Other Resources The Political Joe » Illinois is a shall-issue Concealed Carry state. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-09 2:56 PM

User image

Subject: Illinois is a shall-issue Concealed Carry state.
General Assembly overrides governor's veto of concealed carry bill
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-illinois-conc...

Now what's really interesting in all this is that out of state people who carry a permit can carry today in IL if they don't get out of the car. Say going from IN to WI, driving through Chicago, they can have a pistol on their hip. BUT IL residents won't be carrying until some time next year probably.

I find that amusing. WI had that issue when they first passed it too.

2013-07-09 7:21 PM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Illinois is a shall-issue Concealed Carry state.
2013-07-10 8:02 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Did you check out the link on the right side of the article you linked?

http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/homicides

Just insane that the criminals can now conceal carry.

2013-07-10 8:11 AM
in reply to: Jackemy1

User image

Originally posted by Jackemy1

Did you check out the link on the right side of the article you linked?

http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/homicides

Just insane that the criminals can now conceal carry.

A few questions come to mind

What, exactly, do you mean "can now conceal carry"? Criminals have always been doing that.

If they're criminals, wouldn't that eliminate their ability to get a CCW permit?

If I'm reading your comment right, you actually believe that gang members will be applying for carry permits.

2013-07-10 8:21 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by DanielG
Originally posted by Jackemy1 Did you check out the link on the right side of the article you linked? http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/homicidesJust insane that the criminals can now conceal carry.
A few questions come to mind What, exactly, do you mean "can now conceal carry"? Criminals have always been doing that. If they're criminals, wouldn't that eliminate their ability to get a CCW permit? If I'm reading your comment right, you actually believe that gang members will be applying for carry permits.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he was being sarcastic. 

2013-07-10 8:34 AM

User image

Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by Jackemy1 Did you check out the link on the right side of the article you linked? http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/homicidesJust insane that the criminals can now conceal carry.
A few questions come to mind What, exactly, do you mean "can now conceal carry"? Criminals have always been doing that. If they're criminals, wouldn't that eliminate their ability to get a CCW permit? If I'm reading your comment right, you actually believe that gang members will be applying for carry permits.

Okay. Rather often I don't catch sarcasm in text so it wouldn't surprise me.

What surprises me is when people give the same sky is falling predictions as have been given for the past 40 years about a state passing a CCW law and ignoring the fact that none of the predictions come true anywhere else. That befuddles me.

2013-07-10 9:21 AM

User image

I think that was a tree trunk...and not a limb.

The juxtaposition of the article including the statements of Gov. Quinn with the link to the Chicago body count is surreal in its validation of the failure of progressive policies.
2013-07-10 10:25 AM
in reply to: Jackemy1

User image

The juxtaposition of the article including the statements of Gov. Quinn with the link to the Chicago body count is surreal in its validation of the failure of progressive policies.

Which is why your comments don't register as sarcasm. Too many actually believe them

2013-07-10 10:54 AM

User image

Which is why your comments don't register as sarcasm. Too many actually believe them

True....sigh.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Illinois is a shall-issue Concealed Carry state. Rss Feed  
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 29, 2012
author : sarals
comments : 0
Unforeseen challenges make for a compelling race.

date : September 16, 2010
author : LifterCatcher
comments : 3
As the fog cleared, the buoy that I first saw earlier in the morning was just the first marker in a very long line of buoys that stretched across the lake like a runway for a 747 jetliner.
date : November 12, 2008
author : AMSSM
On the long bike rides of 80+ miles I get very strong pain in my toes. I slow down my pace and I might recover, but when I hit the next hill it is back. Could this be some kind of circulation issue?

date : October 20, 2008
author : Nancy Clark
People who range from casual exercisers to competitive athletes are eating at the wrong times, choosing the wrong balance of carbohydrates, protein, and fat, and drinking too little fluids.
date : June 16, 2008
What are all these new funny-shaped saddles all about? Are they more comfortable than older designs? Will they keep me healthier so I can train on my bike longer? Should I change my saddle?

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : December 3, 2007
author : Team BT
comments : 1
Complete course preview of the New Jersey State triathlon featuring a Sprint and a Olympic distance race. Mark your calendars!

date : January 16, 2007
I suspect your nutrition and training program may have more to do with your symptoms than your Clydesdale classification.