General Discussion Triathlon Talk » NJ State Tri Bike Course Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-24 9:59 PM

East Windsor, NJ
Subject: NJ State Tri Bike Course
Just an FYI. Found out today that as a result of pending road construction, the bike courses for both Sprint and Olympic have been re-routed. Do yourself a favor and check them out before you venture out for a practice spin on the old course.....like I did this past weekend! Duh!

2013-06-27 2:43 PM
in reply to: Olindo517

User image

Master
Robbinsville NJ
Subject: RE: NJ State Tri Bike Course
Yup quite a bit different. It's now only 1/4 mile from my house at one point!
2013-07-01 8:35 AM
in reply to: Olindo517

It's too bad they have construction part of the old route. Based on the course map, the new one looks a bit more technical.
2013-07-02 11:48 AM
in reply to: corduroy

A bit more technical but more of a closed course which is good for both athletes and area residents.. I am going to ride the new course this afternoon leaving 5:30 out of the boat house parking lot at mercer county park. The new course also skirts my home also. Maybe i will have time to stop and have a vegan burger or two before the the run :0)
2013-07-02 11:48 AM

A bit more technical but more of a closed course which is good for both athletes and area residents.. I am going to ride the new course this afternoon leaving 5:30 out of the boat house parking lot at mercer county park. The new course also skirts my home also. Maybe i will have time to stop and have a vegan burger or two before the the run :0)
2013-07-11 8:08 AM

Anyone want to come along I will be leavin out of the Mercer county boathouse around 9.15 on Friday and 8:30 on Sunday. Plan on bringing run shoes also. I will have a all black tribike. And have done the new course a handful of times . Don't worry about speed it can be either fast or slow pending on who shows up. :0)

2013-07-15 3:16 PM
in reply to: lucerolite

User image

Did you ride it? How's the new course? I won't have a chance to get down there before Saturday but would love to know!
2013-07-16 6:13 AM
in reply to: myoun

User image

Regular
Rode it Sunday for the first time. Still a flat course, not much different than it was. I got lost inside MCCC, so hoping that is mapped out well.
2013-07-16 9:04 PM
in reply to: hessma

Got lost entering MCC too - kind of a dopey loop that was thrown in there.
2013-07-17 1:13 PM

Looks like they changed the bike course again - this time looping all the way towards the circle at MCC.
2013-07-17 2:16 PM
in reply to: myoun

Course is fast if the wind is blowing the right way. Pretty much course is in very decent shape road wise. I found most of the time I spent about 1' off the white line. Just keep a eye out for twigs and debree. A few potholes and sewer covers. Coming out of T 1 I found it was faster for me to be in the second hardest gear then shifting to hardest once up to speed. Coming out of the park I shifted up one and kept it there till I crest the hill on 525. It is not really a big hill. Then for the rest of ride i was in the hardest gear oly shifting up on Pond rd. and around a few turns. On Cubberly Rd. keep a eye out for a couple potholes and cracked road. Once In the park again stay a foot of the white line for the best real estate to ride. If u are doing the Oly and go around the circle stay in the middle as there is gravel near the curbline. If ur doing the Olympic rinse and repeat :0)
Good luck on ur race

2013-07-17 2:19 PM
in reply to: hessma

I loved it inside the college at one point I was pushing 27mph for a bit. Sure wish I could hold that AA a average :0)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » NJ State Tri Bike Course Rss Feed