General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Who's doing the Tri-ing for Childrens Tri next weekend? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-21 7:47 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Minnesota
Subject: Who's doing the Tri-ing for Childrens Tri next weekend?
Wife and I are planning on it but I haven't decided if I'm doing the spring or oly yet. Wife tripped on a stuck up board yesterday during a 5K race and her knee's bruised up pretty bad so we're hoping she's good to go by next weekend. Farthest I've swam this year is 1/2 mile so that's the one concern I have. Also, I'm not a big fan of the "two loops" that the swim and bike do. I've always liked an "out and back" much more. Anyone done the oly here? I did the spring last year and thought it was a good race. Who else is in?

2013-07-21 2:35 PM
in reply to: lakelandsledder

Master
Northern IL
Subject: RE: Who's doing the Tri-ing for Childrens Tri next weekend?
For the swim, they don't really have a choice as it takes pretty much the whole lake to fit in one of those loops. On the bike, the section to repeat is smaller than one might think at first. I like one big loop, but this does work alright here. It's not a highly populated event, so crowding hasn't been an issue. Bit of weaving on the run if you catch up to the sprint crew, but there is always space to go. Just have to pay a little more attention than one might do otherwise. It's a nice course if you want to put up a fast time.
2013-07-21 4:46 PM

User image

Veteran
Waukesha, WI
I'm in for the sprint this time, I did the oly in 2010. I would say if you're looking for a little push sign up for the oly, if you're looking to have fun and be done quick n easy, do the sprint. Both are good races.
2013-07-25 8:37 AM

User image

Expert
Menomonee Falls, WI
Online signup closed last night and I signed up yesterday for the sprint just for giggles.  I am excited because it gives me a reason to drive out to the Delafield Brewhaus tomorrow and have a beer while picking up my packet - BONUS!
2013-07-26 6:28 PM
in reply to: sbsmann

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Minnesota
Wife and I are heading down tomorrow and will have dinner there! That's one of my favorite places to eat down that way! Still haven't decided if I will do the sprint or the ly though. Weather looks decent but a little on the cool side.
2013-07-28 2:29 PM

Master
Northern IL
Glad the rain held off, still a bit cold (50's in July??), but nothing bad. Bike was tough this year. Lost near 3 1/2 minutes from last on the Oly inspite of higher power output, and a bit more from a mechanical. Swim improvements made up for most all of that and had basically the same run.

2013-07-28 5:52 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Minnesota
Ya, the weather was weird to say the least.....Started out sunny then clouded up. At least the rain held off for the most part. I didn't get cold on the bike which I was worried about. I debated on doing the oly but with my SI joint I opted for the sprint. I don't care for multiple loop race distances and this one had it for all three legs. I PR'd on the swim and regained my confidence over my last tri. The bike was HARD. Must of had a head wind to start with because I couldn't do much past 19 for the first half. Second half I was able to hit 21 so it averaged out ok for me. Run I was respectable for me and kept the time down as much as I could. I didn't sign up till this morning so I was racked at the second to last rack in the sand and dirt. Made transitions hard. Fun time overall!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Who's doing the Tri-ing for Childrens Tri next weekend? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Who's doing Triing for Childrens?

Started by sgoehner
Views: 1494 Posts: 9

2012-06-25 8:35 AM brigby1

Tri-ing for childrens Pages: 1 2

Started by djdavey
Views: 3735 Posts: 46

2010-07-27 3:22 PM tripletmom01

Tri-ing for Childrens!!!

Started by pjgrande
Views: 1237 Posts: 16

2009-07-28 4:10 PM J_Cow

Anyone done Tri-ing for Children??

Started by SSMinnow
Views: 794 Posts: 9

2009-02-26 10:29 AM kimk

Tri-ing for Childrens Recap

Started by dkaho64
Views: 1011 Posts: 16

2008-08-06 11:55 AM pjgrande
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 13, 2008
author : eschmits
comments : 2
After I left the running store, I couldn't stop thinking about the sprint tri and how much of a challenge it would be for me. So instead of joining a gym, I started riding my bike and it felt great.

date : February 5, 2008
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
A product review of the Louis Garneau Tri Air Triathlon Shoe. After nearly two years of testing, see how this shoe performed. Currently being replaced by the Tri Air 2.
date : January 1, 2008
author : agrace
comments : 4
I couldn’t help but feel that the race had beaten me. Perhaps duathlons were more for me? No, I was more determined than ever to succeed. I was determined to get on top of my swimming.

date : June 11, 2007
author : MegL
comments : 2
So someone convinced you to get off the couch and truck-it to the finish line. Now what? Here's a look at the process from admiring others to inspiring others.
date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
comments : 0
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.

date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.
date : November 27, 2005
author : spetremears
9 weeks after my first bike ride, 5 months after my first swim and 13 months after my surgery I entered the Nelson week Tri a Tri !

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.