General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Thule Bike Rack seems loose Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-12 2:37 PM

User image

Subject: Thule Bike Rack seems loose
I just installed a Thule Vertex bike rack (It's the hitch type) on my Honda Fit (you'd think I wouldn't need a rack on a Honda FIT) . The connection to the hitch fits securely, however there is 1 - 2 inches of play where the "stinger" meets the bottom of the mast.

Thule's response is "There is play engineered into the carrier so it is not completely rigid, as that could damage the bikes and/or carrier."

It seems weird to me that there would be play, especially because it would rattle. I'd like to know what anyone else's thoughts or experiences are with this 1 - 2 inches of play issue.

Thanks,

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Thule Bike Rack seems loose Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Bike rack - Thule helium / Yakima highlight?

Started by Pschaff
Views: 1087 Posts: 2

2012-03-02 8:32 AM navbtcret

Thule Prologue Pack roof top bike rack

Started by rgretsof
Views: 1490 Posts: 2

2009-10-06 7:06 PM rgretsof

Road Bike Seems "Loose"

Started by weedenft
Views: 578 Posts: 4

2007-11-26 1:17 PM NateC

Thule Roof Rack

Started by StevanP
Views: 638 Posts: 4

2007-04-09 10:33 AM VanCityJ

20% off Thule Bike Racks & REI Spring Sale

Started by Sharkie
Views: 2187 Posts: 1

2004-04-16 4:24 PM Lara
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : June 29, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Second in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries
date : June 1, 2009
author : EnduranceFilms
comments : 1
This video will show the basics of triathlon transitions including setup and how to use the space efficiently as possible to minimize wasted time.

date : December 27, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.
date : August 5, 2008
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Are you traveling to a race and need to ship your bike? This video will demonstrate how to disassemble your bike to be able to pack it properly in a bike case for shipping.

date : September 24, 2007
author : mrakes1
Discussions on salt tablets, AM workout nutrition, coffee, post workout nutrition, whey powder, recovery nutrition, losing weight, Recoverite usage, the necessity of sugars and snack ideas.
date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
The transition area gets busy real fast!

date : November 14, 2004
author : eclaire
Newbie blunders teach the mind to overcome the moment, and always have fun!