General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri Clubs near Cold Spring, NY Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-25 9:07 AM

User image

Subject: Tri Clubs near Cold Spring, NY
Hey Everyone,

I'm moving to Cold Spring, NY next week and I'm looking for a Tri Club near by to join. Cold Spring is just south of Beacon, NY and directly across the HUdson River from West Point. Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance,
-DZ

2013-06-26 10:58 AM
in reply to: Dzazzi

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cold Spring, NY
Subject: RE: Tri Clubs near Cold Spring, NY
First, welcome to Cold Spring!

I don't actually know of any specific tri clubs. I hear good things about the Hudson Valley Tri Club (hvtc.net) but they are pretty far north and West of Cold Spring. While its not a tri club, the bikeway.com team is chock full of s/b/r-ers. And even if you don't race with them, they do open group rides out of Wappingers Falls and Mahopac. You probably know this already, but there's good riding in practically any direction you turn from your new digs.
2013-06-27 9:56 AM
in reply to: bdenehy

User image

Thanks Bill!

I was checking Hudson Valley Tri out, they look great but like you said they are just to far north and west. I will defiantly check out Bikeway. Sounds like that might do the trick. I'm super excited to move, looks like tons of riding (and my other fav, hiking) in the area.

-DZ
2013-07-02 9:12 PM
in reply to: Dzazzi

User image

Expert
Carmel
Check out Team Bikeway. Great shop and great group of people. Very active in the local Tri/cycling community. Flagship store is in Wappingers Falls, and the other shop is in Mahopac. I am near Mahopac so do those group rides but and stuff.

Besides the shop rides in the summer and store trainer sessions in the winter there are also groups that will meet up randomly.

PM for more info
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri Clubs near Cold Spring, NY Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Bike shops near Fayetteville, NY

Started by Luby162
Views: 811 Posts: 3

2012-05-07 12:20 PM Luby162

12-Week Beginner Tri Program with Empire Tri Club

Started by acooper11
Views: 1160 Posts: 1

2012-03-01 3:59 PM acooper11

OWS near Valhalla/White Plains NY

Started by [email protected]
Views: 1083 Posts: 3

2011-05-05 6:43 PM [email protected]

OWS near Southern Tier, NY

Started by jhoyt1
Views: 1930 Posts: 13

2009-05-22 9:20 AM cator

American Zofingen DU near New Platz NY

Started by Joe_h
Views: 1404 Posts: 10

2008-04-13 3:49 PM kuota3
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 5, 2013
author : b2run
comments : 7
This is an article with lots of great information about running in temperatures from 0 C to - 30 C.

date : September 6, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
The pros and cons of training with a group or training partner
date : October 9, 2007
author : RaytownPete
”Dang! That water’s cold!” immediately hit me. In these first few seconds, my triathlon goal sunk quicker than my legs and torso had. I now knew this was going to be a lot harder than I imagined.

date : January 1, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
Inclusion is the key, with elements of the ride fulfilling the training and social needs of 95% of the membership. We have found that course selection, leadership have been the keys.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Team BT
The toll of fate strikes as those with orange swim caps are beckoned to begin the journey. Ahhh, nothing like the feel of ice cold water seeping in your wetsuit to wake you up. GO!

date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.
date : April 17, 2005
author : AMSSM
Training in the cold can be effective and fun with some planning. Overall, prepare for the environment, stay hydrated and dry, listen to your body and have a great safe cold weather outing.

date : January 10, 2005
author : trithis
Club or group workouts are very motivating and soon you’ll start feeling like a triathlete, making you less likely to flake out.