General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What do you think about beer as an "after"? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2013-06-14 4:04 PM
in reply to: thebigb

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Subject: RE: What do you think about beer as an "after"?
Originally posted by thebigb
Originally posted by dbmata
Originally posted by Asalzwed

Originally posted by dbmata
Originally posted by bzgl40 yum, beer, not just a breakfast food.  Wait, what was the question?
Founders Breakfast Stout is called breakfast for a reason afterall. :D

Along these lines, have you guys tried Rogue Voodoo Bacon Maple Ale? Talk about breakfast beer!

I was SO excited for this beer when I first saw it at Total Wine. Sad to say I drank half a glass and dumped the rest :( And thanks to this dang, cursed thread I couldn't step away from the 22 or Racer 5 IPA last night and it found a new, albeit very temporary, home in my refrigerator.
I've been told that about the voodoo bacon maple. That it's heavily fake in flavor. :( When I want something like that though, I'll get a Mephistopheles and a maple bacon bar. ;) Racer 5 is good, a little too hoppy for me.
I've been known to make bacon infused bourbon which turns out pretty tasty.

I've been known to make bacon infused bacon.

2013-06-14 4:30 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ
Originally posted by MSU_Brad

Originally posted by MSU_Brad

Originally posted by switch

I have self-identified as a "functioning alcoholic" in another thread. I don't often drink to excess, but I drink often, I have a habit of enjoying alcohol and I'm not willing to give it up. I think by "technical" definitions that makes me an alcoholic. I guess I'm stuck on step one.
I have an unnamed affliction which causes me to hate seeing full bottles and cans, therefore I drink them down. I also am OCD about consistency, so generally I need to check to see if the other 5 beers in my 6 pack taste like the first. Combine these two conditions, and down goes the entire 6 pack.

For all those that have mentioned Founders, I agree. Grand Rapids, Michigan has turned into a phenomenal beer city. I basically don't even allow myself to go to Founders because I'll end up wanting to try multiple high alcohol content beers (~9%), and soon I'll be making phone calls for a ride home. Since the name is applicable to me as well, I also tend to drink a few of their Dirty Bastards. Their two IPAs (Centennial and All Day) are outstanding as well.

Oh...I know now where I'm going after Steelhead! Thanks
Nice long drive up from Steelhead to GR for Founders. Shorter to head over to Bell's in Kalamazoo, but personally think the Founders is worth it! You will have earned whatever beers you want after completing Steelhead, especially if the swim isn't calm.

I'll be in the middle in Allegan. Love Bell's but I've never been to Founders so may make the trip but not directly from BH, that's what South Haven is for.

Edited by thebigb 2013-06-14 4:31 PM
2013-06-14 4:38 PM
in reply to: thebigb

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Just in case anyone needed to be reminded... today is:

http://www.nationalbourbonday.com/

Laughing

2013-06-14 11:56 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Veteran
I remembered it's National Bourbon Day.
I enjoy a Smithwicks or maybe a Blacksmith at the local Irish pub after a race. I feel quite recovered after the second round.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What do you think about beer as an "after"? Rss Feed  

of 5

RELATED POSTS

thinking of doing my half need advice

Started by kan7829
Views: 747 Posts: 5

2011-05-11 9:18 AM pharmacist25

Anyone doing/done the Santa Rosa Island Tri or Destin Crab Trap Tri

Started by pilotzs
Views: 1652 Posts: 5

2013-05-28 5:00 PM tacetman

Thinking of doing an Exterra Sprint Tri in Vegas

Started by kmodzel
Views: 1354 Posts: 5

2009-04-06 5:07 AM kmodzel

Thinking about doing my first TRI - thoughts/help?

Started by muzzo
Views: 1209 Posts: 12

2008-03-19 9:47 PM browntown

Thinking of doing 1 or 2 5k runs in July

Started by EABonney
Views: 1302 Posts: 7

2007-05-21 10:06 AM EABonney
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 28, 2011
author : fivecents
comments : 5
What my first sprint distance triathlon taught me about myself.

date : September 2, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on balanced meals, recommended amount of protein, losing weight for an Ironman, is pizza good? and beer as a recovery drink.
date : December 24, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on indoor cycling drills such as one legged drills and power intervals. Also we discuss how many half Ironman races should be done before your first full Ironman.

date : October 7, 2008
author : Coach AJ
I'm going to let you in on how to get faster by doing nothing. Well, not exactly nothing, but you won't have to raise your heart rate, put out 300 watts, or really even break a sweat.
date : August 17, 2007
author : scoli121
comments : 6
I quickly browsed an article in Men's Health that talked about doing a triathlon, and how it wasn't really that hard. With a "tsk!" I quickly turned the page while thinking, "Yeah, right!"