General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any Mass Folks Doing Pumpkinman? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-16 12:23 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Any Mass Folks Doing Pumpkinman?
The swim waves have been posted! Went up a couple of weeks ago for the guided bike course ride-can't wait as it's my first half. Can we get this stretch of nice weather to continue for a few more weeks?

2013-08-23 3:51 PM
in reply to: prince66

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Any Mass Folks Doing Pumpkinman?
Hope so! Good luck. I was going to do the half but just switched to the sprint.
2013-08-24 7:11 PM

Uxbridge
I am doing pumpkinman....pm me if you want to ride. I rode the course last weekend...pretty nice
2013-08-25 9:17 PM

I'm doing it- my first HIM too! Wasn't able to get up for the traing ride. Did you go on the swim? If so, what was the water like? I am verrrrryyyy nervous right now. Best of luck to you! If you're interested in doing a short ride over part of the course next Sunday, let me know, I might go up just to ride 20-25 mIles of it but ima slowww cyclist!

Melissa
2013-08-26 8:34 AM
in reply to: Mellie03

User image

New user

I did the course tour when they held it a few weeks ago. Pretty nice course overall-a few rough spots but also a lot of freshly paved sections, too. Compared to what I am used to it didn't seem very hilly which was encouraging. Didn't get a chance to do the swim event they held unfortunately-the lake looked nice from a distance though.

The hill climb from the lake to T1 is no joke though so be prepared!

This is my first half as well so the nerves are starting to kick in for me as well. Good luck!
2013-09-08 6:20 PM

How did everyone do? I finished (so happy!!!)! A little panicked on the swim so I started out breaststroke until The first buoy, but the rest went well. The bikewas good but windy, and I had a decent run. 6 hr 24 min for my first HIM. Definitely a back of the packer, but I had a great experience at the race!

Hope you all had good races and a great weekend!

Melissa

2013-09-10 8:59 AM
in reply to: Mellie03

User image

New user

Finished as well which was the main goal for my first half! Hoped to do a little better but my run was a bit of a dumpster-fire. I thought I had my nutrition planned out well but the sheer volume of liquid intake coupled with the cool conditions on the bike (not much sweat/lots of retained fluids) led to an uncomfortable first half of the run. Finished in 6:13 (was hoping for around 6 hrs even). Overall it was a great experience despite the minor sufferfest. Great day and the best post-race meal I've ever had by FAR!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any Mass Folks Doing Pumpkinman? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Mass Bters doing IM AZ?

Started by isis
Views: 1291 Posts: 4

2011-11-04 10:22 AM bzaganjo

Anyone doing or have done the Mass State Tri?

Started by MomX3
Views: 849 Posts: 7

2007-07-04 10:11 AM MomX3

Riding in pan-mass challenge

Started by D.Z.
Views: 816 Posts: 2

2006-05-26 12:13 PM D.Z.

Pan-Mass Challenge

Started by D.Z.
Views: 835 Posts: 3

2006-01-31 8:28 AM mlaugustine

2006 Mass Area Tri's

Started by c2fd
Views: 1135 Posts: 9

2006-01-25 7:13 AM isis54
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 2, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
If you ask beginning triathletes what they fear most, a standard response usually includes some reference to mass swim starts and bike crashes.

date : April 28, 2011
author : fivecents
comments : 5
What my first sprint distance triathlon taught me about myself.
date : October 11, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 0
Training program for the minority triathlete wanting to put on some extra muscle mass to get buff for next years triathlon season.

date : October 8, 2007
author : AMSSM
Is it ever advisable to try to lose muscle mass? I've been struggling with a cycle of training to lose weight or rehabilitate some minor injury and only gaining muscle, which adds to my weight.
date : August 17, 2007
author : scoli121
comments : 6
I quickly browsed an article in Men's Health that talked about doing a triathlon, and how it wasn't really that hard. With a "tsk!" I quickly turned the page while thinking, "Yeah, right!"

date : December 27, 2004
author : trixie
Exactly what type of weight training does a triathlete need?
date : September 2, 2004
Can you triathlon train AND strength train for mass?

date : September 2, 2004
comments : 1
The program necessary to put on muscle.