General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Introducing myself Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-11 2:55 PM

Subject: Introducing myself
Hey everybody-- new californian triathlete here! During a post bike/run stupor I extensively detailed my goals and training on my log, but I felt that I might as well post a brief summary here. I'm currently training for an olympic distance tri, and have completed a sprint tri, half-marathon and a few other smaller races. My athletic background includes wrestling and lacrosse as well. on top of tri training I lift quite a bit as well (powerlifting, not olympic), and hope to compete in that eventually (probably in the far future as my current stats won't get me anywhere). Outside of tri's/lifting I enjoy discussing nutrition/exercise science, reading, hiking, cooking, watching movies ect. ect. Feel free to read my log from time to time if you're interested in my training/racing.

2013-08-12 11:39 AM
in reply to: PSJ9

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL
Subject: RE: Introducing myself

Hi and welcome to BT!

My background sounds similar to yours; I was a wrestler and an avid weightlifter for many years.

I still lift, but have switched my focus more to stuff to support my triathlon training and to help manage/prevent injuries.

Be forewarned, some folks around here are naysayers regarding mixing weights and triathlon, but at the end of the day you need to do what makes you happy.

Again, welcome and good luck with your training.

Mark 

2013-08-13 5:14 PM
in reply to: RedCorvette

Subject: RE: Introducing myself
Thanks for the welcome!
I've kind of accepted the fact that people in both camps (tri's and weightlifting) would strongly advocate me not doing the other (i.e cardio kills gains or you can't run with those muscles-- not that I have that much). I really do enjoy concurrently training both though, and don't plan to get so competitive in either that i need to stop the other.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Introducing myself Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Allow myself to...introduce......myself.

Started by skiplong
Views: 830 Posts: 3

2009-10-28 6:14 PM stevestenzel

Allow myself to introduce...myself

Started by Kymballie
Views: 1140 Posts: 11

2008-11-20 12:53 AM rsqdvr

Allow myself to [re]introduce myself....

Started by Big Dan
Views: 809 Posts: 8

2006-02-15 6:44 AM hangloose

Introducing myself

Started by luisf55
Views: 750 Posts: 9

2004-07-10 7:39 PM Y-NOT-TRI

don't mind if i introduce myself...

Started by skavoovie
Views: 790 Posts: 10

2004-06-24 11:53 AM skavoovie
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 17, 2007
author : GloriaTouchet
comments : 2
As women, many times our identity is lost by all that we do and everyone that we take care of. In the end, I accomplished that and so much more. Along the way, I rejuvenated and redefined myself.