General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Maybury running trails? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-22 9:09 AM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI
Subject: Maybury running trails?

I've recently picked up trail running.  I find it leaves my body feeling much less beat up than road running and I'm nursing all sorts of little issues/over use injuries.

Do any of you run trails at Maybury?  It's so close to my house and I've been there for casual strolls but am mostly unfamiliar with the trail system.  I'm looking for something that's on the less technical side at this point in terms of a super narrow path, dodging roots/rocks, etc.  I'm not sure if there's just one main trail or several.  I see a map online but it's not terribly helpful.

Is one parking area better than others for accessing the trail system?  Any tips are appreciated!

2013-08-23 9:27 AM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Veteran
Highland, Michigan
Subject: RE: Maybury running trails?
I run out there pretty often. there are separate trails for foot traffic, bike traffic and horse traffic. I usually park at the lot of 8 mile near the horse barn. from there you can jump on the two track and access the foot traffic trails. Most everything is really well marked so its tough to get lost. There are a number of loops so you can make your run as short or as long as you'd like.
2013-08-23 11:20 AM
in reply to: MIKEWOODS

User image

Veteran
Highland, Michigan
Originally posted by MIKEWOODS

I run out there pretty often. there are separate trails for foot traffic, bike traffic and horse traffic. I usually park at the lot of Beck Rd. near the horse barn. from there you can jump on the two track and access the foot traffic trails. Most everything is really well marked so its tough to get lost. There are a number of loops so you can make your run as short or as long as you'd like.

My above post should say Beck Rd. not 8 mile.
2013-08-23 11:30 AM
in reply to: MIKEWOODS

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Originally posted by MIKEWOODS
Originally posted by MIKEWOODS I run out there pretty often. there are separate trails for foot traffic, bike traffic and horse traffic. I usually park at the lot of Beck Rd. near the horse barn. from there you can jump on the two track and access the foot traffic trails. Most everything is really well marked so its tough to get lost. There are a number of loops so you can make your run as short or as long as you'd like.
My above post should say Beck Rd. not 8 mile.

Cool, thanks Mike!  I actually got a chance to get out there yesterday but there are so many unmarked forks that don't indicate clearly which way the main trail goes.  Short of carrying a map, is there a trick to it, like always stay left at forks, or always take the widest path at a fork, or something like that?  I kept somehow ending up on the paved road which is what I'm trying to avoid these days.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Maybury running trails? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Maybury Park?

Started by noelle1230
Views: 1469 Posts: 9

2010-04-13 2:54 PM yorkee

How is the Kal/Haven Trail for a Trail Run

Started by AeroBaldness
Views: 1119 Posts: 5

2009-11-03 7:52 PM AeroBaldness

Flint Area - Friday Evening OWS and trail run, trail ride, or road ride

Started by matt3liv
Views: 1355 Posts: 17

2008-06-20 8:11 PM matt3liv

Trail Run February 3, 9AM

Started by rkreuser
Views: 906 Posts: 12

2007-02-05 11:20 AM rkreuser

Trail run 1/20 or 1/21

Started by rkreuser
Views: 973 Posts: 11

2007-01-21 7:53 AM paragon
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 28, 2012
author : greggseltzer
comments : 6
Why barefoot running is not suited for the average runner.

date : November 15, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Recipes for Oatmeal Pancakes, Carrot Apple Muffins, Sugar and Spice Pecans and Crunchy Trail Mix
date : July 29, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
Third in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries

date : July 28, 2011
author : AMSSM
I can train for half marathons on pavement and on trails, but as soon as I change it up to gravel or loose dirt my knee swells and the pain it causes is unreal. Any ideas why this happens?
date : October 29, 2008
author : mrakes1
Triathlon nutrition discussions on trail mixes and calories, regular skim milk vs. organic skim milk vs. soy milk and whey protein.

date : July 9, 2007
author : gsmacleod
Taking the time to have your running form analyzed can help many athletes run further, faster or both!
date : April 11, 2007
author : Coach AJ
Discussion on the walk/run technique, run injury and cadence, barefoot running, staying aero on long climbs and HIM preparation

date : October 17, 2004
author : smeeko
Discover the joys of trail running while also giving your body many benefits.