General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Lanier vs Carrolton Tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-22 10:00 AM

User image

Subject: Lake Lanier vs Carrolton Tri
I am planning to do my first tri this September. The Lake Lanier and Carrolton Tri the Parks races are a week or so apart.

Has anyone done both of these and recommend one over the other?

Thanks!

2013-06-22 8:24 PM
in reply to: solstice

Extreme Veteran
Orlando, Florida
Subject: RE: Lake Lanier vs Carrolton Tri
I have done both. Both are great races

If I had to chose, I would lead toward John Tanner in Carrolton. The courses are fairly similar in terms of difficulty, but I thought the logistics at tanner were better.

At Lake lanier, you have to drop your bike off the night before. Parking can be a pain, and you may have to walk up to a mile to/from your car. At Tanner, you park almost right next to transition.

Congrats on signing up for your first tri.
2013-06-23 8:48 AM
in reply to: kevint

User image

Thank you, Kevin! That is really great information. I was already leaning toward Tanner. If all else is similar, parking convenience and not having to drop off my bike the day before wins!
2013-06-24 9:15 AM
in reply to: solstice

I did Lanier last year and did not enjoy it that much. The swim route was pretty funky with a hairpin turn not too far out so the pack was never able to separate. Add to it you were swimming in a narrow chute between the beach and a boat dock so there wasn't much room on either side to pass people.

The big hill to T1 was brutal but everything after that was good. It is a nice location, however.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Lanier vs Carrolton Tri Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

opinions on My First/My Next Tri Lake Lanier

Started by vettegirlhw
Views: 1077 Posts: 8

2011-11-22 6:50 AM Coldfire

Lake Lanier Tri - who's in??? Pages: 1 2

Started by mitchwendy
Views: 2070 Posts: 31

2009-10-03 6:27 PM tri-again

Looking for a Transfer App for the Lake Lanier Tri

Started by mjblakely
Views: 643 Posts: 2

2009-09-11 4:10 PM mjblakely

First Sprint Tri (Lake Lanier)- Need Advice

Started by Bobmarley
Views: 910 Posts: 4

2009-08-18 1:39 PM Bobmarley

Lake Lanier First Tri Pages: 1 2

Started by kns57
Views: 3453 Posts: 28

2007-05-08 2:50 PM mpet555
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : March 4, 2010
author : alex jb
comments : 0
The triathlon made a lot of sense as I could fit the training around early mornings and other times that wouldn't eat too much into my family time. Things never go completely to plan do they?
date : October 8, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 2
What kind of time difference would one expect in changing from a road bike with aerobars to a tri bike with aerobars over a HIM distance if using the same wheelset?

date : September 11, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussions on pull, hand entry angle, drill for bending the elbow, pool vs lake swim training, the best fins and balance drills.
date : August 10, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
The first time I ventured into the deep murky green lake and could not see the bottom my muscles tensed and my imagined fears surfaced. What exactly lies beneath?

date : December 31, 2006
author : TriSquirrel
comments : 2
A description of my experiences during my first triathlon. It was a great experience. I’m in better shape than I’ve ever been.
date : July 3, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions regarding wetsuit for a Sprint, Master's swimming, TI, aqua jogging, HIM fueling and salt, power meters and Tri vs Road bike.

date : May 1, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on periodization, tubular vs clinchers, swimming cadence, 650's vs 700's, plan priority, RAAM after double IM and swim training before race day.