General Discussion Race Reports! » MascomaMan Triathlon - Sprint Course Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

MascomaMan Triathlon - Sprint Course - Triathlon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Enfield, New Hampshire
United States
MascomaMan Triathlon
70F / 21C
Total Time = 1h 41m 33s
Overall Rank = 86/140
Age Group = F3539
Age Group Rank = 7/7
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 5:15 and drove up to the race, which was a couple of hours away. I chose this one because it is closer to where my mom lives, so she could easily come out to watch. Chatted with her for a bit before the start of the race.
Event warmup:

Not much. I did swim a little bit, but nothing significant. Given my almost complete lack of training for the past 1-2 months, I wasn't expecting much out of this race.
Swim
  • 11m 56s
  • 500 yards
  • 02m 23s / 100 yards
Comments:

Well, I wasn't fast, but I wasn't last, which was an accomplishment since I've only gone swimming a handful of times all year. I was actually out of the water in just over 10 minutes, but I guess they included the run up to transition in our times.
What would you do differently?:

I'll just answer this question for all three disciplines here and say that I'd actually train. At this point, it's become clear that I've decided to completely slack off after the IM last year. I have bigger plans for next year, so I hope that this funk just covers this summer, but I just haven't had any motivation to train lately.
Transition 1
  • 01m 20s
Comments:

I had the second fastest T1 time, so at least my lack of training hasn't affected my transition skills. I'm actually surprised that I did as well as I did here, since they didn't have assigned racking and given that I had gotten there a little late, I was crammed in a back corner against the outer edge.
Bike
  • 56m 49s
  • 16 miles
  • 16.86 mile/hr
Comments:

The hills slowed me down a lot. I think I was only averaging around 12 mph after the first 6M. The downhills in the second half were nice though!
Transition 2
  • 00m 57s
Comments:

Had the third fastest T2 time in my AG. Too bad this race wasn't based on transitions alone or I would've done quite well!
Run
  • 30m 31s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 09m 50s  min/mile
Comments:

My Garmin said the run was 3.3 instead of 3.1, so I may have been a bit faster than these results suggest, but either way, I'm currently very slow. I just signed up for a HM this fall, so I'll have to actually start running again soon, but for now, I had to pay the price for my laziness.
Post race
Warm down:

Hung out with my mom before packing up and heading out to lunch with her

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Complete lack of training. I deserved a poor performance. As an aside note, I was last in my new 35-39 AG, but would have won the 30-34 AG by several minutes. Just thought it was funny how the cards fall sometimes...

Event comments:

The race director and volunteers put on a nice race. I felt bad for them afterward as there were, and potentially still are, issues with the timing company. They did their best to keep the athletes updated and clearly felt awful for any issues that arose from this. I'd definitely consider doing this race again.

Last updated: 2013-06-27 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:11:56 | 500 yards | 02m 23s / 100yards
Age Group: 6/7
Overall: 0/140
Performance:
Suit: None
Course: Counterclockwise triangle
Start type: Deep Water Plus: Waves
Water temp: 75F / 24C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:20
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:56:49 | 16 miles | 16.86 mile/hr
Age Group: 5/7
Performance:
Wind:
Course: Out and back on a hilly course
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:57
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:30:31 | 03.1 miles | 09m 50s  min/mile
Age Group: 5/7
Performance:
Course: Out and back on the same road the bike was on
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2013-08-05 1:54 PM

User image

Veteran
Boston, MA
Subject: MascomaMan Triathlon - Sprint Course
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » MascomaMan Triathlon - Sprint Course Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

San Diego International Triathlon - Sprint Course

Started by K-Money
Views: 1730 Posts: 4

2007-06-27 8:19 AM goran007

Breath of Life Ventura Triathlon - Sprint Course

Started by hundoracer
Views: 1446 Posts: 5

2007-06-26 7:31 PM rjl171

Started by sedulus
Views: 1515 Posts: 2

2007-05-26 6:00 AM drdi

2007 JCC Indoor Triathlon (sprint course)

Started by shepherd
Views: 1603 Posts: 3

2007-02-11 6:24 PM shepherd

Started by van_paulus
Views: 2119 Posts: 2

2006-07-03 7:48 AM drdi
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 8, 2008
author : pjwalzphd
comments : 2
When I told my husband that I planned to work toward completing a sprint triathlon, he smiled and was supportive, but a bit disbelieving.

date : February 5, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Complete course preview of the North East triathlon on 8/17/2008 featuring a Sprint and a Olympic distance race. Mark your calendars!
date : January 1, 2008
Complete course preview of the Philadelphia Women's Only Triathlon in Pennsylvania featuring a Sprint and a Duathlon race. Mark your calendars!

date : December 3, 2007
comments : 1
Complete course preview of the New Jersey State triathlon featuring a Sprint and a Olympic distance race. Mark your calendars!
date : November 22, 2007
comments : 1
Complete course preview of the Black Bear triathlon in Pennsylvania featuring a Sprint and a 1/2 Ironman distance race. Mark your calendars!

date : October 4, 2007
author : AdamA
comments : 4
I was passing others who were saying, "Good job, 587" (that was my race number). People were cheering me on. These were the nicest people I have ever been around!
date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
Any good race director will go over the triathlon swim course directions many times.

date : September 1, 2004
author : infosteward
Experts agree, doing a “mock,” triathlon on the course you’re racing can aid you in your training; performance and most of all quell some nervous energy.