Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Mid-summer Reading Recommendations Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2014-07-10 5:17 AM
in reply to: KSH

User image

Regular
Madrid
Subject: RE: Mid-summer Reading Recommendations Thread
I love the bookbub. I've been on it for a month or so. I love the daily suggestions and browsing. I've already come across a bunch of books and authors I'm sure I never would have without. Most recent purchases were a couple books from the Harry Reese series.

2014-07-10 1:04 PM
in reply to: gr33n

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
One of my favt threads. Last book thread got me turned on to 11/22/63, Ender's Game, Girl with the Dragoo Tattoo, and Gone Girl.

I second those that mention Vince Flynn; I adore Mitch Rapp. And I've recently gone back to Stephen King and Dean Koontz; I had turned away from them earlier because they are such great writers that many of their books disturb me. Working thru Dean Koontz' Odd Thomas series - slowly because they are heavy - but I love the sense of humor. Just listened to the audio of Delores Clairborne from King and was highly entertained due to the wonderful writing.

and a few others.....
Before I Go to Sleep, S. J. Watson
Calico Joe by John Gresham
Me before You (Heavy but thought provocating), JoJo Moyes
Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

Two of Patterson's books that were very interesting are Kill Me If You Can and Second Honeymoon; I won't read any of the Alex Cross one tho. And I've just finished two Miriam Keyes which were different.
2014-07-10 1:23 PM
in reply to: Pink Socks

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by Pink Socks

I'm about halfway through the Rosie Project and it's HILARIOUS! It's like being in side Sheldon's head from the Big Bang Theory.

Me Before You was just meh for me. I didn't really like the main character, or the random change in perspective (and then back) towards the end. Strange book, for so many glowing reviews. I gave it 3 out of 5 stars.

Gone Girl is next on my list.

2014-07-12 9:48 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Originally posted by lisac957

I'm about halfway through the Rosie Project and it's HILARIOUS! It's like being in side Sheldon's head from the Big Bang Theory.

Me Before You was just meh for me. I didn't really like the main character, or the random change in perspective (and then back) towards the end. Strange book, for so many glowing reviews. I gave it 3 out of 5 stars.

Yea, Me Before You was tough. Normally I like total and complete escapism but occasionally I'll throw something in the mix that is heavier; that one was disturbing on several levels but still I liked the writing. Def let me know what you think of Gone Girl. Someone on here gave me a little heads-up on it.
2014-07-15 10:21 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Originally posted by lisac957

I loved Gone Girl but its a total mind f*** - lol! can't wait to see the movie
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Mid-summer Reading Recommendations Thread Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

Summer Reading Lists anyone? Pages: 1 2

Started by akustix
Views: 2381 Posts: 26

2009-06-29 8:40 AM graceful_dave

Reading the dating ideas thread.... Pages: 1 2 3

Started by Spokes
Views: 2425 Posts: 53

2006-12-14 3:52 PM 1 Foot The Other

DON'T READ THIS THREAD!! Pages: 1 2 3

Started by vortmax
Views: 2958 Posts: 57

2006-03-23 9:42 AM kimj81

Summer Reading? Pages: 1 2

Started by newbiedoo
Views: 3168 Posts: 43

2005-08-01 11:16 AM Chris Tree

I refuse to read Disgusting But thread

Started by Renee
Views: 1542 Posts: 16

2005-07-27 10:40 AM dibujob
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 22, 2009
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Find out which sports nutrition practices effectively enhance performance. What and when you eat powerfully impacts how well you can perform.

date : May 19, 2008
author : peteo
Well it is mid-life crisis time. I could get a mistress but I still think my wife is hot. Or I can abuse my body like I was still 19. Triathlon world here I come!!
date : May 12, 2008
author : AMSSM
Ever since running that marathon I have been experiencing stiffness and discomfort in my left foot, from the fourth and fifth metatarsals to about my mid foot.

date : April 2, 2006
author : TriDoc5280
comments : 2
This article will cover the basics on the nutritional needs of athletes and will include some standard recommendations from neutral bodies.
date : April 2, 2006
author : mikericci
This summer, I am planning on doing three triathlons. What should my strategy be for training, tapering and resting during, before and after each race?