General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for the best & cheapest options for swim training (Smyrna) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-24 4:01 PM

User image

Atlanta, Georgia
Subject: Looking for the best & cheapest options for swim training (Smyrna)
I am a newbie to triathlon training. I am already a runner & living in Smyrna I have access to the Silver Comet Trail for biking. What I am missing is a good place to do swim training. I have a pool in my neighborhood, but it is only 20 meters long so there is no way to build up any endurance.

I'm looking for options in the Smyrna (or nearby) area to do swim training. I know that I can join LA Fitness or another gym with a pool, but all I want is the swimming pool & I'd rather not end up paying $50+ a month to swim laps a couple times a week.

Any ideas? Even open water options are welcomed.

2013-06-25 9:46 AM
in reply to: Meathead

User image

Smyrna
Subject: RE: Looking for the best & cheapest options for swim training (Smyrna)
Cobb Aquatic Center is close and has reasonable rates. http://prca.cobbcountyga.gov/aquatic-fees.htm

I live in Smyrna too and have been swimming at the Adamsville Natatorium for the past 5 years. It's not in the best neighborhood, but the pool is great! 50m long course right now. I've been the only one swimming there more times than I can remember. I think they've got an annual pass you can purchase or you can pay each time you go. http://swim.isport.com/swimming-pools/us/georgia/atlanta/adamsville...
2013-06-25 12:56 PM
in reply to: ibFe

User image

Atlanta, Georgia
Subject: RE: Looking for the best & cheapest options for swim training (Smyrna)
Originally posted by ibFe

Cobb Aquatic Center is close and has reasonable rates. http://prca.cobbcountyga.gov/aquatic-fees.htm

I live in Smyrna too and have been swimming at the Adamsville Natatorium for the past 5 years. It's not in the best neighborhood, but the pool is great! 50m long course right now. I've been the only one swimming there more times than I can remember. I think they've got an annual pass you can purchase or you can pay each time you go. http://swim.isport.com/swimming-pools/us/georgia/atlanta/adamsville...

Thanks for the tip. I have seen several people talk about Adamsville. I don't mind the drive since it is right on 285 (it's still a shorter drive than it would take me to get to a real golf course!). I will see if they have any kind of one day trial pass so I can at least check it out before buying a long term pass.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for the best & cheapest options for swim training (Smyrna) Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Pools in Smyrna Area

Started by Marvarnett
Views: 1299 Posts: 11

2009-08-08 11:22 AM ATLrunr

Training Options for this weekend

Started by Marvarnett
Views: 2439 Posts: 22

2009-05-26 7:18 AM Marvarnett

Reminder_century saturday/ dirt cheap good cause

Started by phatknot
Views: 967 Posts: 7

2009-04-11 3:52 PM sabrekitty

New Club & Training Option - Dynamo Multisport

Started by EnduRight
Views: 1048 Posts: 3

2008-10-23 8:37 AM EnduRight

Props for my bike fitting at Smyrna Bicycles

Started by kuotaguy
Views: 1350 Posts: 2

2008-01-21 8:15 AM big john h
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 24, 2012
author : SwimSmart
comments : 9
Improve your technique and swim better with less effort by knowing these simple facts.

date : July 7, 2009
author : Total Immersion
comments : 0
Work less to swim better. Part two of this video series covers the principles of active streamlining to swim faster with less effort.
date : February 17, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 13
I have pedals with the cage and when I ride 2+ hours my legs feel much more tired then if I took out my husband's bike with clipless pedals. Do clipless pedals truly make the difference?

date : December 11, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Searching for the perfect gift for a friend, relative, or teammate? Here's a list of winning book suggestions for active people.
date : September 11, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussions on pull, hand entry angle, drill for bending the elbow, pool vs lake swim training, the best fins and balance drills.

date : March 7, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussions on hand entry, common triathlete training mistakes, the best swim drills, useful swim tools and flip turn help.
date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
comments : 1
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.

date : July 30, 2006
author : AMSSM
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.