General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Back from vacation - good news and bad news Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-07-06 12:46 PM

User image

Veteran
Philadelphia, PA
Subject: Back from vacation - good news and bad news
Finally back from Portugal. For all you soccer/football fans, Euro 2004 was excellent. Got to see over 10 games including England and France getting eliminated by the 2 finalists.

Really not in the mood to be productive at work so I figured I would spend some time catching up on what's been happening on this wonderful site.

Unfotunately, I got very little training in over the last 3 weeks. I brought my swim mask but the water was way too cold ( ~ 55) and the only running I did was to catch taxis.

And to make things worse, I injured my shoulder playing beach volleyball and fear I might have a pinched nerve.

Going to the doctors this week and hope that it won't keep me out of the water for too long.

The good news is that I was selected in the lottery for the NYC Marathon so now I will have to incorporate that into my training as well.

John

2004-07-06 1:55 PM
in reply to: #35563

User image

Expert
England
Subject: RE: Back from vacation - good news and bad news

Wish I could have been at the England game with you but doubt I could have survived the tension! We're still smarting over that ref's performance.......

Sorry to hear about the injury and fingers crossed it will quickly heal - at least it shouldn't affect your marathon training too badly.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Back from vacation - good news and bad news Rss Feed