Cascade Bicycle Club
70F / 21C
Overcast
Total Time = 12h 29m
Overall Rank = /1400
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

RSVP (Ride from Seattle to Vancouver and Party) is a two day, 190 mile event. Start is at UW - Husky Stadium. First night is spent in Bellingham, WA. Second day takes you over the Canadian border and ends in downtown Vancouver. We stayed at a friend's apartment in Puyallup. His girlfriend was also riding with me. Got to the stadium at 6:15am and met with our third riding partner. The boys were in charge of driving the support vehicles while the girls did the cycling. Rolling start at 6:45am and we were off! Day 2 - had free breakfast at the Baymont Inn and got out of dodge at 6:45am again. Cloudy and cool both mornings, so I wore arm warmers. Otherwise, the weather was great for both days.
Event warmup:

NONE. 112 miles the first day required no warm up.
Bike
  • 12h 29m
  • 192 miles
  • 15.37 mile/hr
Comments:

I loved this ride! Limit of 1400 riders was perfect. Not too crowded, and people were great about being audible for passing. The route has enough topography to be interesting, but not killer on the hills. Cascade Bicycle Club puts on great events - plenty of food and drinks at the pit stops. Fun to cross the Canadian border by bike!
What would you do differently?:

Nothing - I was well prepared for this event. I have been diligent about training and not just on my bike, but lots of cross training too. My butt was definitely sore after two days in the saddle though!
Post race
Warm down:

Wandered around in the Coast Hotel waiting for husband to bring flip flops from our hotel. Drank some water.

Event comments:

$8 for a pint of Molson?! YUCK! And no free food at the finish at all. The "Party" was totally disappointing. We left pretty quickly and went to shower and to the Public House down the street for some Somersby and poutine. I wished that the party was better because the riders were a lot of fun to hang out with. This was the only bummer of the whole ride.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2013-08-20 12:00 AM
Biking
12:29:00 | 192 miles | 15.37 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/1400
Performance: Good
Wind: Little
Course: Amazing course. Weather was nice and cool. We missed a turn off of the Centennial course somewhere near Arlington and ended up riding and additional 4 miles for a total of 112 on day 1. Oops. Most of the hills on the first day came in the last 20 miles - including the climb up Chuckanut Drive (gorgeous views of the Straight!) and then a big hill just before Bellingham. Second day was only 78 miles and the hills all came at the end as we climbed into downtown Vancouver. Got to ride in a lot of places I had never been.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 63
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right