2013-07-11 3:27 PM
in reply to: frizbplaya

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2013-07-11 4:19 PM
in reply to: kjk

Minneapolis, MN
Subject: RE: Lifetime tri
rows are assigned by race number. however the people in each row are not so if you get there too late you will literally have to try and get people to move over a little to make room.

Also keep in mind what time transition closes. ya it sucks to wait so long for a late start, but they do close transition at 645.
2013-07-11 7:26 PM
in reply to: FoggyGoggles

Veteran
Maple Grove

Originally posted by FoggyGoggles 7:48 Wave Start for me. I've been fighting off a bout of plantar fasciaitis for the last two months so I am going to be happy to finish with a respectable time. I switched over to Saucony Kinvara's from a minimalist (Brooks Pure Connect) shoe that I've been running for the last 8 months. It seems that as soon as I went from the treadmill to the pavement the pain started. Two runs into these shoes have been better, but run fitness has suffered! Hope to see some of you out there. I'll be in a black TriPlyo top and probably in a Biffy line somewhere. Have fun out there y'all!

I'm with you, AB. If they start us alphabetically, you should be just out in front of me. I have a plain black (grey?) DeSoto Trisuit. 

Pete, are you gunning for your 2:10 to get into the elites for next year? That will be tough if it's as humid as I suspect it will be (rain or not...). Looks like only 3 guys beat that last year amongst all age groupers. I was just looking back at last year's results. One-TENTH of a second separated 2nd and 3rd place in your age group. That's the pisser about a time-trial start. Those two guys had no idea they were that close to each other. it would have been interesting to watch them had they been head to head coming down the finishers chute.

2013-07-11 8:12 PM

New user
I'm in wave 50 of 54. 9:28 something. Yay for me.
2013-07-11 8:13 PM
in reply to: rdailey1

Minneapolis, MN
Originally posted by rdailey1

Originally posted by FoggyGoggles 7:48 Wave Start for me. I've been fighting off a bout of plantar fasciaitis for the last two months so I am going to be happy to finish with a respectable time. I switched over to Saucony Kinvara's from a minimalist (Brooks Pure Connect) shoe that I've been running for the last 8 months. It seems that as soon as I went from the treadmill to the pavement the pain started. Two runs into these shoes have been better, but run fitness has suffered! Hope to see some of you out there. I'll be in a black TriPlyo top and probably in a Biffy line somewhere. Have fun out there y'all!

I'm with you, AB. If they start us alphabetically, you should be just out in front of me. I have a plain black (grey?) DeSoto Trisuit. 

Pete, are you gunning for your 2:10 to get into the elites for next year? That will be tough if it's as humid as I suspect it will be (rain or not...). Looks like only 3 guys beat that last year amongst all age groupers. I was just looking back at last year's results. One-TENTH of a second separated 2nd and 3rd place in your age group. That's the pisser about a time-trial start. Those two guys had no idea they were that close to each other. it would have been interesting to watch them had they been head to head coming down the finishers chute.

2:10 would be a serious dream, not reality. I really dislike time trial start. I'm in 10 minutes after the first age groupers so almost everyone the will beat me will finish behind me, with the age groups that are ahead of me.

For example at waconia I think 4 people were 10 seconds or less in the results. Had no idea. Just proves we have to push it to the finish, because ya never know.

I am looking forward to clouds even rain. Anything except delay/cancelation will be better than the heat last year.

2013-07-11 8:17 PM

2013-07-11 8:37 PM
in reply to: peteweb55403

2:10 would be a serious dream, not reality. I really dislike time trial start. I'm in 10 minutes after the first age groupers so almost everyone the will beat me will finish behind me, with the age groups that are ahead of me.

For example at waconia I think 4 people were 10 seconds or less in the results. Had no idea. Just proves we have to push it to the finish, because ya never know.

I was in a wave start where I never saw anyone from my wave once I got out of the water (the wave included a couple of groups of masters aged guys). It was weird. I just had to do my own race. I did pass a guy in my age group once, but didn't know it because he had sweated his age off. My only podium finish ever squeaking out a 3rd in my age group. Push to the finish like you said.
2013-07-11 8:53 PM
in reply to: FoggyGoggles

Veteran
Maple Grove
Originally posted by FoggyGoggles

Good. I'll try to swim slow enough to catch your feet and try to follow you the next 1400 yards!

When you see a barge float by, you'll know it's me

2013-07-12 8:26 AM

Expert
Madison, Wisconsin
Hey guys this is my first time doing LTF. I was up last weekend paddle boarding on Calhoun and the water was quite warm. How crowded does the bike course get? I go off at 8 and am preparing for a crowded course? How early should I get to transition, sounds like everyone arrives real early.

Ill be in the Captain America, speedo, disc, speed concept combo. See you all out there!
2013-07-12 8:48 AM
in reply to: boostedcvc

Minneapolis
Originally posted by boostedcvc

I only live two miles away from transition and will be biking over in the morning as well.

I'm conflicted on when to arrive this year as well. I've always done the olympic race and shown up around 5, however this year I'm doing the spring course and am trying to determine when to show up..........

Like someone else stated the sprint course doesn't start until around 8:45 and getting there at 5 leaves four hours to do nothing......That makes eating and drinking difficult to plan prior to the race....

If you get there early then you have to wait around for 4 hours, but if you get there late you have to fight for a crappy transition location.... ugg

We should bike sometime! We must live pretty close.

I just found out my start time is 9:33 - second to last. That's crazy! I may set up, then go home and put my feet up for a couple hours
2013-07-12 10:30 AM
in reply to: bcagle25

2013-07-12 11:40 AM
in reply to: bcagle25

New user
I remember your kit from Trinona! I'll keep a watch out for you at the swim start.

I'm foregoing the wetsuit this year - debating on whether or not to wear the swim skin, or just stick with my blue70 tri suit and pink calf compression hose. Less to deal with in T1 especially.

2013-07-12 2:08 PM
in reply to: PBrr

Minneapolis, MN
The bike course , if you are in the Oly is not that crowded. For the sprint it gets more congested. Most of the Oly racers are out of the water prior to the sprinters getting in.

Side note: for those that did not read the email about packet pick up , like me; and have done the race before: packet pickup is at nokomis NOT the convention center. I was wondering why it was so crowded there when I drove by on my way home from work.

Glad I did not go to the convention center.
2013-07-12 3:36 PM

Thanks to everyone chiming in about taking 35W to Diamond Lake from the south.  I just tried it to go for packet pick up and it seemed pretty slick.  This will be my 1st tri and I'm way more excited than nervous (so far!).  Good luck all!
2013-07-12 5:21 PM
in reply to: 0

Veteran
Maple Grove

Originally posted by bcagle25 Hey guys this is my first time doing LTF. I was up last weekend paddle boarding on Calhoun and the water was quite warm. How crowded does the bike course get? I go off at 8 and am preparing for a crowded course? How early should I get to transition, sounds like everyone arrives real early. Ill be in the Captain America, speedo, disc, speed concept combo. See you all out there!

I'll be sure to say hi! As Foggy said, some of the corners are treacherous. There is a roundabout near Minnehaha Falls Park that is tricky (we go by it twice), the turn off of Ford Parkway is tight, and the turn off of Cedar onto the transition road is a ~135 degrees. Further, the sprinters going out on the course will be coming at you head on if you go too wide throught that corner. As mentioned earlier in the thread, be sure to tighten all of your bolts, as the road is in very poor shape. 

As silly as this may sound, I much preferred packet pick-up at the convention center. Traffic down there was horrible, and there was a cop blocking the parkway towards the race site, so i had to park in the neighborhood to the west and walk a half a mile.  Traffic going home was even worse...I'm clearly not a city folk. Took me almost two hours round-trip from Maple Grove.

ETA: as Pete mentioned, the bike course for the olympic racers isn't bad because you're out on the course before the sprinters really get up and running.

Edited by rdailey1 2013-07-12 5:42 PM
2013-07-12 5:27 PM

New user
You're right behind me then. We should meet up and commiserate together!

2013-07-12 5:27 PM

New user
You're right behind me then. We should meet up and commiserate together!
2013-07-12 5:44 PM
in reply to: PBrr

Veteran
Maple Grove
Did anyone see a water temp posted today? I'd hate to have to bring my wetsuit...
2013-07-12 6:17 PM

New user

Did anyone see a water temp posted today? I'd hate to have to bring my wetsuit...

It was said 78.6

For those of you still wearing it be aware.

You can still wear it but there will be a special "wetsuit wave" for those choosing to still wear it. You will be the last wave of your respective race if you wear it.

Good Luck everyone and hope for some great weather
2013-07-12 9:05 PM

Anyone have a definite answer on where to put the temp tattoos with our numbers? They said there would be instructions for placement in the bag but i don't have any. Someone on the FB page asked and they said each one goes on each arm. No numbers on the leg. Seems odd but that was the Lifetime FB answer. Is that what people are going with?
2013-07-12 10:11 PM

Regular
Bloomington
Originally posted by kjk

Anyone have a definite answer on where to put the temp tattoos with our numbers? They said there would be instructions for placement in the bag but i don't have any. Someone on the FB page asked and they said each one goes on each arm. No numbers on the leg. Seems odd but that was the Lifetime FB answer. Is that what people are going with?

I had the instructions - both on the arms. Nothing for the legs, no wave or age group numbers

2013-07-13 4:35 AM

Minneapolis, MN
Originally posted by kjk

Tatoos on arms. They will mark legs at body marking in the morning
2013-07-13 5:55 AM
in reply to: #4798042

Veteran
Maple Grove
Oops.. Knew I should have checked here first... Left arm, left leg
2013-07-13 5:57 AM
in reply to: #4803076

Veteran
Maple Grove
Did anyone else need a boat to get down here this morning? Holy buckets of rain! Guessing the start will be delayed some. Camping in the car until the rain stops... Thank goodness for the second cup of coffee I brought.
2013-07-13 2:12 PM

New user
We came upon a 5-car pileup on 35W just before the Lake Street exit about 5am - called it in, and from what i heard from other races around me, the area flooded as well.

The swim was insane. I ended up flipping on my back and had to hold onto a lifeguard's floaty twice. Once I turned the buoy, I managed to freestyle most of the second half, but ended up getting kicked and elbowed a lot, but that's part of the swim anyway.

Did anyone notice the bike course being about 17 miles? Good hill workout for the legs, but I could have done without the tight exit/entry area - I kept trying to pass someone on the left, and he kept gliding over in front of me. By the time I got onto the run course, I was pooped - that swim really took a lot out of me, and I hadn't had anything to eat since 4:30am. Oatmeal only goes so far.

Don't think I'll do this one again - the roads were awful, and it was just too crowded for me.

Now it's nap time!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lifetime tri Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

Mpls Lifetime Tri - which bike?

Started by musicmcb
Views: 1500 Posts: 12

2012-06-18 4:01 AM shaunjamison

Lifetime Fitness Tri...Who's Gettin' Nasty Pages: 1 2 3

Started by SneakySpeed
Views: 6644 Posts: 63

2011-07-10 10:07 PM Climbinggonzo

West River Road...Lifetime Tri

Started by Jelly21
Views: 1369 Posts: 11

2010-05-20 3:28 PM mmrocker13

'Celebrity' at Lifetime Fitness Tri...

Started by sparco
Views: 971 Posts: 1

2006-06-26 1:18 PM sparco

FYI - Lifetime Fitness Tri nearly full

Started by Matchman
Views: 803 Posts: 1

2006-05-03 9:30 AM Matchman
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 13, 2008
author : eschmits
comments : 2
After I left the running store, I couldn't stop thinking about the sprint tri and how much of a challenge it would be for me. So instead of joining a gym, I started riding my bike and it felt great.

date : February 5, 2008
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
A product review of the Louis Garneau Tri Air Triathlon Shoe. After nearly two years of testing, see how this shoe performed. Currently being replaced by the Tri Air 2.
date : January 1, 2008
author : agrace
comments : 4
I couldn’t help but feel that the race had beaten me. Perhaps duathlons were more for me? No, I was more determined than ever to succeed. I was determined to get on top of my swimming.

date : January 23, 2007
author : KenMierke
comments : 5
A powerful attraction of the calories in/calories out paradigm is its apparent simplicity. Unfortunately, the human body isn’t so simple and that is why this seemingly wonderful formula doesn't work.
date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
comments : 0
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.

date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.
date : November 27, 2005
author : spetremears
9 weeks after my first bike ride, 5 months after my first swim and 13 months after my surgery I entered the Nelson week Tri a Tri !

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.