Other Resources The Political Joe » Anthony Weiner Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2013-07-24 11:19 AM

User image

Elite
Boise
Subject: Anthony Weiner
First off, everyone needs to see this picture (attached).

Second, who votes for this guy? He has clearly shown that he is not capable of leading anyone or anything.

(images (1).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
images (1).jpg (9KB - 9 downloads)

2013-07-24 11:22 AM
in reply to: JoshR

User image

Subject: RE: Anthony Weiner
Originally posted by JoshR

Second, who votes for this guy?

Democrats, apparently.

2013-07-24 11:46 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas
2013-07-24 11:58 AM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Elite
The fact this guy is running, and aheaed right now, so you exactly what is wrong with this country. It's great fun to rant and rave about politicians... but America has the exact government they voted for. At some point, somebody has to look in the mirror.
2013-07-24 12:09 PM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

I keep shaking my head in disbelief at this guy and Spitzer both. How arrogant and narcissistic that you would think people should/would vote for you when you are proven to be such a d-bag. I can only think of two possibilities.

1. Voters are dumb and they deserve what they get.

2. It really is all about the money and voter fraud. You have to wonder who is backing these guys. I don't imagine you run for office in New York on a personal budget and yard signs. Who is telling these guys they should run and supporting their campaign? 

Or I suppose it could be a combination of the two that if you have enough money it is not hard to get dumb voters to vote for you. Who knows.

2013-07-24 12:49 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Originally posted by powerman The fact this guy is running, and aheaed right now, so you exactly what is wrong with this country. It's great fun to rant and rave about politicians... but America has the exact government they voted for. At some point, somebody has to look in the mirror.
EXACTLY this ^ ^^

As easy as it is to make this a Republican v. Democrat v. Tea Party issue; it's NOT.   We elect DBs to represent us and then scratch our heads when they act like DBs.  And this cycle goes on.....and on.....and on................

2013-07-24 1:01 PM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Expert
Highlands Ranch, CO
Originally posted by jeffnboise

Originally posted by powerman The fact this guy is running, and aheaed right now, so you exactly what is wrong with this country. It's great fun to rant and rave about politicians... but America has the exact government they voted for. At some point, somebody has to look in the mirror.
EXACTLY this ^ ^^

As easy as it is to make this a Republican v. Democrat v. Tea Party issue; it's NOT.   We elect DBs to represent us and then scratch our heads when they act like DBs.  And this cycle goes on.....and on.....and on................

Exactly! The same people voting for Weiner are the same who voted for the morally strong, Christian Republican Mark Sanford.
2013-07-24 1:28 PM
in reply to: sbreaux

User image

Veteran
Elmira, ON
Why not put moral behaviours aside and vote on whats important to your homeland?

Vote on economic policies, on long term investment and economic development. This is the meat and potato's of a country. Everything else falls into place after you can pay for it....

Moral high ground is useless if you have no money and are bankrupt...in fact..thats when you don't necessarily have the luxury of morals and they become fleeting....

If you hate the guy because he's a pervert fine. If you vote against or for him because of it...I think you've missed the point of an elected official. What is his economic platform and what is he going to do for you and your country.....

2013-07-24 1:43 PM
in reply to: TheCrownsOwn

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

Originally posted by TheCrownsOwn Why not put moral behaviours aside and vote on whats important to your homeland? Vote on economic policies, on long term investment and economic development. This is the meat and potato's of a country. Everything else falls into place after you can pay for it.... Moral high ground is useless if you have no money and are bankrupt...in fact..thats when you don't necessarily have the luxury of morals and they become fleeting.... If you hate the guy because he's a pervert fine. If you vote against or for him because of it...I think you've missed the point of an elected official. What is his economic platform and what is he going to do for you and your country.....

I don't think the issue is so much that he is a perv. I think the issue is how he handled himself and the situation. He very adamantly insisted that none of it was true, it was a hoax, he was set up. Then when he got backed far enough into a corner he finally admitted the truth.

It would be one thing to be honest and say yes I like sending pics of my junk on twitter. It is another to spend weeks bold faced lying on TV. Goes to his character. Hard to vote for a guy that will lie to your face, how are you gonna know what he is going to do for you and your country when he is so comfortable with lying? 

2013-07-24 1:51 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Aarondb4

Originally posted by TheCrownsOwn Why not put moral behaviours aside and vote on whats important to your homeland? Vote on economic policies, on long term investment and economic development. This is the meat and potato's of a country. Everything else falls into place after you can pay for it.... Moral high ground is useless if you have no money and are bankrupt...in fact..thats when you don't necessarily have the luxury of morals and they become fleeting.... If you hate the guy because he's a pervert fine. If you vote against or for him because of it...I think you've missed the point of an elected official. What is his economic platform and what is he going to do for you and your country.....

I don't think the issue is so much that he is a perv. I think the issue is how he handled himself and the situation. He very adamantly insisted that none of it was true, it was a hoax, he was set up. Then when he got backed far enough into a corner he finally admitted the truth.

It would be one thing to be honest and say yes I like sending pics of my junk on twitter. It is another to spend weeks bold faced lying on TV. Goes to his character. Hard to vote for a guy that will lie to your face, how are you gonna know what he is going to do for you and your country when he is so comfortable with lying? 

I guess I kinda feel at this point that they're all self-serving liars. He was just really, really dumb. Really, it's not that hard. Don't send pics of your junk. Don't send lewd texts to congressional pages. Don't get blown in the oval office by a twit. And the like.

Edited by switch 2013-07-24 1:52 PM
2013-07-24 2:22 PM
in reply to: Aarondb4

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Well I could actually forgive him for what he did. I would almost expect anyone to react the same way. Is it ideal? no but I think it is realistic. Porbably would been a good excuse for anyone other than a congressman or senator. If Everyone's dirty laundry or even people's questionable ethical dealings came out I am sure he would be a non issue.

If you are talking Eliot Spitzer well I have a hard time time with people going after people for doing the same thing he was doing.

Mark Sandford another person I have a hard time forgiving because of his misuse of public funds. That is a clear violation of the public trust.

2013-07-24 2:26 PM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Champion
Chicago
2013-07-24 2:40 PM

User image

Elite

Missed the point of elected officials???? What, you mean like, honesty, integrity, accountability. Ya, how silly all that stuff is. His  economic platform is what is really important. Frown

How in the heck does a platform matter when you can't trust a word out of his mouth?

2013-07-24 3:15 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho
Originally posted by powerman

Missed the point of elected officials???? What, you mean like, honesty, integrity, accountability. Ya, how silly all that stuff is. His  economic platform is what is really important. Frown

How in the heck does a platform matter when you can't trust a word out of his mouth?

Thanks for responding here.  I'm having a shi* day and couldn't muster up all the mental resources to answer that statement without including a 'head slap'.  "Elected Official....honesty, integrity, accountability"  Sadly, those words are never used in the same sentenance anymore.

2013-07-24 3:28 PM

User image

Pro
The dude's name is Weiner for chirssssakes ......it's destiny.  Let it go.

Edited by Left Brain 2013-07-24 3:28 PM
2013-07-24 3:41 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by Left Brain The dude's name is Weiner for chirssssakes ......it's destiny.  Let it go.

<coughBoehnercough>

2013-07-24 4:01 PM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas
After seeing the Weiner - Holder picture, I thought of all of the possibilities just with the current House Democrats:  Weiner-Cook, Weiner-Chu, Weiner-Lynch, Weiner-Slaughter, Weiner-Rush, and my favorite, Wiener-Cleaver.
2013-07-24 4:52 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Elite
Boise
Originally posted by Hook'em

After seeing the Weiner - Holder picture, I thought of all of the possibilities just with the current House Democrats:  Weiner-Cook, Weiner-Chu, Weiner-Lynch, Weiner-Slaughter, Weiner-Rush, and my favorite, Wiener-Cleaver.

None of which compare to Weiner-Holder. Don't forget about Jeb either! Weiner-Bush.
2013-07-24 7:42 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Hook'em

None of which compare to Weiner-Holder. Don't forget about Jeb either! Weiner-Bush.

Didn't we already elect Bush and Dick?
2013-07-24 8:35 PM

User image

Originally posted by Hook'em After seeing the Weiner - Holder picture, I thought of all of the possibilities just with the current House Democrats:  Weiner-Cook, Weiner-Chu, Weiner-Lynch, Weiner-Slaughter, Weiner-Rush, and my favorite, Wiener-Cleaver.

I didn't even go with the republicans - lots of possibilities there.

2013-07-25 8:49 AM

User image

Veteran
Elmira, ON

If you think you can trust any politician on moral grounds, I'm afraid your in for a life of disappointment. I don't want to sound like honesty and integrity are not important traits....they are. The reality, whether distasteful or not, is that elected officials are there to run government and inact legislation for the better of it's people. There morality is moot. Holding up politicians on a pedestal is just a recipe for disappointment over and over again.

I would trade fiscal responsibility and getting the books in order any day of the week for a moron who wears a tie, and doesn't text and drive, politically correct, eats his vitamins and says his prayers...

All you can do is hold them accountable for what they promise to do with your vote. If they don't follow through, you don't vote for them. If we continue to vote for our elected officials in the "court of public opinion..." well.....Detroit is just the tip of the ice berg...

Its time to start looking at the cold hard truth. Money talks, and b.s. walks. If by chance you get a politician who is economically responsible and (lol) also has integrity...great...but the latter should not be essential to the first.

2013-07-25 9:40 AM

User image

Originally posted by TheCrownsOwn

If you think you can trust any politician on moral grounds, I'm afraid your in for a life of disappointment. I don't want to sound like honesty and integrity are not important traits....they are. The reality, whether distasteful or not, is that elected officials are there to run government and inact legislation for the better of it's people. There morality is moot. Holding up politicians on a pedestal is just a recipe for disappointment over and over again. I would trade fiscal responsibility and getting the books in order any day of the week for a moron who wears a tie, and doesn't text and drive, politically correct, eats his vitamins and says his prayers... All you can do is hold them accountable for what they promise to do with your vote. If they don't follow through, you don't vote for them. If we continue to vote for our elected officials in the "court of public opinion..." well.....Detroit is just the tip of the ice berg... Its time to start looking at the cold hard truth. Money talks, and b.s. walks. If by chance you get a politician who is economically responsible and (lol) also has integrity...great...but the latter should not be essential to the first.

I assume you are speaking of a hypothetical fiscally responsible politician and not Weiner specifically.

2013-07-25 9:53 AM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

The sad thing is that politics is so disgustingly ugly that people who are truly qualified to run the government aren't applying for the job.

If I'm a successful business person and decide that I want to give back by running for office.  All of a sudden every sin I've had my life for the past 40 years becomes front page news across the land.  My wife and children are put under a microscope and every achievement I've ever had in life is question, minimized, and demeaned.

Yeah, I'll pass.

That doesn't even take into account any of the money or corruption in politics, I'm purely talking about good people not wanting to run for office.

2013-07-25 10:16 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by tuwood

The sad thing is that politics is so disgustingly ugly that people who are truly qualified to run the government aren't applying for the job.

If I'm a successful business person and decide that I want to give back by running for office.  All of a sudden every sin I've had my life for the past 40 years becomes front page news across the land.  My wife and children are put under a microscope and every achievement I've ever had in life is question, minimized, and demeaned.

Yeah, I'll pass.

That doesn't even take into account any of the money or corruption in politics, I'm purely talking about good people not wanting to run for office.

Tony, it's Nebraska, surely there are enough former Husker football players in town who've been forgiven for past transgressions and can now hold office.

Yes Weiner is an idiot. He is a repeat offender, which makes this tale amusing, and kind of sad. In this day and age of camera phones and facebook and instagram and other social media, though, how many politicians in the future will not have some photo of them doing something nefarious out there floating around for all the world to see? I think if he just owned up to it originally and said `Yeah, that's my c***. Who here hasn't taken a picture of their junk on their phones?' during the original scandal, he would've been OK. It's the lying that makes him a bad candidate.
2013-07-25 10:22 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by mr2tony
Originally posted by tuwood

Yeah, I'll pass.

Tony, it's Nebraska, surely there are enough former Husker football players in town who've been forgiven for past transgressions and can now hold office. :) Yes Weiner is an idiot. He is a repeat offender, which makes this tale amusing, and kind of sad. In this day and age of camera phones and facebook and instagram and other social media, though, how many politicians in the future will not have some photo of them doing something nefarious out there floating around for all the world to see? I think if he just owned up to it originally and said `Yeah, that's my c***. Who here hasn't taken a picture of their junk on their phones?' during the original scandal, he would've been OK. It's the lying that makes him a bad candidate.

I can't believe I'm gonna do this, but I agree with every, single thing Tony* just wrote. 

Everything except I don't think my husband has ever taken a picture of his junk with his phone; I could most certainly be wrong about that.

*ETA: Mr2Tony

Edited by switch 2013-07-25 10:23 AM
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Anthony Weiner Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 9, 2010
author : garyhallsr
comments : 2
Doug was one of the few swimming coaches who really appreciated how important swimming technique is and would spend as much or more time with his athletes making sure they got it right.

date : January 15, 2008
author : MLT1
comments : 4
The triathletes really inspired me. I watched them in awe as childlike thoughts went through my head like, "I want to do that!" But then reality set in. “Who are you kidding?