General Discussion Triathlon Talk » On-Running shoes? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-22 10:36 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Spokane, WA
Subject: On-Running shoes?
Came across a video about On-Running shoes, Caroline Steffen and a host of others are now wearing. They swear their leg fatigue has greatly improved, etc...... They have 4 different models. Cloudster, Cloudrunner, Cloudsurfer and Cloudracer.
www.on-running.com

Is anyone wearing these or tried them? I'd like some more info that doesn't come from a marketing department.

2013-08-22 11:51 AM
in reply to: soretaint

User image

Veteran
Queen Creek, AZ
Subject: RE: On-Running shoes?
Last November I went on the hunt for the orange/gray Cloudracers...Road Runner in Carlsbad only had the Cloudsurfers in black and green, so I bought them and ordered the racers to be delivered to Tempe, AZ.

My impressions of the Cloudsurfers. Big, cloddy, and slow. Now, this is just my impression after using Newtons for the better part of 5 months after using Asics Noosas before that. I would run my slow "recovery" runs in these and they still felt like they were wooden shoes on my feet. I am NOT a fast runner. PR in 1/2 mary is 1:48 and my PR in a 70.3 for the run is 2:01, so there ain't no flames coming out from under my shoes when I run.

My impressions of the Cloudracers. Light, airy, and almost questionable (for me) to keep my comfort in a 13 mile run/race. I have worn them once in a 5K race and they were amazing for that. I have not trained nor raced in them since. I love the look though, they just look fast sitting there. They do make the statement that they won't last too long, so I guess that has me freaked out to wear them and the fact that my legs have fallen in love with Newtons and I don't want to screw myself up by wearing the On shoes anymore.

So...I think the product is good, but they just aren't for me (and my wasted $200). I have maybe 10 miles on the surfers and 3 miles on the racers, so that is probably not a long term test, but just a small sample of the shoes and how they worked/didn't work for me.
2013-08-22 11:59 AM
in reply to: PHXATC

User image

Expert
San Luis Obispo, CA
When you wear them, how many contact points do you have with the ground?
2013-08-22 1:57 PM
in reply to: blbriley

User image

Extreme Veteran
Spokane, WA
Originally posted by blbriley

When you wear them, how many contact points do you have with the ground?

Hijackers aren't welcome here.....move along to another thread if you need the attention.
2013-08-22 1:59 PM
in reply to: PHXATC

User image

Extreme Veteran
Spokane, WA
Originally posted by PHXATC

Last November I went on the hunt for the orange/gray Cloudracers...Road Runner in Carlsbad only had the Cloudsurfers in black and green, so I bought them and ordered the racers to be delivered to Tempe, AZ.

My impressions of the Cloudsurfers. Big, cloddy, and slow. Now, this is just my impression after using Newtons for the better part of 5 months after using Asics Noosas before that. I would run my slow "recovery" runs in these and they still felt like they were wooden shoes on my feet. I am NOT a fast runner. PR in 1/2 mary is 1:48 and my PR in a 70.3 for the run is 2:01, so there ain't no flames coming out from under my shoes when I run.

My impressions of the Cloudracers. Light, airy, and almost questionable (for me) to keep my comfort in a 13 mile run/race. I have worn them once in a 5K race and they were amazing for that. I have not trained nor raced in them since. I love the look though, they just look fast sitting there. They do make the statement that they won't last too long, so I guess that has me freaked out to wear them and the fact that my legs have fallen in love with Newtons and I don't want to screw myself up by wearing the On shoes anymore.

So...I think the product is good, but they just aren't for me (and my wasted $200). I have maybe 10 miles on the surfers and 3 miles on the racers, so that is probably not a long term test, but just a small sample of the shoes and how they worked/didn't work for me.

Thanks... I run in Newtons as well, so I appreciate the insight.
What size are your shoes......if you're not using them anymore.
2013-08-22 2:33 PM
in reply to: soretaint

User image

Veteran
Queen Creek, AZ
I think 10.

I will check upon my arrival at la casa tonight.

2013-08-22 3:27 PM
in reply to: blbriley

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by blbriley When you wear them, how many contact points do you have with the ground?

If I'm reading the OP correctly, there are zero contact points, seeing as all the shoes are cloud-xxx. You float.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » On-Running shoes? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Running Shoe Experts, need help on Saucony shoes (Kinvara)

Started by AndrewMT
Views: 5940 Posts: 24

2010-11-17 10:30 AM AndrewMT

How does your cycling shoe size compare to your running shoe size

Started by Jason N
Views: 17197 Posts: 17

2010-08-16 1:08 PM jeng

Bike shoes or running shoes on bike in sprint

Started by NDIrishO3
Views: 1023 Posts: 4

2010-07-07 1:20 PM RedCorvette

clip on shoes vs running shoes

Started by pfolker
Views: 1731 Posts: 11

2008-09-14 4:48 PM nickster

Running shoes vs. Bike Shoes

Started by benihana
Views: 1512 Posts: 9

2006-06-27 1:01 PM Lucy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 2, 2012
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
A comprehensive look at a controversial trend-- for triathletes like you

date : March 9, 2010
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
Most people believe that running barefoot is dangerous. Certainly, depending upon the surface, they would be correct. However, there is some suggestion that running barefoot may reduce injuries.
date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.

date : December 11, 2007
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I have had chronic Achilles tendonitis problems for a good portion of my life. I am wondering if this can ever go away, or if there is a surgery that can be done?
date : July 30, 2006
author : TriDoc5280
Getting the biggest bang for your buck; some low cost means of improving your performance and preventing injury.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
I was able to spend one Saturday morning in the store conducting this interview and I learned a good bit of information about shoes and proper fitting.
author : chrisandniki
2004 Product reviews for stability shoes for neutral foot types

author : chrisandniki
To avoid a myriad of injuries (joint pain to your knees, ankles, hips, shin splints, foot pain, bruises), it’s invaluable to find the right running shoes.