General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Moving to St Louis - need a wetsuit? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-18 2:43 PM

User image

Chesterfield, Missouri
Subject: Moving to St Louis - need a wetsuit?
I'm almost a newbie triathlete.
I was gearing up for my first in late July in Seattle - where I currently live.
Planned to buy a triathlon wetsuit for that real soon.
Around here close to 100% wear them for Olympic and longer triathlons. More than half wear them for sprint tri's too.

Then, I just found out I am moving to the St Louis area ASAP.

Now I am wondering if I will still want a tri wetsuit?
Are they widely used there? Will a scrawny guy with no insulating body fat still want one in Missouri temperatures?
(I am assuming most Tri's are in the summer and maybe fall there?)

2013-06-18 5:29 PM
in reply to: DennisF6

User image

Veteran
St Louis, Missouri
Subject: RE: Moving to St Louis - need a wetsuit?
The waters here warm up fast. (muddy lakes tend to do that) Water temp week before last was 75, The first OWS back in May the water was already 70. Not uncommon to have water at 80 in July - Sept.

There are not that many tri's in StL so you may be traveling a bit to compete. Head north to the cleaner cooler waters and it will come in handy.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Moving to St Louis - need a wetsuit? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Moving to St. Louis Area

Started by TriForrestTri
Views: 2027 Posts: 16

2011-02-14 1:41 PM Redline1

Vote for you favorite local tri (doesn't include St. Louis area)

Started by ott13979
Views: 1331 Posts: 1

2007-04-13 10:39 AM ott13979

St. Louis Marathon/Half Marathon

Started by katieyows
Views: 1536 Posts: 4

2007-04-14 9:54 AM Ktriathlete

Lake St. Louis Pages: 1 2

Started by slovegreen
Views: 3275 Posts: 28

2006-09-04 5:04 PM Ktriathlete

St. Louis Get-Together

Started by drmac
Views: 1495 Posts: 6

2006-02-23 12:01 PM katieyows
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 0
Feeling blah? Tempted to miss a workout? Here are some practices as well as on-the-spot tricks to get you into your workouts when you're just not feeling it.

date : March 16, 2009
author : Ron
comments : 1
How to copy, move and delete your training log workouts. Use this feature to perform customization to your training plans.
date : September 3, 2008
author : Ontherun
The first video in this series will go through some wetsuit basics: what is a triathlon wetsuit, different styles, rules for racing with a wetsuit and wetsuit care and fit.

date : August 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
I'm doing my first tri Saturday. It starts at 7 AM and the forecast is calling for a high of 82 (air temp). Do I need to rush out and get a wetsuit?
date : July 7, 2008
author : Ron
This is a 'first impressions' review of the Fit2Race Sockeye Fullsuit. From a first wetsuit point-of-view, I was able to dramatically improve my pace over non-wetsuit swims.

date : February 5, 2008
author : DominiqueL
A product review of the Louis Garneau Tri Air Triathlon Shoe. After nearly two years of testing, see how this shoe performed. Currently being replaced by the Tri Air 2.
date : January 15, 2008
author : MLT1
comments : 4
The triathletes really inspired me. I watched them in awe as childlike thoughts went through my head like, "I want to do that!" But then reality set in. “Who are you kidding?

date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
I’ve signed up to do the St. Anthony’s Olympic Triathlon in April. I will be 49 in May and need some advice on a good training program to fit into my full time work schedule.