General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hip impingement Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-09-02 5:05 PM

Subject: Hip impingement
Has anyone here been diagnosed with hip impingement? How was it treated? Any recommendations for orthos and PT? I have my first opinion and I'm looking for a second.

Thanks!

2013-09-06 9:58 PM
in reply to: cyclingsusie

User image

Expert
Madison
Subject: RE: Hip impingement
I have two friends - husband and wife - who had hip impingements and both ended up having surgery. If you want to email me, I'm sure one or both would be happy to share the details. [email protected].
2013-09-11 5:38 PM
in reply to: cyclingsusie

St. Paul, Minnesota
Subject: RE: Hip impingement
Yes, I was diagnosed with acetabular impingement last October. After going to the ER for lower back pain that had immobilized me for a couple of days. an MRI confirmed psoas tendonitis, torn labrum and hip impingement. I was told that hip impingement is congenital condition and that surgery might need to be done, but not for at least another ten + years. I’m 44 and I have had two really bad flairs ups in the last two years. I have hooked up with two great PT’s that work in the Mendota Heights area. Running is the culprit that makes it flair up so they have been working to correct alignment/posture issues while running. The focus has been on improving my hip flexibility to decrease impingement. I have seen a remarkable difference. If you would like additional info, please let me know.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hip impingement Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Hip water-packs

Started by AGRawson
Views: 1124 Posts: 7

2010-07-08 5:22 PM AGRawson
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 21, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I am experiencing hip flexor pain. I hurt it two weeks ago during a race and it's bothered me ever since. Do you have suggestions on how to prevent problems or how to cure it?

date : April 14, 2010
comments : 1
I decided that, after having a new hip put in 11 months ago, I needed a new lifestyle. Just wondering if there's anything that I should know about-especially for the running and biking.
date : June 4, 2008
comments : 2
Is surgery really the only option? What percentage of active patients have positive outcomes? Negative outcomes? How soon can I start training after surgery? What can I do?

date : May 12, 2008
During a "power yoga" session I noticed pain with hip adduction/internal rotation. Running and biking don't seem to bother it, as long as I don't push it. I still have achy pain with walking.
date : January 14, 2008
I have noticed an occasional pain in my left hip flexor. The pain is most noticeable when running uphill. Is there a way to fix the problem without taking time off from training?

date : January 3, 2008
Hip or pelvic pain is a common complaint for runners and can range from severe problems, such as stress fractures or arthritis, to mild problems, such as muscle strains or bursitis.
date : April 11, 2007
The common conditions seen would be: a femoral neck stress fracture, a hip flexor tendonitis, or a hip joint cartilage problem such as a labral tear or arthritis of the hip joint.

date : April 17, 2005
Often I also see an imbalance in the front muscles of the shoulder, such as the pectoralis, and the back muscles, such as the rotator cuff and shoulder blade stabilizers. I would recommend: