General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Roll Call!! Check in NM Peeps! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-19 11:52 AM

User image

Roswell
Subject: Roll Call!! Check in NM Peeps!
Its been a bit slow in the NM forum.....SO! Check in with where you are from, and what your triathlon goals are for the next year.

I'll start:

Name: Todd Clark

Goals: IM 70.3 Galveston and IM Boulder are my big goals. My other goal is to train my way out of Clydesdales.

Lets hear it!!!

2013-08-20 10:25 AM
in reply to: Ziatriguy

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: Roll Call!! Check in NM Peeps!

TJ

Rio Rancho, NM

Goals for 2014... dunno. I'd love to do St. George but I'm trying to race closer to home next year to ease some marital strainLaughing He's put up with races in Cali, Utah and Colorado for the last 3 years. So I might be doing just local stuff in 2014. Undecided 

2013-08-20 11:48 AM

User image

New user

Josh Gilbrech

Goals: Getting to IM distance for IMCZ

Near Term: The 505 is coming up very soon, after that I'm thinking Half IM at Kerrville, Tx at the end of September, Acoma 50miler bike, Day of the Tread, El Tour de Tucson, probably a marathon and half marathon in there somewhere....

Previous races: Lotsa Sprints and Oly's, Several Century bikes, Ragnar AZ, 24 hours in the old pueblo, Mt Lemon Marathon, Tucson Marathon

2013-08-20 12:12 PM
in reply to: Eviljosh

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by Eviljosh Josh Gilbrech From: All over the place, but the Burque is home now Goals: Getting to IM distance for IMCZ Near Term: The 505 is coming up very soon, after that I'm thinking Half IM at Kerrville, Tx at the end of September, Acoma 50miler bike, Day of the Tread, El Tour de Tucson, probably a marathon and half marathon in there somewhere.... Previous races: Lotsa Sprints and Oly's, Several Century bikes, Ragnar AZ, 24 hours in the old pueblo, Mt Lemon Marathon, Tucson Marathon

I'm looking at the Acoma ride and Day of the Tread as well. I think I might do Las Campanas if I feel like doing a tri Labor Day weekend but $65 for a sprint is hard to cough up.

2013-08-20 12:37 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

New user

If you've never done Acoma I recommend it if for nothing else the sights. It's probably one of the prettiest rides I've done. (At least the first half is). After that it's lame frontage road riding. Day of the Tread kicked my last year... but that was probably cause I was wearing a 10lb helmet with a 2 ft tall tophat on top (not exactly aerodynamic for 100 miles). My SO still doesn't let me live down her having to pull my near dead body back from Bernallio.

2013-08-20 4:15 PM

Veteran
What's up everyone?!?! Tim in the Burque.

I finally got bit by the injury bug so my last run was July16th and last ride was July 30th. I'm currently doing PT for my hip and hoping to get back at it by the middle of Sept. Unfortunately that means a lot of lost fitness. I guess I'll shoot for a return to racing on Turkey Day somewhere and perhaps first tri in December.

Injuries suck! Stay healthy!

I would love a chance to go to nationals next year but we'll have to see how the recovery goes. After that I'm hoping to step up to a HIM sometime soon but no definite plans yet.

2013-08-20 5:35 PM
in reply to: trinity

User image

Roswell
Hey Tim, sorry about your injury!!! We'll pray for ya! My wife and I just joined FCA Endurance and are thinking about starting a NM huddle.
2013-08-20 6:04 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Originally posted by trinityWhat's up everyone?!?! Tim in the Burque.I finally got bit by the injury bug so my last run was July16th and last ride was July 30th. I'm currently doing PT for my hip and hoping to get back at it by the middle of Sept. Unfortunately that means a lot of lost fitness. I guess I'll shoot for a return to racing on Turkey Day somewhere and perhaps first tri in December.Injuries suck! Stay healthy!I would love a chance to go to nationals next year but we'll have to see how the recovery goes. After that I'm hoping to step up to a HIM sometime soon but no definite plans yet.
I hear ya on the hip pain. I've been seeing a myotherapist and am just starting to ramp back up. Hopefully pain free.I'd never heard of FCA Endurance. That's pretty cool! Not sure what a huddle is but I'm interested.
2013-08-21 1:50 PM

User image

Roswell
A huddle is a state or local group that meets before an event to pray and worship.
2013-08-22 1:00 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Cool. When I did HITS Grand Junction the RD had a pre-race prayer for those who wanted to participate. That was pretty cool.
2013-08-23 9:45 AM

Veteran
Hi Ziatriguy,

I appreciate the prayers! PT is going well and got cleared to do some easy short running which makes me very happy.

Welcome to FCA. We used to have a fairly active group here in Albuquerque but we lost two leaders in a few month time span and no one has picked up the ball to run with it yet.

rrrunner, you should go to the website and check out what FCA Endurance is about. It's super easy to join. You just sign a pledge and promise to wear the gear to one event a year.

Also, keep in mind that FCA Endurance teammates get special pricing on Hammer Nutrition products. I would participate even if there were no extra benefits because I believe in FCA's mission but this is a nice bonus.

2013-08-23 1:58 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Wow, that Competitor's Creed is awesome!

I wish I'd made it to the Iron Prayer when I did O'side.  

2013-08-26 5:05 AM

User image

Master
North edge of nowhere
Hi everyone

Rick Besecke

I currently live in Lordsburg. Lots of running and biking, but swimming is a rare happening

My long-term goal is to just do an oly. Right now I can swim far enough for a sprint, but that's about it.

And I envy those of y'all who live in civilization.
2013-08-26 12:01 PM
in reply to: RBesecke

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by RBesecke Hi everyone Rick Besecke I currently live in Lordsburg. Lots of running and biking, but swimming is a rare happening My long-term goal is to just do an oly. Right now I can swim far enough for a sprint, but that's about it. And I envy those of y'all who live in civilization.

Wow, you are out there a ways. I was in Deming last week. I suppose you have some nice events fairly close. I've not done any of the races at Elephant Butte or Cruces but I might next year.

2013-08-26 12:02 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by trinity Hi Ziatriguy, I appreciate the prayers! PT is going well and got cleared to do some easy short running which makes me very happy. Welcome to FCA. We used to have a fairly active group here in Albuquerque but we lost two leaders in a few month time span and no one has picked up the ball to run with it yet. rrrunner, you should go to the website and check out what FCA Endurance is about. It's super easy to join. You just sign a pledge and promise to wear the gear to one event a year. Also, keep in mind that FCA Endurance teammates get special pricing on Hammer Nutrition products. I would participate even if there were no extra benefits because I believe in FCA's mission but this is a nice bonus.

I saw a young lady wearing the FCA Endurance kit at the Live.Love.Tri this weekend. I only saw her across the lot when I was lining up to run so I didn't have a chance to talk to her but it was cool to see.

2013-08-26 7:50 PM

User image

Master
North edge of nowhere
Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by RBesecke Hi everyone Rick Besecke I currently live in Lordsburg. Lots of running and biking, but swimming is a rare happening My long-term goal is to just do an oly. Right now I can swim far enough for a sprint, but that's about it. And I envy those of y'all who live in civilization.

Wow, you are out there a ways. I was in Deming last week. I suppose you have some nice events fairly close. I've not done any of the races at Elephant Butte or Cruces but I might next year.

"out there" is a bit of an understatement; there's not much out here, so I have a bit of travel to attend events. So far I've just done Bottomless (3x), Milkman, Chile Harvest (x2) and the old Presidents' Day Du. There's apparently a "modified Oly" up in Morenci, AZ, though I think it's more like an extended sprint. There are races in 'Cruces and hEll Paso, but I won't go to hEll Paso if I can help it.

I'm looking forward to moving somewhere with year 'round pools so that I can learn to swim worth a darn.

2013-09-08 5:54 PM

User image

Wow, Rick, you are out there. I spent a few summers in small town clinics during school, but Lordsburg takes the cake. I'm in the big city now (Albuquerque)!

2014? I'm still in the middle of my season.

Got Elephant Butte (called something else this year) and Austin 70.3 (my first HIM, GULP!) left.

-Jaime

2013-09-09 11:22 AM
in reply to: RunningJoke

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by RunningJoke Wow, Rick, you are out there. I spent a few summers in small town clinics during school, but Lordsburg takes the cake. I'm in the big city now (Albuquerque)! 2014? I'm still in the middle of my season. Got Elephant Butte (called something else this year) and Austin 70.3 (my first HIM, GULP!) left. -Jaime

I contemplated that Elephant Butte race but it looks so HOT!!! And good luck in Austin!

I just signed up for Santa Fe. I did it last year. It's a nice course. That might be my last tri this year. I volunteered at the Patriot this last weekend. The OA male was a guy from El Paso. He said it's a tough course, but he did it in 1:08:XX.

2013-09-12 1:10 PM

Regular
Artesia, NM
The weather is cooling off some, so Elephant Man(Holy Moly Oly) wont be too bad. It should be done before it breaks into the 80's. Just do it, very fun enjoyable course.
2013-09-12 1:11 PM

Regular
Artesia, NM
Whats this Morenci Tri???
2013-09-15 9:06 AM
in reply to: fastrob691

User image

Master
North edge of nowhere
Originally posted by fastrob691

Whats this Morenci Tri???

Hey Rob,

They're calling it a "modified Oly": 575-meter swim (I'm pretty sure it's in a pool, but I could be wrong), 20-mile bike, 5-mile run. I'm hoping to make that one next year.
I've not been to Morenci, so I don't know what the course is like. I'm guessing it's hilly.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Roll Call!! Check in NM Peeps! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Coyote Carrera Roll call!

Started by NMTrier
Views: 1224 Posts: 6

2012-04-19 8:15 PM chsdaddy

Elephantman Roll Call.

Started by Ziatriguy
Views: 3599 Posts: 25

2011-09-26 2:34 PM RockTractor

Soccorro Chile Harvest Triathlon Roll Call.

Started by Ziatriguy
Views: 1856 Posts: 8

2010-08-06 3:49 PM trinity

Bottomless Tri Roll Call

Started by Ziatriguy
Views: 1515 Posts: 7

2010-07-10 5:33 PM Ziatriguy

Spring Fling - April 18 - roll call

Started by barelfly
Views: 1504 Posts: 4

2010-03-01 10:45 PM killie42
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 4, 2008
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Don't know how to setup your triathlon transition area? We cover everything from wetsuit tips, bike check, nutrition, shoes, equipment placement to actual race day execution.

date : July 5, 2005
author : KevinKonczak
comments : 0
After you have established the Ironman goal, the most important factor outside of the training is which race to choose? What is your best sort of course, hilly, rolling, flat?