General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman World Championship : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-25 5:12 AM

User image

Expert
Bedford, NH
Subject: Ironman World Championship : Official Thread
How's it going everyone? I'm surprised this race group hasn't gotten started yet, but I figured I would open it up. Is everyone ABSOLUTELY PUMPED to be racing in Kona or what? :) Does everyone have their flights/accommodations take care of? I just qualified last week, but was able to get my flights and accommodations taken care of. I wish I was staying a little closer to transition, but everything was already booked. Nonetheless, my place is about 4 miles into the run course which should work out pretty well for my family.

For some of you that have not raced here before, I did race last year, so please let me know if you have any questions I can help with.

2013-08-25 2:38 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Plant City, Florida
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Ironman World Championship : Official Thread
Originally posted by PeakTriCoaching

How's it going everyone? I'm surprised this race group hasn't gotten started yet, but I figured I would open it up. Is everyone ABSOLUTELY PUMPED to be racing in Kona or what? Does everyone have their flights/accommodations take care of? I just qualified last week, but was able to get my flights and accommodations taken care of. I wish I was staying a little closer to transition, but everything was already booked. Nonetheless, my place is about 4 miles into the run course which should work out pretty well for my family.

For some of you that have not raced here before, I did race last year, so please let me know if you have any questions I can help with.

Congratulation - it will be my first time for IM Kona but I lived out there for a few years and did the old Half that was there in Kona a few times and the Lava man. Not comparing those with this race just saying and ....Damn I'm looking forward to this...

Edited by aintaround 2013-08-25 2:40 PM
2013-09-26 1:55 AM
in reply to: PeakTriCoaching

User image

Sydney
Yip qualified at Whistler, arrived in Kona last week and staying up Ali'i drive about 4k from the finish which isn't too bad. The best I could get at such late notice but quite reasonable cost for the month. This will be my first IM in Kona but I did the 70.3 here in June along with a tri camp for a week. Picked up a 26" cruiser bike for $80 at Walmart to get around and for my partner to use on race day, she's not happy being a single speed but she'll get over it!
Have done a few swims on the course, there have been Tiger sharks sighted during the week and the beaches up Ali'i were closed the other day due to sightings. Having said that two days ago I had a great swim on the course with a pod of playful dolphins and there babies.
Can't wait for race day, have no expectations other than a finish.
Bring it on....................

2013-09-26 1:09 PM
in reply to: P Mcleod

User image

Expert
Originally posted by P Mcleod

Yip qualified at Whistler, arrived in Kona last week and staying up Ali'i drive about 4k from the finish which isn't too bad. The best I could get at such late notice but quite reasonable cost for the month. This will be my first IM in Kona but I did the 70.3 here in June along with a tri camp for a week. Picked up a 26" cruiser bike for $80 at Walmart to get around and for my partner to use on race day, she's not happy being a single speed but she'll get over it!
Have done a few swims on the course, there have been Tiger sharks sighted during the week and the beaches up Ali'i were closed the other day due to sightings. Having said that two days ago I had a great swim on the course with a pod of playful dolphins and there babies.
Can't wait for race day, have no expectations other than a finish.
Bring it on....................

I qualified in Whistler as well! Have a great time. I can't wait for race day myself!
2013-09-28 12:34 AM

User image

Just finished the last of my build and it's taper time for me.  Only 2 more weeks!!!  I got in through the Hawaii Resident Lottery for those who completed Honu this year.  I'm staying about a quarter mile from transition.  Looking to enjoy the experience.  FIRST IM!!!
2013-09-28 9:31 AM

User image

Master
Bloomington, MN
Good luck all.  Not racing; but will be streaming every second.

New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman World Championship : Official Thread Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Ironman World Championship : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Started by ATLrunr
Views: 18803 Posts: 137

2012-10-13 9:14 PM 1stTimeTri

Ford Ironman World Championship : Official Thread Pages: 1 2

Started by ironlib
Views: 8052 Posts: 41

2011-10-08 7:18 AM Daffodil

Ford Ironman World Championship : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by bryancd
Views: 18407 Posts: 108

2010-10-15 7:05 AM Physeddie

Ironman World Championships 70.3 : Official Thread

Started by loutalarico
Views: 3412 Posts: 13

2009-11-06 4:15 PM KEJ

Ford Ironman World Championship : Official Thread

Started by wieczynski
Views: 5552 Posts: 21

2009-09-30 7:43 PM jinxs68
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 7, 2008
author : trvw
comments : 0
Q&A with a triathlete who decided to compete last minute while vacationing overseas in Croatia.

date : May 5, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 1
Tim DeBoom is a 2 time World Ironman Champion. In the following interview he answers several of our members questions.
date : August 10, 2007
author : leifashley
comments : 4
From couch potato to a tri in 8 weeks. It was the most fun I've had in a long time. The race organizers had it down and there were no problems at all. This was the perfect first tri, in my opinion.

date : June 27, 2007
author : EndurancePlanet
After starting the season with only the goals of raising money for cancer research, Stacey finds herself with the opportunity to go to the Long Course Championships in France.
date : June 4, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
I was not an official; I simply observed the race and the officials doing their thing. Here is what I saw:

date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
Stay focused on your dreams and stand up for your rights!
My expectations for the quality of this years’ Triathlon world championship were fulfilled. This was because of the superb location that is like no other along with having the top triathletes present.

There is a marvelous destiny out there waiting for you too, but only if you are willing to take chances and put yourself on the line.