Other Resources The Political Joe » Who could survive the media microscope? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

Who could survive the media microscope?
OptionResults
I have no skeletons.8 Votes - [34.78%]
I may have a few transgressions, but they're from the college years or befo5 Votes - [21.74%]
If someone started digging, I'd be screwed.10 Votes - [43.48%]

2013-07-31 8:11 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Subject: Who could survive the media microscope?
Kate proposed a poll like this, though she may just have been referencing the "junk pic" idea,  but the poll mechanism might be good to pose a bit more general question: if you were to run for office, what would the media microscope reveal about you?  Pretty sure polls are anonymous

2013-07-31 8:21 PM
in reply to: Guest

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Who could survive the media microscope?

I wouldn't last five minutes.

2013-07-31 8:22 PM
in reply to: jobaxas

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by jobaxas

Haha! Me either;)
2013-07-31 8:23 PM
in reply to: jobaxas

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

That's five minutes longer than me. 

2013-07-31 10:12 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Originally posted by switch

Haha! Me either

Polaroid,

Red Boots,

For Sale,,,,,,,,, maybe

2013-07-31 10:18 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Elite

No point in even filling out the paper work....

...but also, it's a little different for me today... because my skeletons are out. Maybe not on line, but I'm an open book in real life. So, while I do not think I could hold a public office, I have wondered if I put it all out there, could I win on merit or principles? Who knows?

With most this stuff, it is the secret stuff that get's exposed. And they want to keep it a secret for a reason... because nobody would vote/support them if they knew... duh. And with most today they put up this facade that they are some rightous person in some sort of way. Principled, strong charactor.... So that is the problem. It isn't so much what they do, it is what they do in secret while portraiting some false public image that brings them attention.

So... if I got up there and laid it all out and said feel free to take your shots if you have nothing better to do... but this is what I am going to do about our problems... could I get any support????

2013-08-01 6:02 AM
in reply to: crusevegas

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by crusevegas

Haha! Me either;)

Polaroid,

Red Boots,

For Sale,,,,,,,,, maybe :)

lol... that was high school Vegas, and it would be way down on the list; )
2013-08-01 6:09 AM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by powerman

...but also, it's a little different for me today... because my skeletons are out. Maybe not on line, but I'm an open book in real life. So, while I do not think I could hold a public office, I have wondered if I put it all out there, could I win on merit or principles? Who knows?

With most this stuff, it is the secret stuff that get's exposed. And they want to keep it a secret for a reason... because nobody would vote/support them if they knew... duh. And with most today they put up this facade that they are some rightous person in some sort of way. Principled, strong charactor.... So that is the problem. It isn't so much what they do, it is what they do in secret while portraiting some false public image that brings them attention.

So... if I got up there and laid it all out and said feel free to take your shots if you have nothing better to do... but this is what I am going to do about our problems... could I get any support????

I completely agree with what you've said here.  It would be so "refreshing" (sorry, it had to be said) to have a candidate lay it all out there like that and also not be a self-righteous db. 

I would vote for you powerman. 

Powerman! Powerman! Powerman!

2013-08-01 6:42 AM

User image

Elite

I completely agree with what you've said here.  It would be so "refreshing" (sorry, it had to be said) to have a candidate lay it all out there like that and also not be a self-righteous db. 

Easy.... I have not told you what I have done yet. Tongue out

2013-08-01 7:01 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Easy.... I have not told you what I have done yet. Tongue out

Well, I feel like I have a pretty good handle on your politics, and we've just kinda established that it doesn't really matter what you've done as long as you own it, so...

Btw, I wouldn't wish political office on my worst enemy.

2013-08-01 8:41 AM
in reply to: Guest

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
This reminds me of seeing the closing minutes of one of those entertainment shows that runs right before prime time starts.

The episode showed Brittney Spears getting into a car after leaving rehab. The hundreds of flash bulbs going off in her face was repulsive. I really wondered how can you maintain any level of sanity with that going on?

I try to make an effort not to visit entertainment news websites like TMZ because that just helps drive up their viewer count and advertising revenue.

My favorite celeb handling of the media is Matthew McConoughey (sp?). When he and Lance Armstrong first started hanging out together, a media type asked if they were gay lovers. His response: we tried it and didn't like it. I thought that was a great "FU" to the media.

2013-08-01 9:30 AM

User image

Elite
OK... well I have one. Laughing
2013-08-01 10:53 AM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
a lot of it depends though if your skeletons wants the fame and hoping for that pay day. Wiener says up to 10 girl (there for at least 10). One one has come forward. 9 (in theory) still have not come forward and probably not.
2013-08-01 11:37 AM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Pro

I couldn't care less who knows about the dumb crap I've done.....but I doubt I could get elected if you piled it all up.  Laughing

2013-08-01 12:15 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I would do all right unless they got some help from old "friends"...If some buddies wanted to turn state's evidence, or some girls saved up some smart phone gag photos?  I could have a rough go.

I left no paper trails or evidence.  All hearsay.

2013-08-01 12:23 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Originally posted by Kido

I would do all right unless they got some help from old "friends"...If some buddies wanted to turn state's evidence, or some girls saved up some smart phone gag photos?  I could have a rough go.

I left no paper trails or evidence.  All hearsay.

Which is good if your in a criminal court. Hearsay is big in the court of public opinion especially if any news articles about it spin it as being true. In a world were you have to convince voters its even worse. Even 1 lie about someone can make or break someone even if the truth comes out.

2013-08-01 12:51 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Me. I'm honest to goodness boring as hell.

As a teen, I'd be in bed by 10:00. My curfew was "monday morning before school" and I don't believe I spent the night away from home other than camp and such.

Edited by DanielG 2013-08-01 12:52 PM
2013-08-01 12:52 PM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Regular
LHOTP

I want to know who the 6 people are who have voted "no skeletons" :)

Really?  Nothing?

Chit, even Tuwood said he'd be out, and you got nothin?

2013-08-01 12:54 PM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by DanielG Me. I'm honest to goodness boring as hell. As a teen, I'd be in bed by 10:00. My curfew was "monday morning before school" and I don't believe I spent the night away from home other than camp and such.

YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn it, Daniel;)

Really?  Nothing?

2013-08-01 12:55 PM
in reply to: Hugh in TX

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by Hugh in TX This reminds me of seeing the closing minutes of one of those entertainment shows that runs right before prime time starts. The episode showed Brittney Spears getting into a car after leaving rehab. The hundreds of flash bulbs going off in her face was repulsive. I really wondered how can you maintain any level of sanity with that going on? I try to make an effort not to visit entertainment news websites like TMZ because that just helps drive up their viewer count and advertising revenue. My favorite celeb handling of the media is Matthew McConoughey (sp?). When he and Lance Armstrong first started hanging out together, a media type asked if they were gay lovers. His response: we tried it and didn't like it. I thought that was a great "FU" to the media.

Nice.

2013-08-01 12:58 PM

User image

Originally posted by DanielG Me. I'm honest to goodness boring as hell. As a teen, I'd be in bed by 10:00. My curfew was "monday morning before school" and I don't believe I spent the night away from home other than camp and such.

YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn it, Daniel

Really?  Nothing?

I'm the guy your mom wanted you to bring home. Seriously.

Then again, it helps with work when I go to security every time it's required.
We have one guy who has never even smoked pot (I have a couple times, in JrHS). Security never believes him and he ends up having to prove it

2013-08-01 1:01 PM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by DanielG

YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn it, Daniel;)

Really?  Nothing?

I'm the guy your mom wanted you to bring home. Seriously. Then again, it helps with work when I go to security every time it's required. We have one guy who has never even smoked pot (I have a couple times, in JrHS). Security never believes him and he ends up having to prove it :)

I know that people like you exist.  That there are some people who are just wired that way.  That's cool.  I just am not at all wired that way. 

And, yet, you smoked pot in JUNIOR high?  Say more about that.

2013-08-01 1:03 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I want to know who the 6 people are who have voted "no skeletons"

Really?  Nothing?

I have trouble deciding what's a skeleton or not.

2013-08-01 1:08 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Kido

I want to know who the 6 people are who have voted "no skeletons" :)

Really?  Nothing?

I have trouble deciding what's a skeleton or not.

Float one by us :)

2013-08-01 1:10 PM

User image

I know that people like you exist.  That there are some people who are just wired that way.  That's cool.  I just am not at all wired that way. 

And, yet, you smoked pot in JUNIOR high?  Say more about that.

Public BBS and all that so I'll keep it a bit generic.

Remember, JrHS for me was in the '70s. Just about literally everyone tried pot.

More times than I can remember, the two guys beside me in science class shared quaaludes. I never understood that.

We were at the very tail end of the hippie stuff and right before disco brought everyone from pot to coke as a past time.

Tried it. Didn't like it. Didn't see the point. Pot, not coke. Never tried anything stronger. Have a drink maybe once every five/six years if something catches my eye and sounds neat.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Who could survive the media microscope? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Speaking of the media..

Started by JoshR
Views: 1497 Posts: 23

2013-04-23 1:00 PM tuwood
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 25, 2006
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Incline Bench Press-Barbell Medium Grip strength exercise instruction with picture and video.

date : June 25, 2006
Bench Press-Barbell Medium Grip exercise instruction with picture and video.
date : June 22, 2006
Preacher Bench Medium-Grip Barbell Curl strength exercise instruction with picture and video.