General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Will it fit? I dunno.... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-28 8:32 AM

Subject: Will it fit? I dunno....
I would like to buy a road bike after I have only had a tri bike (Fuji Aloha 1.0) for 2 years now. I saw the Felt F95 2012 for 600USD online but I am a little bit unsure whether its geometry will fit me. Unfortunately there is no opportunity to test ride any Felt bike around here (Sweden). It’s not that I have to get this Felt bike because of its race geometry or because it is Felt, as I will only be using it for training, but it is by far the best offer for a road bike with shimano sora.

From what I have heard about the FF95 being long and low it should theoretically not fit a person like me who has a short torso but very long legs. I am 6’2” with an inseam of 36.5”, but also long arms (fingertip to fingertip 6’4”). My current tri bike set up is not the most aggressive one, but at 160lbs I am quite lean and flexible, so the drop on the Felt F95 should not be the problem. Also, comparing stack and reach numbers of my tri bike and the FF95 (if you can make such comparison?), the FF95 actually seems shorter and more upright than my tri bike, on which I am very comfortable also when riding out of the aerobars.

From this data, is it possible to conclude that the FF95 will not be completely unfit for my body type? I am not concerned about the aestethics and effects on bike handling of replacing the stem with a shorter one, so that is also an option (went from 110mm to 90mm on my tri bike too). Is the Felt geometry really so aggressive that it generally will not fit most amateur athletes?

Thanks to anyone who make sense of all this

Max

2013-07-28 11:23 AM
in reply to: #4814927

User image

New user

Orlando
Subject: RE: Will it fit? I dunno....
I don't have any experience with Felt bikes, but from what I remember about FIST training, stack and reach are good comparisons between manufacturers.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Will it fit? I dunno.... Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Set up road bike fit like a tri bike fit

Started by jsiegs
Views: 3346 Posts: 16

2010-08-23 8:45 PM audiojan

Any Mentor Group willing to adopt me?

Started by hrliles
Views: 1087 Posts: 7

2010-01-08 3:26 PM trigods

Comparing Online Fit With Professional Fit

Started by jsselle
Views: 1377 Posts: 11

2009-09-21 1:41 AM audiojan

2D/3D Bike fit vs traditional fit

Started by TBriggs
Views: 1737 Posts: 2

2009-05-11 2:44 PM KathyG

spinner fit vs. roadie fit

Started by movingsouth
Views: 3192 Posts: 8

2009-03-31 10:35 PM KathyG
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 11, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
Motion capture technology with 2D and 3D analysis offers some powerful benefits compared to just a standard bike fit.

date : April 14, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
The bike fitters at Fit Werx talk about all the components of a triathlon bike fit and how it relates to aerodynamics and the individual.
date : March 7, 2007
author : KevinKonczak
Our regular USAT coach chat with lots of tips including discussions on Computrainers, bike fitting and position, triathlon and marathon training, Tim DeBoom lunges and nutrition.

date : February 12, 2007
author : Rich Strauss
Pay attention to details! Little things like body composition, bike fit, powermeter use and swim technique become big on the Varsity Team
date : January 1, 2006
author : browncd
Trials on getting a bike that fits while also being reliable

date : October 2, 2005
author : acbadger
I too was a beginner triathlete...and in many ways, I still am! 6 years ago, I was an overweight woman who considered herself relatively fit until I was told I should start running.
date : July 17, 2005
author : AMSSM
Proper Bicycle Fit and Treatment of Common Cycling-related Medical Problems

date : February 28, 2005
author : Don Magie
Whether your bike is new, new to you, or you have not been on the bike for a long time, you really should spend some time thinking about how your bike fits you.