General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tour de France dreams? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-07-21 1:44 PM

User image

Champion
Beautiful Sonoma County
Subject: Tour de France dreams?

I'm not kidding.  Almost every night for the last two weeks, I've had trouble falling asleep because I keep having these very vivid Tour dreams, and it's driving me crazy.

Eric comes to bed a bit later than I do, and he says I always sleep-talk to him saying I'm in the race and it's hard and how I want to stop dreaming about the Tour.

Gawd... I feel like Bob Roll in that stupid commercial.  *twitch* 

2006-07-21 6:32 PM
in reply to: #489585

Master
portland, or
Subject: RE: Tour de France dreams?
>>"Gawd... I feel like Bob Roll in that stupid commercial. *twitch*

When you start dreaming about Bobke, we'll have to send in professional help. And change your username to crazykat. In the meantime, you've only got a couple more nights.

BTW, have you seen the Outside magazine interview with Landis? Some great lines:

"Everybody wants to say, 'I couldn't win because of this or that,' " he says. "To my way of thinking, it doesn't matter if your goddamn head fell off or your legs exploded. If you didn't make it, you didn't make it. One excuse is as good as another."

Landis takes a sip and leans forward in his chair. "There's only one rule: The guy who trains the hardest, the most, wins. Period. Because you won't die. Even though you feel like you'll die, you don't actually die. Like when you're training, you can always do one more. Always. As tired as you might think you are, you can always, always do one more."

Z-Man (Zabriske) rouses, concerned. "I hope some 16-year-old doesn't read this and then go kill himself on the bike," he says.

"That was what I did," Landis says, not missing a beat. "I read something like that, and I trained like that, and, yeah, I was pretty damn depressed for a while. Then it got better."

So there's no such thing as overtraining?

"If you overtrained, it means that you didn't train hard enough to handle that level of training," Landis says, his fingertip rapping the table for emphasis. "So you weren't overtrained; you were actually undertrained to begin with. So there's the rule again: The guy who trains the hardest, the most, wins."

scott
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tour de France dreams? Rss Feed