General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Am I overtraining? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-08-02 4:07 PM
in reply to: mrbbrad

Subject: RE: Am I overtraining?
Perhaps you need to read between the lines? No matter how much or how little training I'm doing, I always make sure my family is comfortable with the time I devote to them and the time I devote to our sport.

I sit down with my wife each January, show her my training schedule for the year, the races I plan to do, and let her give me all the input she has. Then we agree upon the schedule once the changes are made based on her feedback. Later, if she asks me to change something, I do my best to accomdate her. Make them a part of the process.

2013-08-02 7:30 PM
in reply to: Dontcopy

User image

Subject: RE: Am I overtraining?
What's a rest day?

If the training feels good and you are hitting your goals, keep going. If you are dragging through workouts, coming up injured, or if that persistent ringing you experience is actually your loved ones, you are over-training.

Only you can tell. Good rule of thumb is to not increase your weekly total mileage too quickly and throw in a rest week with reduced mileage every 3rd week or so.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Am I overtraining? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Am I overtraining for sprint tri's?

Started by JKLipsky
Views: 1250 Posts: 9

2010-08-12 12:24 PM JKLipsky

Am I Overtraining?

Started by dana_stuart
Views: 1722 Posts: 11

2010-04-16 7:19 PM PennState

I am a beginner and I am scared, but hopeful

Started by trisome
Views: 3066 Posts: 15

2013-08-07 7:47 AM Sidney Porter

I am overtraining?

Started by Bisucas
Views: 1118 Posts: 5

2005-03-29 7:53 PM mikericci

overtraining?

Started by wrybosome
Views: 1010 Posts: 7

2004-01-21 8:00 AM owie
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 29, 2012
author : juliapurr
comments : 0
I am having a difficulty getting my heart rate up on my last workout. Is this a sign of overtraining?

date : April 14, 2010
author : AMSSM
During the last few days I have noticed these symptoms: higher resting heart rate, increased stress and trouble sleeping. Am I overtraining?
date : July 15, 2008
author : AMSSM
The article I read said that swimmer's shoulder can result from improper stroke, overtraining and one sided breathing. Do you have any comments on this and how to prevent?

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : January 16, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
In running, when trying to increase your distance, you don't want to add more than about 10% a week to avoid injury from overtraining. Is there a similar limit with swimming?

date : October 2, 2007
author : sportfactory
comments : 9
Poor swim technique, overtraining, unilateral breathing, overuse of training equipment all can cause swimmer's shoulder. Read how to avoid injury and strengthen your muscles.
date : March 5, 2006
author : Tri Swim Coach
Most of us belong to groups and there will always be pressure to keep up. It may be underlying or it may be outright, but no doubt, that pressure to go faster is always there.

date : May 16, 2005
author : dara
So how does this “overreaching” differ from over training? It is a matter of degree and incorporating ample rest and recovery and sensible training progressions.