General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Caesar Creek Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-10 9:08 AM

User image

Elite
Cleveland
Subject: Caesar Creek Triathlon

I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this, yet.

So, who else is in?

I'm driving down Saturday and staying at a hotel over in Wilmington, OH.  The weather forecast is HOT - like morning temps of 88 with a heat index of 100, high temps of 91/104.  Crazy hot and humid.

There is also a water quality advisory for the swim - E.Coli levels have been dangerously high for a while.  I'm hoping that the rain lets up enough over the next few days for that to settle down.

2013-07-10 9:18 AM
in reply to: cgregg

Subject: RE: Caesar Creek Triathlon
I'm in! This will be my first full sprint race and really looking forward to it. I'm also hoping that the water condition improves. We should not have any more rain after today but dont know if that will help much. Good luck and have a great race!
2013-07-10 1:52 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Columbus, OH
My husband and I will be there for the sprint duathlon. First race on our new tri bikes so super excited about the bike leg and much less excited about the heat For anyone who has done it before, is any of the run on grass or is it all paved?

Edited by csikes 2013-07-10 1:53 PM
2013-07-10 4:38 PM
in reply to: csikes

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Well, it looks like all the rain is done for the next several days, at the least... so the bacteria counts should drop off pretty quickly.  I'd almost put money on them being perfectly fine by Sunday.

I'm in for the Olympic tri -- I'm not sure that I'm a fan of the hills on the bike course, hehe.  In any case, it's going to be fun to race!

2013-07-11 8:23 PM

User image

Dublin, OH
I'm in for the Olympic. Looks like it might not be that bad. High of 86. After my HIM in the heat and hills in Syracuse, I can deal with an Olympic with a high of 86.

Also appears as if they may change the swim start (per facebook):
"Just wrapped up operational meetings with Armco Park staff - couple changes on swim course (entering from boat dock & exiting from boat ramp) and one for the run so we can cross the Shaker Dam. Awesome park that is super excited about hosting the event."

Not sure what that means, but I'm always up for something new. Must be due to water levels.

-Kevin
2013-07-12 9:46 AM
in reply to: flanag

User image

Elite
Cleveland

I think the swim start change is for their next race - "Warren County Armco Park" in Lebanon, OH.

Cool, hope to see ya there!  Just remember to be slower than any guys wearing Team RWB gear ;-)

I'm going to have to have a stronger run than Deer Creek to hold you off this time!

2013-07-12 4:17 PM

Does anyone know if you can still register on Saturday for the sprint on Sunday?
2013-07-12 4:27 PM

User image

Dublin, OH
I guess I missed that. Something had me thinking that Armco was some company that HFP subbed out to.

Anyway, if you beat me off the bike, I'll be sure to draft off you on the run for a little bit.

My legs aren't fully recovered from my race 3 weeks ago, so a stellar run from me is probably not in the cards. I'm making excuses already.

See you Sunday!

-Kevin
2013-07-12 4:41 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by JLH79 Does anyone know if you can still register on Saturday for the sprint on Sunday?

I don't know.

I think I saw something posted today on Facebook talking about them allowing registrations for Team RWB members, and *possibly* the general public, because apparently some other race has been cancelled due to high water conditions.

Edit to add:   I've confirmed that they are allowing registrations for Team RWB folks at Caesar Creek - just get there early if you have yet to register.  They *may* open it up to the general public, and they are working on getting something up on their site, but being that they are already on-site, that may not happen quickly.

If you're not a member of Team RWB and want to join a great organization dedicated to helping America's veterans, head over to www.teamrwb.org and join up!

Edited by cgregg 2013-07-12 4:48 PM
2013-07-12 6:46 PM

Thanks Chris. I am hoping I don't drive down there for nothing!!! Does anyone know the water temp?
2013-07-15 10:19 AM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by flanag  Anyway, if you beat me off the bike

...so much for that, lol!

You passed me that one last time on the bike and I never saw you again until we passed on the run - by which point I was completely smoked, hehe.  Great work out there, yesterday!  That's the kind of biking I'd like to be able to do... freaking hills, I can't climb for anything.

I think you beat me by a full 10 minutes - I finished in 2:34:xx

2013-07-15 2:45 PM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

p.s.  Congrats on the podium, Kevin!

I just saw the official results... nicely done!

2013-07-16 7:40 AM

User image

Dublin, OH
Thanks Chris!

Not a bad race. That run wreaked havoc on my ankles, but I pushed through the pain and hear. Places 3, 4, and 5 in our age group were within 50 seconds of each other. I am happy to be at the front of that pack for once. Transition times (my best event) are what moved me into 3rd instead of 4th.

You had a great swim, I was surprised to catch up to you that soon on the bike. Like me, the run was the destroyer of an otherwise good day. The heat and the terrain made that a pretty tough 10K.

Good meeting you finally! See you at Cedar Point and hope you can stay healthy training for B2B.

-Kevin

2013-07-16 9:34 AM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

I was shocked to see my time for the swim.  I have no clue where the heck that came from.

The bike is, by far, my weakest event even though I do seem to keep getting faster at it... but, it was a pretty fast bike course, I thought.  It felt like we had LOTS of tailwinds helping most of the time.  If I could get fit to the point where I can handle hills like you do, I'd be doing alright

Good to finally meet you as well, and see you at Cedar Point!

Any chance you're doing Giant Eagle or the Cleveland Tri?

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Caesar Creek Triathlon Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Caesar Creek Triathlon - Olympic Course : Official Thread Pages: 1 2

Started by cgregg
Views: 5285 Posts: 39

2012-07-23 11:04 AM cgregg

Caesar Creek International Triathlon : Official Thread

Started by bananatoes
Views: 1924 Posts: 9

2009-07-05 6:36 PM dtjunkie

Caesar Creek Sprint Triathlon : Official Thread

Started by SweetJLee
Views: 3589 Posts: 11

2009-04-11 11:19 PM lovesreading

Caesar's Creek water temps early June

Started by EABonney
Views: 2017 Posts: 13

2008-05-26 9:49 PM wab45069

Caesar Creek Tia and Du

Started by chrisrunzs26
Views: 965 Posts: 6

2007-07-09 1:38 PM wsm9363
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 26, 2012
author : dantheman1123
comments : 1
My first triathlon was at age 56. At first I was just the cameraman at my daughter's first triathlon, then I am doing the races that she has done.

date : January 25, 2012
author : trmat79
comments : 1
The next thing you know it is time for bed and another workout day has passed. This is where the heart comes in.
date : November 29, 2011
author : trmat79
comments : 2
A story about the motivation to overcome everyday challenges

date : October 4, 2011
author : MikeyT1298
comments : 6
First time triathlete conquers swim struggle and finishes at the front of the pack
date : August 8, 2011
author : Gina60
comments : 16
I can't run a seven-minute mile anymore, but that doesn't take away from the joy of finishing

date : June 27, 2011
author : pyroman1_1
comments : 3
Lake Havasu Tri 3/19/2011
date : May 26, 2011
author : gdsemiller
comments : 14
Towards the end of December 2010 both my daughter and son came up to me and said “Daddy we want you to get healthy and not die."

date : April 27, 2011
author : brumby11
comments : 5
An impending baby inspires a father to become fit, along the way discovering world of triathlon