General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Newbie in Hattiesburg area! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-13 12:31 PM

User image

Subject: Newbie in Hattiesburg area!
I am not new to Hattiesburg, only new to triathlons! I live in Collins, ms and work in Hattiesburg and am looking for any help/tips and training partners in the area. Would love to make some new friends to guide me into the triathlon world!!

2013-06-14 2:27 PM
in reply to: [email protected]

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Newbie in Hattiesburg area!
I am at USM and do the whole swim / bike / run thing. I signed you up for our listserv that lists a few rides a week.

Also check out the running club on at http://www.facebook.com/pinebeltpacers

Tri-james

2013-06-14 5:12 PM
in reply to: microspawn

User image

OK! I think I may have already gotten an email about a ride tomorrow! was wondering where that came from! thanks!
2013-06-18 10:33 AM

User image

Veteran
I'm a few days late finding this post, my bad. I'm in Hattiesburg as well and do triathlons. I'd love to train with you whenever possible if I'm fast enough. Ha.
2013-06-20 9:35 PM
in reply to: Tiffanator

User image

hi! uh, I'm sure you would be plenty fast enough! I'm pretty slow myself! let's get together!
2013-06-25 3:16 PM

User image

Veteran
Sounds good. Shoot me a message on here with how to get in touch or what times you work out. Pretty much the only thing I'm pretty set with is a bike ride on Tuesday and Thursday nights.

2013-10-31 3:43 PM

User image

New user

I am back in Hattiesburg (just retired from the Army) and my wife and I just finished our first triathlon at the mighty magnolia. It wasn't super pretty but we were proud that we finished.
We would be happy to join anyone else around here as we would like to do another sprint triathlon, but do it right. We trained for 12 weeks before the Magnolia but sure could use some tips and external motivation. Feel free to email me at [email protected]
I do well biking because I love it and so does my wife, but need help with the run (2 back surgeries) and help swimming.
Thanks all.
2013-11-06 8:58 AM
in reply to: diver.medic

User image

Veteran
Hi there, welcome back to hattiesburg and thank you for your service. There is a pretty large group of runner, cyclists and triathletes in hburg. You can friend the Pine Belt Pacers on facebook, or join. They have runs every weekend. Also Soccer Locker/City Runners and Runner's High both have weekly runs. I'm not sure if things are changing now that it gets dark, but they may still do something. You can join the tri email list group, just fill out the form on https://mailman.usm.edu/mailman/listinfo/triand you will start getting emails. Mostly it's group bike rides, but in the summer they will organize group swims, and bricks. I'm usually doing some form of training everyday, and would love company. I swim at the Wellness Center and bike/run wherever. The Longleaf trace is awesome to have a safe place to train. You can shoot me a private message on here or email me [email protected].
Welcome to the insanity!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Newbie in Hattiesburg area! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Ellisville/Hattiesburg area information

Started by KiminON
Views: 963 Posts: 4

2013-04-19 7:22 AM KiminON

OWS in Jackson Area

Started by mashmead
Views: 2119 Posts: 4

2010-08-11 9:31 AM kvesey

Hattiesburg anyone?

Started by kmill23
Views: 4898 Posts: 17

2011-06-09 2:56 PM kmill23

New race in Hattiesburg! - Heritage Eagleman Triathlon

Started by microspawn
Views: 7413 Posts: 13

2008-12-28 9:18 PM CoastTrash

MOVING TO HATTIESBURG

Started by hubcitytriguy
Views: 2035 Posts: 6

2008-05-16 6:58 PM hubcitytriguy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 30, 2012
author : jamesjbettis
comments : 4
Because triathlon can become a lifestyle, it can also become very complicated. But, it doesn’t have to.

date : November 9, 2010
author : lithelola
comments : 5
A bumbling non-athlete makes her determined way to the Nation's Triathlon finish line!
date : February 7, 2008
author : nxm165
comments : 1
Initial adventures of another 40-something entering the world of tri.

date : January 15, 2008
author : MLT1
comments : 4
The triathletes really inspired me. I watched them in awe as childlike thoughts went through my head like, "I want to do that!" But then reality set in. “Who are you kidding?
date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
comments : 0
A few trathletes at a local race setup their transition area.

date : January 29, 2006
author : seveerneb
comments : 44
How to consistently come in last place and enjoy it. By a real expert.
date : July 31, 2005
author : Mottyl
comments : 6
I had read the articles on BT, I'd trained, and I thought I had prepared. There were, however, a few things that I didn't internalize despite what I'd been told.

date : November 14, 2004
author : eclaire
comments : 0
Newbie blunders teach the mind to overcome the moment, and always have fun!