General Discussion Triathlon Talk » $10K bike stolen during race, organizers say they are not responsible Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2013-09-05 10:04 AM
in reply to: RZ0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Subject: RE: $10K bike stolen during race, organizers say they are not responsible
Originally posted by RZ0

Originally posted by spudone

All this talk is making me think about getting a retractable lock/cable like the ones used for snowboards.  An extra 10 seconds in both T1/T2 may be worth protecting a bike worth thousands.

Don't most people buy the expensive bike to save an extra few seconds? Tongue out

Maybe a better plan would be to save a little money and get the most common bike you see in transition to blend in.  If you're that worried.

Or races could REQUIRE a bike lock, which would prevent theft while leveling the playing field.
Then you'd see people spending about $4K for locks that unfasten three seconds faster.

But here's what bothers me though: what would happen if one was to lose their key during the swim? I can't even imagine the chaos that would ensue, lol!

2013-09-05 3:51 PM
in reply to: NatBosse

User image

Extreme Veteran
Langley, BC, 'Wet Coast' Canada
Subject: RE: $10K bike stolen during race, organizers say they are not responsible
Originally posted by NatBosse
Originally posted by RZ0
Originally posted by spudone

All this talk is making me think about getting a retractable lock/cable like the ones used for snowboards.  An extra 10 seconds in both T1/T2 may be worth protecting a bike worth thousands.

Don't most people buy the expensive bike to save an extra few seconds? Tongue out

Maybe a better plan would be to save a little money and get the most common bike you see in transition to blend in.  If you're that worried.

Or races could REQUIRE a bike lock, which would prevent theft while leveling the playing field.Then you'd see people spending about $4K for locks that unfasten three seconds faster.
But here's what bothers me though: what would happen if one was to lose their key during the swim? I can't even imagine the chaos that would ensue, lol!
Well, duh! Ya leave a spare key under the flower pot you brought into transition... NOBODY will think to look THERE
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » $10K bike stolen during race, organizers say they are not responsible Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED POSTS

Stopped at the Golden Arches during a 10k race today

Started by Hartamophone
Views: 1859 Posts: 20

2011-05-10 9:53 AM mchubri

Body says "Run faster" Brain says "Whoa - not now" - confusion reigns

Started by Mike_D
Views: 1343 Posts: 11

2011-01-04 9:29 PM 08M3Sedanski

Severe stomach pain (near hip lines) during 10K race

Started by iOrlando
Views: 796 Posts: 1

2010-11-22 10:41 AM iOrlando

FIRST 10K RACE DURING MARATHON TRAINING

Started by bshehan
Views: 1239 Posts: 9

2006-09-04 9:15 PM bshehan

Not racing during a race

Started by mnewton
Views: 997 Posts: 10

2006-02-01 10:24 AM Nakima
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 19, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 4
The doctor says not to run again. Ever. Needless to say, I’m not taking this very well. Can I recover from this? Where should I go from here?

date : February 16, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 2
Some athletes call it runners' trots; others call it diarrhea. Whatever the name, few athletes openly discuss the topic yet many secretly suffer. Here’s some information about this stinky topic that m
date : March 14, 2010
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Part two covers protein after workouts, caffeine usage during racing, the reason for muscle fatigue and general nutrition guidelines.

date : February 23, 2009
author : mrakes1
I usually have at least one workout per day, sometimes two or three, but I spend about all in-between time eating. I am not gaining weight, but I am not losing weight either. Should I be concerned?
date : December 15, 2008
author : FitWerx
I own both a road bike and a tri bike. I am wondering which bike I should be riding during off season training, or does it matter?

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : September 3, 2005
author : joeinco
comments : 6
As a triathlete, there is one acronym that you just can’t fathom ever having next to your name in a race report – DNF: DID NOT FINISH.

date : September 26, 2004
author : jhealy422
comments : 2
For as long as I can remember, I’ve had weight issues. I remember standing on the scale as a child weighing 60 pounds and feeling fat. My family dealt with stress by eating.