Other Resources My Cup of Joe » New MCM route Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-08-22 1:34 PM
in reply to: BrianRunsPhilly

User image

Subject: RE: New MCM route
Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly

If you turn your head sideways and use BT-logic, it looks like a 4-legged toucan with a penis on it's head. Where's Mr. Garrison?

MCM is my favorite marathon. The Marines and crowd support are simply amazing.

I haven't done the MCM, but done some of the other events that the Marines organized - the Half Marathon (Historic Half) in Fredericksburg, and just this last weekend volunteering at the first Quantico Sprint Tri (mostly because I forgot to register and it sold out in less than a day)...I don't know if i've really seen a group do better organizing

2013-08-22 1:41 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly If you turn your head sideways and use BT-logic, it looks like a 4-legged toucan with a penis on it's head

screaming eagle

2013-08-22 1:44 PM
in reply to: austhokie

User image

Pro
Originally posted by austhokie

If you turn your head sideways and use BT-logic, it looks like a 4-legged toucan with a penis on it's head. Where's Mr. Garrison?

MCM is my favorite marathon. The Marines and crowd support are simply amazing.

I haven't done the MCM, but done some of the other events that the Marines organized - the Half Marathon (Historic Half) in Fredericksburg, and just this last weekend volunteering at the first Quantico Sprint Tri (mostly because I forgot to register and it sold out in less than a day)...I don't know if i've really seen a group do better organizing

The Quantico tri is on my bucket list. MCM is so hard to get in now. Last time I did it was in 2011, and it was too much fun. Had some Marines running their first marathon in my hotel, and we hung out after the race until the bar closed. They had a squad bet to do it, and they all looked like utter death. These big dudes looked at scrawny me and told me I was nuts for enjoying marathons. The Marines are the best!
2013-08-22 1:47 PM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly If you turn your head sideways and use BT-logic, it looks like a 4-legged toucan with a penis on it's head. Where's Mr. Garrison? MCM is my favorite marathon. The Marines and crowd support are simply amazing.
The Quantico tri is on my bucket list. MCM is so hard to get in now. Last time I did it was in 2011, and it was too much fun. Had some Marines running their first marathon in my hotel, and we hung out after the race until the bar closed. They had a squad bet to do it, and they all looked like utter death. These big dudes looked at scrawny me and told me I was nuts for enjoying marathons. The Marines are the best!

This is one of those that's on my list for "some day." I'm not sure if I could handle the after party, or likely the pre-party.

2013-08-22 1:49 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Asalzwed

Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly If you turn your head sideways and use BT-logic, it looks like a 4-legged toucan with a penis on it's head. Where's Mr. Garrison? MCM is my favorite marathon. The Marines and crowd support are simply amazing.

This is one of those that's on my list for "some day." I'm not sure if I could handle the after party, or likely the pre-party.

I'd protect you.
2013-08-22 1:54 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Seattle
Originally posted by switch

I'd protect you.

Awwwwww

NO WHISKEY 

2013-08-22 1:55 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

I'd protect you.

Awwwwww

NO WHISKEY 

Of course not!

Wait, what???

2013-08-22 2:05 PM

User image

Seattle

I'd protect you.

Awwwwww

NO WHISKEY 

Of course not!

Wait, what???

Although, and this is no indication that I'm going back on my policy, but My uncle had a ceramic poodle-shaped vessel that contained whiskey and I was intrigued. 

2013-08-22 2:18 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

I'd protect you.

Awwwwww

NO WHISKEY 

Of course not!

Wait, what???

Although, and this is no indication that I'm going back on my policy, but My uncle had a ceramic poodle-shaped vessel that contained whiskey and I was intrigued. 

You only drink whiskey doggie style? Fine.
2013-08-22 2:29 PM

User image

Seattle

I'd protect you.

Awwwwww

NO WHISKEY 

Of course not!

Wait, what???

You only drink whiskey doggie style? Fine.

I appreciate your flexibility

2013-08-23 8:26 AM
in reply to: Comet

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
Originally posted by Comet

Originally posted by Comet Dangit. I knew I should have registered this year!

You could bandit.

What could possibly go wrong?

hahahahaa! You're funny. Probably nothing worse than what would have happened if they had seen me go #2 in a bush at mile 13 last time I did it.

And yes, I *could*, but that's no fun.

You could enter the contest to run in a Dunkin Donuts costume....how awesome would THAT be?

http://www.marinemarathon.com/MCM_Runner_Info.htm

I've run five MCMs and I think I've run 3 different courses....for this being a fairly classic marathon I am amazed at how often they have to change the course fairly drastically!

2013-08-23 10:45 AM
in reply to: Comet

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs
Originally posted by Comet

Originally posted by Comet Dangit. I knew I should have registered this year!

You could bandit.

What could possibly go wrong?

hahahahaa! You're funny. Probably nothing worse than what would have happened if they had seen me go #2 in a bush at mile 13 last time I did it.

You need to manage your nutrition better.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » New MCM route Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Disney World suggestions - Running routes and off-site restaurants

Started by the bear
Views: 1571 Posts: 12

2008-05-31 7:00 AM dalessit

TDF Route Announced

Started by Tri-It
Views: 391 Posts: 2

2006-10-27 1:08 AM Iron_Gus

Bolivian Ironman Bike Route

Started by tupuppy
Views: 445 Posts: 7

2006-10-23 11:40 AM run4yrlif

Searchable running routes

Started by emilyindallas
Views: 401 Posts: 2

2006-07-20 2:51 PM phoenixazul

Arial photo of ridiculous swimming pool on my running route

Started by getsome
Views: 746 Posts: 7

2006-07-20 12:12 PM Mark Stanley
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.

date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.
date : March 26, 2008
author : Team BT
Instructions on how to directly upload routes from your Garmin training device into your training logs.

date : May 8, 2007
author : Ron
Lots of updates in this version! Map your routes and elevation profiles of single sport workouts, bricks and races! Directly integrates into BT's training log to assign routes to workouts.
date : November 14, 2004
author : Akuma
I am 28 now, hardly an old crony, but life in busy Sydney Australia has meant my belly is softer than the excuses I use to convince myself I am in good shape.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

author : Daniel Clout
Stay focused on your dreams and stand up for your rights!