Other Resources The Political Joe » Gun advocates plan 5k run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-06-27 5:04 AM

User image

Subject: Gun advocates plan 5k run
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/story/Gun-advocates-pl...

Of all the gun related articles I see, this one definitely works on this board

2013-06-27 7:25 AM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Veteran
Elmira, ON
Subject: RE: Gun advocates plan 5k run
I just tried to imagine trying to run 5k with my Norinco SKS strapped to my back...lol.

Interesting concept. I like the fact they are donating the money to a worthy charity.

2013-06-28 10:44 PM
in reply to: TheCrownsOwn

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson
I commented on this on another forum I frequent.  Although I've done a lot of running with my gun, it has been in a holster (shorts) designed (generally) for that activity.  My OC holster doesn't go with running shorts.  My IWB holster  could probably work, but it would be bouncing a lot.  I love the idea, but how many people have attempted to run with their gun?
2013-06-29 1:26 AM
in reply to: kmanus

User image

Elite

Originally posted by kmanus I commented on this on another forum I frequent.  Although I've done a lot of running with my gun, it has been in a holster (shorts) designed (generally) for that activity.  My OC holster doesn't go with running shorts.  My IWB holster  could probably work, but it would be bouncing a lot.  I love the idea, but how many people have attempted to run with their gun?

Have you seen these?

http://www.pistolwear.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=ia1321470134895

I personally would not do so. shorts and shoes are all I care to wear, but some say they work.

2013-06-29 3:42 AM

User image

Originally posted by kmanus

I commented on this on another forum I frequent.  Although I've done a lot of running with my gun, it has been in a holster (shorts) designed (generally) for that activity.  My OC holster doesn't go with running shorts.  My IWB holster  could probably work, but it would be bouncing a lot.  I love the idea, but how many people have attempted to run with their gun?

Belly band and a mouse gun would work.

I'm not sure one of the Mr Potato Head type ARs would be such a hot idea, though.

2013-06-30 12:37 AM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson
I use the Undertech concealment shorts.  I'm not sure I'm a fan of any kind of belly band - I hate having my fuel belt around my waist.  Plus it doesn't work so well if I only run in shorts & a bra. :-)

2013-06-30 12:50 AM

User image

Elite

Originally posted by kmanus I use the Undertech concealment shorts.  I'm not sure I'm a fan of any kind of belly band - I hate having my fuel belt around my waist.  Plus it doesn't work so well if I only run in shorts & a bra. :-)

Or... it works really well and people give you a wide berth. Wink

2013-06-30 11:53 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

The only way I'm running with a gun is if someone is chasing me with a bigger gun.

I can't even stand walking around with one....in fact, after nearly 30 years of carrying one for 8 hours a day I blame the damn thing for most of my hip arthritis.

Edited by Left Brain 2013-06-30 11:55 AM
2013-06-30 4:42 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Left Brain

The only way I'm running with a gun is if someone is chasing me with a bigger gun.

I can't even stand walking around with one....in fact, after nearly 30 years of carrying one for 8 hours a day I blame the damn thing for most of my hip arthritis.

Two things:

I thought size didn't matter.  Gun size, that is.

Carrying a gun gave you hip arthritis? Really?  Maybe you needed a, um, smaller gun.

2013-06-30 7:15 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Pro
Originally posted by switch

Two things:

Carrying a gun gave you hip arthritis? Really?  Maybe you needed a, um, smaller gun.

Who knows....all I know is that I have advanced arthritis in my left hip and none in my right.  The only difference between the two is that I carried an extra 3-4 lbs. on  my right hip for many years. 

I can't wait to retire just so I don't have to carry a gun anymore.....what a pain in the arse. 

I haven't carried a gun off duty in over 20 years...I guess I'm just not scared enough.

2013-06-30 7:26 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Two things:

Who knows....all I know is that I have advanced arthritis in my left hip and none in my right.  The only difference between the two is that I carried an extra 3-4 lbs. on  my right hip for many years. 

I can't wait to retire just so I don't have to carry a gun anymore.....what a pain in the arse. 

I haven't carried a gun off duty in over 20 years...I guess I'm just not scared enough.

WTH? Why a 3-4lb gun? Standard issue?

2013-06-30 7:31 PM

User image

Pro

Yep.....gun, 11-14 round magazine, 2 extra magazines, holster.....easy 3 - 4 lbs. 

I can't wait to turn it all into a boat anchor.

2013-06-30 7:38 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Thatakes more sense...I wasn't thinking about all that. What kinda gun?
2013-06-30 7:42 PM

User image

Pro
Now a Sig 229.....for most of my time it was a SW 4046...before that a SW .357 revolver (remember, I am old) .  Laughing
2013-07-01 11:06 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson

Two things:

I gotta pick on this.  I'm not scared, but I'm a 125 lb female....I'm not going to overpower most men.  That's just reality; and out running alone in a semi-rural area?  Yeah, I don't have a super chance w/o a gun or knife.  No one is going to hear me scream.

(the most exciting part of that response - the fact I got to type 1-2-5......I haven't been that in...umm well like 10 years probably!)

2013-07-01 12:07 PM

User image

Pro

Two things:

I gotta pick on this.  I'm not scared, but I'm a 125 lb female....I'm not going to overpower most men.  That's just reality; and out running alone in a semi-rural area?  Yeah, I don't have a super chance w/o a gun or knife.  No one is going to hear me scream.

(the most exciting part of that response - the fact I got to type 1-2-5......I haven't been that in...umm well like 10 years probably!)

I absolutely stand by your right to carry a gun in any situation you deem necessary.  In fact, I should probably carry one more than I do but I'm just tired of it......outside of work I see it as a PITA.  "Scared" was probably the wrong word and I don't blame you for picking on it.  I just don't see the world as a place where I'm going to be attacked. 

2013-07-01 12:23 PM

User image

I absolutely stand by your right to carry a gun in any situation you deem necessary.  In fact, I should probably carry one more than I do but I'm just tired of it......outside of work I see it as a PITA.  "Scared" was probably the wrong word and I don't blame you for picking on it.  I just don't see the world as a place where I'm going to be attacked. 

I, personally, am all for a woman's right to choose. This includes her own decision as to whether or not to carry defensive items as well as to what extent.

I also haven't been in a car wreck of any sort since about 1985 but I wear my seatbelt regularly, haven't had a flat in years, yet I burn more gas carrying a spare, don't believe my kitchen is going to catch fire tomorrow yet I have an extinguisher.

I, too, have carried a firearm most of my life and it's just part of putting clothing on now. No more, no less.

2013-07-01 12:24 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Two things:

And that's in large part because you ain't no 1-2-5 female, bro
2013-07-01 12:31 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Two things:

Yeah, I guess.....I have no idea what that feels like.  Like I said, carry a gun....in fact, shoot some bad guys, I'm good with it!  Just leave a few.....I gotta be able to put food on the table.  Laughing

Edited by Left Brain 2013-07-01 12:32 PM
2013-07-01 12:35 PM

User image

Yeah, I guess.....I have no idea what that feels like.  Like I said, carry a gun....in fact, shoot some bad guys, I'm good with it!  Just leave a few.....I gotta be able to put food on the table.  Laughing

As long as there are humans, you'll never be unemployed in the field of enforcement.

2013-07-01 1:08 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

Two things:

Are you implying that LB is not sexually appealing enough to get attacked?

That is not very nice.

2013-07-01 1:49 PM
in reply to: Aarondb4

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Aarondb4

Two things:

Are you implying that LB is not sexually appealing enough to get attacked?

That is not very nice. :)

No, I'm quite sure LB is hot. He's also a big, intimidating badazz. And a cop.
2013-07-01 1:51 PM

User image

Pro
I'm scared of mice.
2013-07-01 3:26 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Well, that kinda ruins it. Pu$$Y.
2013-07-01 3:29 PM

User image

Pro
And midget clowns......horrifying!!! Surprised
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Gun advocates plan 5k run Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

STUDY: Using Guns for Defense Leads to Fewer Injuries

Started by DanielG
Views: 2243 Posts: 20

2013-06-28 7:22 PM DanielG

Medical Groups Oppose Gun-Law Change To Share Mental Health Records

Started by DanielG
Views: 1895 Posts: 11

2013-06-19 2:04 PM powerman

CA "Gun Control" Bill basically bans all firearms

Started by bcart1991
Views: 2148 Posts: 6

2013-06-03 10:30 PM SevenZulu

'The' Gun Thread Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48

Started by Ron
Views: 41035 Posts: 1177

2013-06-21 10:20 AM powerman

Gun threads - UPDATE

Started by Ron
Views: 2892 Posts: 2

2013-06-06 12:18 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 3, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Scheduling workouts in the Custom Training Plan Creator for an ideal, balanced, injury-free season

date : May 17, 2010
author : mjfewell
comments : 3
In November of 2000, I noticed that I was losing the feeling in my toes. The sensation traveled up my body and within a week, I was nearly 80% paralyzed.
date : October 30, 2005
author : acbadger
comments : 0
First, with your upcoming 5K, I strongly advise you to check out the “Couch to 5K” training schedule. This training schedule is a GREAT way to get back into running safely and wisely.

date : October 24, 2004
author : tri-en
comments : 0
If you are like many runners you may be frustrated at racing 5K distances and never being able to run them faster. Improve your race pace with this flexible 12 week program.
date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 6
Couch to 5k programs for those starting from square one.

comments : 12
This aggressive couch to 5k program will get you running from nothing and will be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.
comments : 2
This couch to 5k program will get your running in seven months and can be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.

comments : 2
Overview of two walk/run routines for training for a 5K.