General Discussion Race Reports! » Carls Family YMCA Happy Trails Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Carls Family YMCA Happy Trails Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Milford, Michigan
United States
Carls Family YMCA
78F / 26C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 46m 47s
Overall Rank = 21/115
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 5/12
Pre-race routine:

Got up around 5am, ate some toast and some gatorade, then drove a hour to the venue.
Event warmup:

None. I figured id hold off on warming up on hills until i actually had to run them! i also figured the 1000m swim would get my heartrate going
Swim
  • 24m
  • 1000 meters
  • 02m 24s / 100 meters
Comments:

The swim was not bad. I saw a few people, including myself get a little off course. i was going to use this race as my first wetsuit race, but they said no this week, with water temps of almost 80, but race day it was 76-77 so they made it optional. Im glad i didnt, i was pretty warm.

34 and under women were first wave, i have never been first wave before! no one wanted to lead. I didnt have to worry too much, but i stayed closer to the front. this was my first open water of 1000m, so i was happy with it
What would you do differently?:

Try and get control better before halfway through! took me a while to get into the rhythm
Transition 1
  • 03m
Comments:

Right out of the chute we were directly uphill. I did listen and put my bike in a easier gear, but i should have made it even easier then i did! It was a fairly long run uphill also to T1.. so All in all, fine though.
Bike
  • 48m 28s
  • 12.1 miles
  • 14.98 mile/hr
Comments:

Id call them rolling climbs instead of rolling hills. They were difficult, but also challenging, so i didnt mind. However I did lost my chain at the top of a climb, that was fun, and I also must not have had my seat post tight enough becuase i lost that also earlier. So not that best ride for me. I was seriously questioning my biking ability and why im doing this. Then i foudn the results this morning, and i wouldnt be surprised if others were also. So i didnt feel as bad. Changed gears alot, changed speeds alot, it was hard to get a feel of how i was doing

need to get a little more power, and im not convinced that i am in the right bike for me. might be time to play around with a couple of others and see if i can sell this one off
Transition 2
  • 01m 14s
Comments:

Fine T2, no complaints, did forget to put race belt on though, they didnt seem to care, so good!
Run
  • 30m 6s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 41s  min/mile
Comments:

the course was actually pretty nice. A little hilly, but not too bad, compared to the bike that is. My muscles were just pretty toasted from the climbs on the bike, so it was hard to keep the feet moving at the pace i wanted! I should have ate more in the morning also i think.. a little cramping from trying to replace fluids... but i didnt have to walk this time

i need to still figure out nutrition!!!
Post race
Event comments:

The race was nice, and put on well by 3D again....

Profile Album

Last updated: 2006-07-24 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:24:00 | 1000 meters | 02m 24s / 100meters
Age Group: 3/12
Overall: 0/115
Performance: Good
Suit: tri top and shorts
Course: sort of triangle course.... ran into weed patches a few times and some glare, but not bad
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 76F / 24C Current: Low
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Below average
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 03:00
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: No
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Below average
Biking
00:48:28 | 12.1 miles | 14.98 mile/hr
Age Group: 7/12
Performance: Below average
Wind: Little
Course: Hilly. .
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 85
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Average Hills: Below average
Race pace: Too hard Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 01:14
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes Average
Jumping off bike Average
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:30:06 | 03.11 miles | 09m 41s  min/mile
Age Group: 7/12
Performance: Below average
Course: combo road/off road, so nice
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-07-24 10:22 AM

User image

Expert
Shelby Twp
Subject: Carls Family YMCA Happy Trails Triathlon

2006-07-24 12:21 PM
in reply to: #491043

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Carls Family YMCA Happy Trails Triathlon
Good job!!  You lost your chain and you still came in 5th!  That's pretty great!!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Carls Family YMCA Happy Trails Triathlon Rss Feed