General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trackable tri watch Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-23 3:06 PM

User image

Subject: Trackable tri watch
I am doing Ironman Louisville in 5 weeks. I am looking for a way for my family and friends to locate me on the course.

Is there a GPS watch that is trackable? I have searched for one but have been unable to find one.

What about My Athlete Live? This is a product you can rent via the Internet. Anyone have any experience with this product?

Is there something I'm not thinking of?

Thanks

2013-07-24 2:05 PM
in reply to: Calvin386

User image

Conroe,Tx
Subject: RE: Trackable tri watch
http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-GTU-GPS-Tracking-Unit/dp/B004HFRA7A

not a watch, but another gizmo. There are also some other Rentable athlete trackers out there.
2013-07-25 12:00 PM
in reply to: Calvin386

User image

New user
Originally posted by Calvin386

I am doing Ironman Louisville in 5 weeks. I am looking for a way for my family and friends to locate me on the course.

Is there a GPS watch that is trackable? I have searched for one but have been unable to find one.

What about My Athlete Live? This is a product you can rent via the Internet. Anyone have any experience with this product?

Is there something I'm not thinking of?

Thanks

I will be using MyAthleteLive tracker. Never used it before, but have heard from others that it's worth it if you have people following you on course. I will also sign up for IronTrac, which is a $.99 app on the iPhone, but it uses the timing mats from Ironman and is only as good as the amount of data input. A GPS tracker I think will be much better. The information on the MyAthleteLive website is extremely informative. IM Louisville will be my first full....can't believe it's almost here! Woo hoo!
2013-07-25 2:52 PM
in reply to: rquinn23

User image

Extreme Veteran
I used MyAthlete Live (gps device). You HAVE to get it. Friends family can track real time and get ETAs based off your location and where they are if they download the phone app. Folks at home can track on computer.

My wife did not have to guess where I was. She just popped up at different locations of the course. Very nice to see her at random spots.
2013-07-25 4:34 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Cloverdale, BC

I thought live tracking violated USAT rules?

see: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp... .

Edited by ultramike 2013-07-25 4:37 PM
2013-07-29 11:29 AM
in reply to: ultramike

User image

Expert
Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa.

MyAthleteLive looks like what I will do for IMAZ.  It's funny though, this does not appear to be a violation of any of the rules.  It's not a cell phone, but a GPS transmitter that sends out location, speed, distance covered, ETA, etc.  No HR information or Power either... from what I can tell. 

There is a cost associated to it.  I think it's about $40 per week with some bundles for a month / year, etc. 

I wonder if USAT is a part owner of MyAthleteLive?  I doubt it but I will let the conspiracy theorist in me show it's ugly face..... 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trackable tri watch Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

IMCDA watching thread! Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Started by JeepFleeb
Views: 6855 Posts: 134

2007-06-27 9:47 AM kenaxford

Watch Me Finish IMFL

Started by Manatee Express
Views: 884 Posts: 2

2006-11-08 8:32 PM joannh13

Watch Me Finish - When???

Started by joannh13
Views: 1268 Posts: 14

2006-11-15 9:01 AM hawkrca

You have to watch the guy about to finish-Scott Johnson

Started by oceanannie
Views: 1303 Posts: 3

2006-11-14 3:52 PM donpett

Question After Watching Kona Coverage Pages: 1 2

Started by rollinsw
Views: 4435 Posts: 47

2005-11-23 11:31 AM Ken
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 13, 2010
author : kcowart
comments : 11
I have always been an athlete, growing up playing team sports like basketball and soccer. I also ran in a couple of 10K races every year, so I had no reason to worry about running a 5K...right?

date : August 13, 2008
author : eschmits
comments : 2
After I left the running store, I couldn't stop thinking about the sprint tri and how much of a challenge it would be for me. So instead of joining a gym, I started riding my bike and it felt great.
date : February 5, 2008
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
A product review of the Louis Garneau Tri Air Triathlon Shoe. After nearly two years of testing, see how this shoe performed. Currently being replaced by the Tri Air 2.

date : January 1, 2008
author : agrace
comments : 4
I couldn’t help but feel that the race had beaten me. Perhaps duathlons were more for me? No, I was more determined than ever to succeed. I was determined to get on top of my swimming.
date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
comments : 0
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.

date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.
date : November 27, 2005
author : spetremears
9 weeks after my first bike ride, 5 months after my first swim and 13 months after my surgery I entered the Nelson week Tri a Tri !

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.