General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pools in midtown NYC Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-16 4:51 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cold Spring, NY
Subject: Pools in midtown NYC
My apologies if this has been asked/answered, but I can't seem to search in the new site. I'm looking for a pool or gym with a pool in midtown. I see that NYSC has an 18 yd pool in times square and I plan on checking it out. I'd prefer 25 yds or more with defined lap lanes, but will take what I can't get. I work at 48th and park so I can't make it to Chelsea or the Chinatown Y and consider it a reasonable "long lunch".

any ideas BT?

2013-07-17 8:32 AM
in reply to: bdenehy

User image

New user
Subject: RE: Pools in midtown NYC
This is something I have really researched, just because I love swimming so much and really hate bad pools! I finally found Manhattan Plaza Health Club. It's 25 yards, pretty wide lanes, and it usually doesn't get too crowded. There's also a retractable roof, so you can get some sun on nice days. It's on 43rd and 10th.

Michele
2013-07-24 8:10 PM
in reply to: mnbrickx

User image

New York
The Equinox at Columbus circle has a 25 yard pool that should be pretty empty during lunch hours. Gets very crowded right after work though.
2013-07-24 10:41 PM

User image

Veteran
New York, NY
Not quite midtown but NYC Recreation Center in Chelsea is 25 yards if I recall correctly. John Jay has a 25 yard pool as well.
2013-07-25 4:19 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cold Spring, NY
Originally posted by mnbrickx

This is something I have really researched, just because I love swimming so much and really hate bad pools! I finally found Manhattan Plaza Health Club. It's 25 yards, pretty wide lanes, and it usually doesn't get too crowded. There's also a retractable roof, so you can get some sun on nice days. It's on 43rd and 10th.

Michele

Thanks Michele (and everyone else) I joined MPHC and this seems to be a good solution for me. Plenty of room to swim and there is a Citibike dock right outside, so getting across town isn't such a chore, just a nice warmup, at least until the weather gets bad.
2013-07-25 12:00 PM

User image

New user
Nice! I guess I'll see you around the pool

2013-08-01 12:56 PM

Hey idk if anyones mentioned but Lehman college in Bronx has a pretty nice olympic sized pool.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pools in midtown NYC Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

NYC pools and masters

Started by TriToy
Views: 1638 Posts: 5

2010-08-27 3:10 PM Pamplemousse

Swimming in Midtown?

Started by TriCompetitor
Views: 1416 Posts: 4

2009-06-03 7:56 AM TriCompetitor

Masters Swim in NYC / Pool while Im traveling

Started by TexTriGuy
Views: 1536 Posts: 3

2009-05-14 7:19 PM RtisticFX

NYC Public Pool?

Started by coloradoclimber
Views: 1377 Posts: 4

2006-09-21 5:57 PM Rmaldon240

2006 NYC Triathlon

Started by Rmaldon240
Views: 1398 Posts: 8

2006-05-20 12:58 PM ezl
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 11, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 6
I just finished the NYC marathon on Sunday and I think I'm going to venture into triathlons. I am doing an Olympic distance and I want to do a 70.3 next year too. Any advice?

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : June 5, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 8
When I swim I struggle to get a full breath and consequently run down faster. I spend part of my training on the side of the pool gasping for air.

date : March 5, 2006
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Most of us belong to groups and there will always be pressure to keep up. It may be underlying or it may be outright, but no doubt, that pressure to go faster is always there.
date : September 3, 2005
author : joeinco
comments : 6
As a triathlete, there is one acronym that you just can’t fathom ever having next to your name in a race report – DNF: DID NOT FINISH.

date : June 14, 2005
author : marmadaddy
comments : 17
Once you caught your breath, it occurred to you that finishing even a short triathlon might be harder than you thought. After a few "laps" you thought, "I can't believe I'm so out of shape."
date : October 10, 2004
author : Team BT
The ONLY way to compete in my first triathlon was to do it on my BMX. I’m no professional—nor do I aspire to be one, I just want to be fit and healthy.

date : October 3, 2004
author : adumey
One of my fears, besides the radioactive material content of the Hudson River, was the water temperature. I found the water was much warmer as I inched closer to the holding dock.