for back-to-back centuries.
date : December 11, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Searching for the perfect gift for a friend, relative, or teammate? Here's a list of winning book suggestions for active people.

date : March 22, 2007
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on running muscle imbalance correction, water running, overdistance training, back-to-back Olys, maintenance plans and speed and common age-grouper mistakes.
date : October 31, 2004
author : ewkfit
comments : 1
I may not have pre-pubescent hips or breasts and at 36 that would be ridiculous. I do not need to have an "airbrushed body" and why do I revere that?

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
A lot of us don’t spend too much time worrying about stretching and strengthening exercises for our lower back.