General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pain on sole of foot Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-02 4:35 PM

Ohio
Subject: Pain on sole of foot
I attempted a marathon 5 years ago and felt great until about 18 miles in. I started to get a soreness on the soles of my feet between the heel and ball. I started to walk/jog because of the discomfort but by the time I got to 21 miles I couldn't even walk anymore because of the pain.

I've ran short distances ever since then but I trained for and ran a half marathon last spring without ever having this issue again. I continued training because I plan on running an ironman next month and I've never felt that pain doing many 10-13 mile long runs. I just ran a 16 mile long run yesterday though and at mile 15 I started to feel the soreness again. It only really bothered me while running or walking an didn't hurt when I sat down. What could this be and how can I prevent it from happening during my race again?

2013-08-03 4:12 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pearland,Tx
Subject: RE: Pain on sole of foot
Originally posted by Riblet21

I attempted a marathon 5 years ago and felt great until about 18 miles in. I started to get a soreness on the soles of my feet between the heel and ball. I started to walk/jog because of the discomfort but by the time I got to 21 miles I couldn't even walk anymore because of the pain.

I've ran short distances ever since then but I trained for and ran a half marathon last spring without ever having this issue again. I continued training because I plan on running an ironman next month and I've never felt that pain doing many 10-13 mile long runs. I just ran a 16 mile long run yesterday though and at mile 15 I started to feel the soreness again. It only really bothered me while running or walking an didn't hurt when I sat down. What could this be and how can I prevent it from happening during my race again?

Have you tried seeking help from a legitimate running shoe store FLEET FEET,THE RUNNING STORE . I was like yu when i was getting back to running half marathons and i was running with my ASICS GT2170 ($75.00) its the cheapest thats why i bought it. After two half marathons the arch of my foot is aching bad that i was not able to run or practice for two week. I went to FLEET FEET and they make me walk barefoot around the store and they told me I have the tendency to be flat footed therefore they advise me to use "Stability shoes". They made me choose different brands of stability shoes.I preferred ASICS Kayano 19 ($150.00). Its expensive but its worth it. I did 3 Half Marathons and no problems at all. After four months they advised me once i found the shoes that i did not have problems with stick with it. I just got my 2nd pair of Kayano 19 after 400 miles on my old one.

If the pain persist i was advised by my Primary Care Physician to see the Podiatrist/Foot Doctor. The pain did not persist after using my Kayano 19 , but I am paranoid therefore I still went ahead and see the Podiatrist(Foot Doctor) they took X-ray of both of my feet and my feet are still fine and gave me a list of stretches for my feet for plantar fascia care.

I suggest you may want to see a podiatrist just to check the present condition of your feet and take it from there. I suggest you go to the hospital or clinic based podiatrist advised by your primary doctor.

Edited by strykergt 2013-08-03 4:14 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pain on sole of foot Rss Feed