General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Do disc's only benefit 25mph+ riders? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-06-21 7:47 PM
in reply to: magic

User image

Expert
Fernandina Beach, FL
Subject: RE: Do disc's only benefit 25mph+ riders?
Originally posted by magic

Originally posted by Leegoocrap

I'll bite just for fun and I refuse to go to ST.

Man you are missing out. Some classics in that thread. Even my non-tri friends thought it was awesome.

Actually to be honest, I have used ST for their classifieds before. I find the classifieds section quite a good experience. I refuse to go to the forums.

I love reading the forums on ST. However I will only post on the classifieds. Mostly because it seems like you kind of have to earn your stripes over there. That being said there's some hilarious threads over there, and I've bought several things off the classifieds with 0 troubles.

2013-06-22 5:43 AM
in reply to: rjrankin83

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Originally posted by rjrankin83
Originally posted by magicI'll bite just for fun and I refuse to go to ST.
Man you are missing out. Some classics in that thread. Even my non-tri friends thought it was awesome.
Actually to be honest, I have used ST for their classifieds before. I find the classifieds section quite a good experience. I refuse to go to the forums.
I love reading the forums on ST. However I will only post on the classifieds. Mostly because it seems like you kind of have to earn your stripes over there. That being said there's some hilarious threads over there, and I've bought several things off the classifieds with 0 troubles.
Eh, IMO, it helps to approach ST with a thick skin, thinking before you post something, and a willingness to push back when needed. Do that, and it can be worth frequenting that site, because there are some knowledgeable people who post there but not here on BT. Plus the entertainment value can be pretty good. I post here more, because I don't always have patience for dealing with some of ST's poster's stupid BS, and I enjoy helping beginners, but I lurk there a lot.
2013-06-22 8:52 PM
in reply to: TriMyBest

User image

Expert
Wilmington, NC
Originally posted by TriMyBest

Originally posted by odpaul7
Originally posted by magicI'll bite just for fun and I refuse to go to ST.
then how will you know how much of a time penalty you get for running beside a gorilla? THIS IS IMPORTANT STUFF PEOPLE.
Obviously only if said gorilla is pacing you as well. We might have to get USAT involved if there are gorilla decals, that's kinda a sensitive subject too.
But, should said gorilla ride a disc or stick with regular deep wheels?

well that depends. If said Gorilla is your friend you should go with a regular deep rear. If gorilla is your friend who was in cahoots with your wife then you have to go disc.
2013-06-24 10:18 AM
in reply to: qrkid

User image

Pro
Norwalk, Connecticut
i take 6 months off and miss all the fun.

WTF people, i never got insulting or dirty PM's, maybe i should go back to retirement.

you all never loved me.

Disc always unless it might kill you, then use the disc anyway.
2013-06-24 10:23 AM
in reply to: Rudedog55

User image

Extreme Veteran
Connecticut
Originally posted by Rudedog55

WTF people, i never got insulting or dirty PM's, maybe i should go back to retirement.

you all never loved me.

Ha! Welcome back Rudy! Does this mean I'll see you on the course this weekend?
I don't think you're the gorilla they were referring to. I'm happy to provide some insults if you'd like, but it would be from a place of love, so doesn't sound like it fits the bill.

2013-06-24 10:52 AM
in reply to: fisherman76

User image

Pro
Norwalk, Connecticut
Originally posted by fisherman76

Originally posted by Rudedog55

you all never loved me.

Ha! Welcome back Rudy! Does this mean I'll see you on the course this weekend?
I don't think you're the gorilla they were referring to. I'm happy to provide some insults if you'd like, but it would be from a place of love, so doesn't sound like it fits the bill.

not this weekend. Although i did sign up for the Mossman sprint, which will be done for fun and to see friends and get reacquainted with things.

Just excited to be training again, hopefully i can maintain my health and drop the crappy diet weight i have accumulated.

2013-06-24 10:54 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Connecticut
See you at the sprint then! Was hoping you'd make your way back to this motley bunch of freaks.
2013-06-24 11:01 AM
in reply to: fisherman76

User image

Pro
Norwalk, Connecticut
Originally posted by fisherman76

See you at the sprint then! Was hoping you'd make your way back to this motley bunch of freaks.

Nice job in Ridgefield, i think i might get back to my roots and do that one again next year as a tuneup for Patriot 2014

Dave, make sure u have a beer waiting for me after Mossman, lol!!!
2013-06-24 11:06 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Connecticut
done brother. Can't guarantee how cold it'll be, but it'll be there. You better beat my a$s out there and defend that course record!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Do disc's only benefit 25mph+ riders? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Done and done

Started by skinnyterror
Views: 2099 Posts: 13

2013-07-11 4:55 PM TTom

Disc Cover Graphics - DONE! Pages: 1 2

Started by TRICLOPICUS
Views: 1841 Posts: 26

2011-05-14 9:45 PM kbsnow

Anyone doing/done the Santa Rosa Island Tri or Destin Crab Trap Tri

Started by pilotzs
Views: 1653 Posts: 5

2013-05-28 5:00 PM tacetman

Any training benefits to doing an unofficial tri?

Started by classic05
Views: 942 Posts: 10

2009-04-18 3:26 PM BucNIowa

Rider v. Dog, Rider wins,,, this time.

Started by jkron
Views: 882 Posts: 6

2006-08-30 10:58 AM bshehan
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 14, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
After surgery for a herniated disc, is running causing a repeat injury?

date : October 27, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Hint: It's not a one-person job
date : April 28, 2011
author : fivecents
comments : 5
What my first sprint distance triathlon taught me about myself.

date : June 22, 2009
I know that annular tears mean there is a risk for a bigger disc blow-out. How do I continue to train and compete without putting myself at risk for worsening of my injury?
date : May 12, 2008
I started having trouble a couple months ago with a tightness and almost numbness in my anterior left leg and top of foot during running. It feels sort of dead.

date : April 14, 2008
A few years ago, I was diagnosed with two lumbar herniated discs (L1-L2). I have started a very slow build towards my first tri. Are there any recommendations or warnings I should heed?
date : March 17, 2008
author : CPT
In this third segment, Colorado Premier Training goes through several bike position tests to improve on rider efficiency. This was accomplished by varying the saddle height and aerobar width.

date : August 17, 2007
author : scoli121
comments : 6
I quickly browsed an article in Men's Health that talked about doing a triathlon, and how it wasn't really that hard. With a "tsk!" I quickly turned the page while thinking, "Yeah, right!"