of 9

2013-08-20 10:48 AM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Dear Daughter...
Originally posted by msteiner

Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly
Originally posted by Left Brain Dear Daughter - you can get lower?
Talk about a thread hijack!

Sorry about that.

If there was ever a thread that needed hijacking....this was it. Laughing

2013-08-20 10:55 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Left Brain

Sorry about that.

If there was ever a thread that needed hijacking....this was it. Laughing

Haha--yeah.  It probably should have happened six pages ago;)

2013-08-20 11:15 AM
in reply to: switch

User image

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by switch

Originally posted by switch Those pics are awesome. Did you just slowly lower yourself, or did you work with a bike person to work it out? Did you have a power meter to monitor power output with fit changes? Do you adjust your fit for different length races?

I bought both my bikes from the same bike shop, and because of that, the shop's fitter, who is FIST certified (have fun with that one!), has worked with me in slowly getting more aggressive.  

My ultimate goal was to get into a position similar to Chris Lieto:

The first major position change came with the purchase of my time trial bike.  The more aggressive geometry helped a lot.  The last picture was from buying a slightly shorter stem with a -18 degree angle to get lower than the stock stem would allow.

I would test the positions on a computrainer at the bike shop to make sure I can produce power, but I also do an interval ride to make sure my HR numbers were in line to similar efforts.

I don't think I'd change my position for longer races.  I'm pretty comfortable in it.  Right now my focus is Olympic distance.  One IM was enough fun for me!

A FIST fit (on the BIKE) sounds like a good way to go. Reallt nice pics and helpful info. Thanks for the feedback and help

Ow.
2013-08-20 11:37 AM
in reply to: mr2tony

User image

Pro
Originally posted by mr2tony

Originally posted by switch Those pics are awesome. Did you just slowly lower yourself, or did you work with a bike person to work it out? Did you have a power meter to monitor power output with fit changes? Do you adjust your fit for different length races?

I bought both my bikes from the same bike shop, and because of that, the shop's fitter, who is FIST certified (have fun with that one!), has worked with me in slowly getting more aggressive.  

The first major position change came with the purchase of my time trial bike.  The more aggressive geometry helped a lot.  The last picture was from buying a slightly shorter stem with a -18 degree angle to get lower than the stock stem would allow.

I would test the positions on a computrainer at the bike shop to make sure I can produce power, but I also do an interval ride to make sure my HR numbers were in line to similar efforts.

I don't think I'd change my position for longer races.  I'm pretty comfortable in it.  Right now my focus is Olympic distance.  One IM was enough fun for me!

A FIST fit (on the BIKE) sounds like a good way to go. Reallt nice pics and helpful info. Thanks for the feedback and help

Ow.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
2013-08-20 11:46 AM
in reply to: BrianRunsPhilly

User image

Pro

Ow.

Uh.......we're gonna need a new letter.

2013-08-20 11:46 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

A FIST fit (on the BIKE) sounds like a good way to go. Reallt nice pics and helpful info. Thanks for the feedback and help:)
Ow.
As long as it's consensual.

2013-08-20 12:56 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Ow.

I forbid it!

2013-08-20 1:05 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Ow.

While we're heading down this road, so to speak...

Chris Lieto has freaking awesome legs

eta: I'm saying that as a 51 year old man who fantasizes that one day I will be the oldest rider in the TdF. So don't get any other ideas.

Edited by BrianRunsPhilly 2013-08-20 1:07 PM
2013-08-20 1:29 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

A FIST fit (on the BIKE) sounds like a good way to go. Reallt nice pics and helpful info. Thanks for the feedback and help:)
Ow.
While we're heading down this road, so to speak...Chris Lieto has freaking awesome legs :) eta: I'm saying that as a 51 year old man who fantasizes that one day I will be the oldest rider in the TdF. So don't get any other ideas.
Not that there's anything wrong with that. And yes, yes he most certainly does.
2013-08-20 2:01 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Champion
Chicago

Ow.

I forbid it!

Now I have to see what the fuss is all about.
2013-08-20 2:03 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Ow.

I forbid it!

Make sure you wear your man pouch panties.  I'm sure they make a version that would allow for your fit.

2013-08-20 2:18 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago

Ow.

I forbid it!

Make sure you wear your man pouch panties.  I'm sure they make a version that would allow for your fit.

Don't judge. They add five pounds.
2013-08-20 2:22 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Ow.

I forbid it!

5lbs? Daaaaayyuuuuuuuum.
2013-08-20 2:31 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago

Ow.

I forbid it!

5lbs? Daaaaayyuuuuuuuum.

See? Now everybody's going to want a pair.
2013-08-20 2:34 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Trendsetter.
2013-08-20 7:31 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

So, I just had some Oreo's and milk.  Then I remembered I forgot to eat dinner, so I figured the Oreo's would cover it.

2013-08-20 9:01 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by tuwood

So, I just had some Oreo's and milk.  Then I remembered I forgot to eat dinner, so I figured the Oreo's would cover it.

Yeah... but how did you eat the oreos? Are you a dunker? Twist off? And how do you handle the filling?
2013-08-21 8:01 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Originally posted by tuwood

Yeah... but how did you eat the oreos? Are you a dunker? Twist off? And how do you handle the filling?

Dunker, I like em mushy

2013-08-21 9:44 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro
Oreos are almost as gross as nutella.
2013-08-21 10:17 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2013-08-21 10:31 AM
in reply to: Teejaay

Pro
Originally posted by Teejaay

Originally posted by BrianRunsPhillyOreos are almost as gross as nutella.
I was liking the Oreo talk ...took my mind off turkey legs ....now Nutella has brought me back down.

Sorry Teejaay, didn't mean to let my cranky mood this morning bring you down. The kids already asked if I have PMS.

Now what's all this about turkey legs?

2013-08-21 10:46 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2013-08-21 10:55 AM
in reply to: Teejaay

Regular
LHOTP
I was liking the Oreo talk ...took my mind off turkey legs ....now Nutella has brought me back down.
Sorry Teejaay, didn't mean to let my cranky mood this morning bring you down. The kids already asked if I have PMS. Now what's all this about turkey legs?
When I look at the dudes legs in that pic I keep thinking of the dark meat of a turkey carcass .... I prefer the plumper white meat ....without Nutella of course! :)
IDK, Teejaay, Brian sounds like a leg man, but maybe that's just with dudes. Btw, I'd eat the hell out of a ribeye with a side of salt right now.
2013-08-21 12:14 PM

Pro

Sorry Teejaay, didn't mean to let my cranky mood this morning bring you down. The kids already asked if I have PMS. Now what's all this about turkey legs?
When I look at the dudes legs in that pic I keep thinking of the dark meat of a turkey carcass .... I prefer the plumper white meat ....without Nutella of course!
IDK, Teejaay, Brian sounds like a leg man, but maybe that's just with dudes. Btw, I'd eat the hell out of a ribeye with a side of salt right now.

J'accuse?

I just ate a turkey sandwich. Breast meat. With mustard. That's how I roll.
2013-08-21 12:50 PM

Regular
LHOTP

When I look at the dudes legs in that pic I keep thinking of the dark meat of a turkey carcass .... I prefer the plumper white meat ....without Nutella of course! :)
J'accuse? I just ate a turkey sandwich. Breast meat. With mustard. That's how I roll.

I jest, Brian. I jest.

What kinda mustard?

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Dear Daughter... Rss Feed  

of 9