Other Resources My Cup of Joe » pen tablets and graphic media? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-30 8:46 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh
Subject: pen tablets and graphic media?
morning COJ.

I am looking at maybe adding a pen tablet to my computer setup and do not know of anyone who has one or has used one. They look cool and I think I could get some good use out of it.

my background; a landscape architect that specializes in using digital media (AutoCAD, 3ds, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.). I also do quite a bit of traditional graphics as well and think the pen tablet could add a new level to my digital skill set.

Q's:

What brand? I saw a medium size Intuos that "looks" good but know nothing of the brand.
Bamboo version? Are they ok or are they really to basic for someone like me and stick with the more professional models?
Size? I am thinking that a medium (8.8"x5.5") working surface will fit best on my desktop and be cost effective.
Working Surface? how big should the working surface be? I could see the potential issue of a small working surface be like drawing on a postage stamp.

any input would be helpful.

2013-06-30 8:39 PM
in reply to: bullyboy

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson
Subject: RE: pen tablets and graphic media?

I have one of the Bamboo's (Capture maybe?  it was <$100) for my photography work.  I love it, but it can be hard on your wrist depending on how you have it sitting.  It takes a little adaption on where you are in relation to your mouse and accidently clicking the buttons the pen.....

2013-06-30 9:57 PM
in reply to: bullyboy

User image

Expert
Central Mass
Subject: RE: pen tablets and graphic media?

"intuos" and "bamboo" are both model lines for Wacom.  IIRC Wacom was the first tablet manufacturer and usually called the best.

I haven't seen anyone use one in a long time though.  I had a guy (structural engineer) I worked with 2 firms ago that had one with the old school mouse pointer thing - not a pen - but he never actually used it.

Something like this, but about 15 years older lol:

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » pen tablets and graphic media? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

BIC pens for women!

Started by AbbieR
Views: 1131 Posts: 5

2013-02-25 2:14 PM volfireman07

VIDEO: one interesting pen

Started by otongki
Views: 675 Posts: 2

2011-04-14 8:18 AM 1stTimeTri

24/7 Pens/Capitals on HBO

Started by Boston Beginner
Views: 1206 Posts: 6

2010-12-29 5:49 PM FALLS-RUNNER

Wings - Pens! Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Started by enders_shadow
Views: 4428 Posts: 146

2009-06-14 8:56 AM SweetK

My son's Pen Pal from Suriname, South America ...

Started by 1stTimeTri
Views: 1514 Posts: 7

2009-05-02 9:37 PM bootygirl
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 24, 2007
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on salt tablets, AM workout nutrition, coffee, post workout nutrition, whey powder, recovery nutrition, losing weight, Recoverite usage, the necessity of sugars and snack ideas.

date : June 25, 2006
author : Team BT
Incline Bench Press-Barbell Medium Grip strength exercise instruction with picture and video.
date : June 25, 2006
Bench Press-Barbell Medium Grip exercise instruction with picture and video.

date : June 22, 2006
Preacher Bench Medium-Grip Barbell Curl strength exercise instruction with picture and video.
date : September 4, 2004
author : Dillion
comments : 1
If anyone is considering expanding their horizons and getting into doing an Ironman distance or ½ Ironman distance race, there are many tips and tricks that can help in having a pleasant experience.