General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Rental in Phoenix Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-11 10:56 AM

User image

Shawnee, KS
Subject: Bike Rental in Phoenix
Considering coming to Tempe from KC to do the LifeTime Tri in September. Trying to decide if I want to travel with my bike vs. renting.

Are there any LBS that rent decent Tribikes. I will likely bring my own race wheels.

2013-07-11 2:50 PM
in reply to: Ranski

User image

Expert
Casa Grande
Subject: RE: Bike Rental in Phoenix
As a Shawnee Mission Northwest Grad living near phoenix, I am qualified to say.....either way. There are shops, but i have flown my bike back for IMKS and depending on airline, its not really a big deal. For me personally, I would bring my bike. BTW, that race is fun but will still be quite warm for you to come out for. Be ready for the heat. It is a great race though and the Lifetime/Red Rock guys put on a great event.

I will be there doing the Oly again.
2013-07-15 5:22 PM
in reply to: jclarke450

User image

Shawnee, KS
Thanks for the reply. I am leaning towards bringing the bike but wanted to explore all options.

Good to hear the the LT/Red Rock folks put on a good race.

SO what would be typical race day temps?
2013-07-15 8:22 PM

Scottsdale, AZ
I know you said you wanted a tri bike - but Arizona Outback Adventures rents nice road bikes - just fyi:
http://www.aoa-adventures.com

Nathan's/Lifetime tri in Sept is my favorite race...I do it every year - they put on a fantastic race!

Temps are usually still pretty hot that time of year...the swim is almost always not legal for wetsuits, but the mornings are nice.
I always remember how hot the run is...and that last lap of the Olympic along the north side of the lake (by the freeway) has been named the "location of Hell" by many a triathlete on this forum :-). Probably high 80's/low 90's - one year it was 96 degrees - but it's a dry heat LOL!

2013-07-16 3:25 PM

User image

Phoenix AZ
Originally posted by Ranski

Considering coming to Tempe from KC to do the LifeTime Tri in September. Trying to decide if I want to travel with my bike vs. renting.

Are there any LBS that rent decent Tribikes. I will likely bring my own race wheels.

Tri Sports in Tucson rents road and triathlon bikes, but that is close to a two-hour drive from Tempe. If their Tempe location were still around, that would have been ideal for you. Know of a few shops that rent road and MTB, but not aware of any that rent tri bikes.
2013-11-23 12:42 PM

Global Bikes just started selling rental bikes with a website called http://www.azbikerentals.com/. They have a variety of road, mountain, and comfort with name brands such as Specialized and Raleigh.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Rental in Phoenix Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Mtn Biking vs Road biking in Phoenix,

Started by alehr2
Views: 1025 Posts: 4

2012-03-05 12:45 AM ThomasGerlach ProTri

Biking in Phoenix area

Started by Kickback
Views: 1250 Posts: 5

2010-12-26 3:32 PM aztimm

Bike Lanes In Phoenix

Started by Adam0778
Views: 3071 Posts: 5

2010-06-22 10:56 PM Adam0778

Renting a Road bike in Phoenix?

Started by sbr7
Views: 629 Posts: 2

2009-01-15 8:03 AM runspingirl

Wetsuit rentals in Phoenix

Started by triguyfitz
Views: 7518 Posts: 9

2011-03-26 7:52 AM TripleSports.com
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 6, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
A Walmart bike, a borrowed road bike or a new carbon fiber bike? You don't need to break the bank for your first triathlon bike.

date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."
date : June 29, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Second in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries

date : April 12, 2011
comments : 0
How should I be shifting gears on the front chainring and the rear cogs to cope with hills?
date : December 27, 2008
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.

date : August 5, 2008
author : mrakes1
Are you traveling to a race and need to ship your bike? This video will demonstrate how to disassemble your bike to be able to pack it properly in a bike case for shipping.
date : March 6, 2007
author : sportfactory
Bike upgrades to gain speed: better wheelsets, a tri-bike, road bike with aerobars, even getting rid of those love handles before getting that lighter bike.

date : July 30, 2006
author : Valdora Cycles
comments : 8
The triathlon bike vs. road bike quandary. Before you even ask the road bike vs. tri bike question, you should have a couple sprint triathlons or duathlons under your belt.