General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Fatigue vs. Just tired Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-27 11:02 AM

User image

Connecticut
Subject: Fatigue vs. Just tired
I am training for my 1st sprint and often face a period where I "Just feel really tired". Sometimes I push through it and end up taking a couple of days off. Then I feel guilty that I didn't get a workout in. My question is: Is this just the psycological aspect of getting into better physical shape or can you actually get fatigued even though I don't think that I am over training.

Any thoughts or advice or do I just need to toughen up??????

2013-08-27 2:10 PM
in reply to: trytritryguy

User image

Subject: RE: Fatigue vs. Just tired
Originally posted by trytritryguy

I am training for my 1st sprint and often face a period where I "Just feel really tired". Sometimes I push through it and end up taking a couple of days off. Then I feel guilty that I didn't get a workout in. My question is: Is this just the psycological aspect of getting into better physical shape or can you actually get fatigued even though I don't think that I am over training.

Any thoughts or advice or do I just need to toughen up??????

what are you doing training wise? are you following a plan?
how is your sleep schedule? nutrition?

It took me a while to realize that when my body tells me to take a break, then do it - because otherwise I end up worse off in the long run
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Fatigue vs. Just tired Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Tired of being fat and tired !

Started by LazyInGeorgia
Views: 1223 Posts: 18

2007-07-28 4:47 PM CBarnes

sick and tired of being sick and tired

Started by patsfan
Views: 726 Posts: 7

2006-01-12 7:54 AM Michael

New to training - fighting work fatigue

Started by PastaGrrrl
Views: 590 Posts: 4

2005-10-26 10:53 AM CitySky

Tired of lurking

Started by JonCT
Views: 561 Posts: 4

2005-10-07 3:52 PM Toska

I'm new to Tri and fatigued

Started by davecarter
Views: 750 Posts: 10

2004-10-11 12:27 PM ASA22
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : March 14, 2010
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Part two covers protein after workouts, caffeine usage during racing, the reason for muscle fatigue and general nutrition guidelines.
date : June 9, 2009
author : AMSSM
Workout associated fatigue is our gauge of a quality workout program. But, excessive or debilitating fatigue adversely affects workout quality, limiting performance gains.

date : May 5, 2008
author : mrakes1
Did you flat training or racing on your tubular tire? This video will show you everything you need to do to change your tubular tire.
date : November 6, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 2
Don't know how to take that rear wheel off of your bike? Is the chain making things difficult? Learn how to remove your rear wheel if you have to change your bike tire or fix a flat.

date : September 10, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 12
This video tutorial will show you how to fix a flat tire and also how to change the tire itself. Don't wait until you're out on the course at the races to learn how.
date : September 3, 2006
author : Ontherun
comments : 2
A general observation of how fatigue can be caused by so many different sources. Finding the true reason can be as simple as watching the sun rise.

date : May 1, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on periodization, tubular vs clinchers, swimming cadence, 650's vs 700's, plan priority, RAAM after double IM and swim training before race day.