General Discussion Triathlon Talk » PTs pls recommend me some excersices forint band vmo glutes and hips Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-17 10:31 AM

Subject: PTs pls recommend me some excersices forint band vmo glutes and hips
Have anterior knee pain caused by knee cap tracking wrong. Seen a pt some days last week and its helping but can't see him next 2 weeks due to travel. Also I have amplified the diagnostic and would like so,e recommendations for killer excersices to do

I believe there are a number of root causes based on what knee doc says, what pt says and my own knowledge:
-- tight IT band
-- poor glute and hip flexibility and potentially also poor strength
-- low cadence mashing style on the bike over developing outside of quadriceps while vmo is lengthening
-- potentially also a weak vmo or at least under developed not being able to resist the outside pull on the knee cap

So several causes for knee cap not tracking correctly and hence several things to work on.

Did a 3h solid ride this am and a 20 min run off the bike and spent lot of time afterwards on stretching and self massage and so far I feel great in my knee region so I might be on the right track but would appreciate any good recommendations

Thanks

2013-08-17 3:42 PM
in reply to: andreasjs

User image

Master
Falls Church, VA
Subject: RE: PTs pls recommend me some excersices forint band vmo glutes and hips
I do this routine 3 times a week. it has done wonders for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GLrKr54yA0
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » PTs pls recommend me some excersices forint band vmo glutes and hips Rss Feed