of 2

2013-09-13 12:34 PM
in reply to: Wojo14

User image

Elite
HURRICANE, Utah
Subject: RE: Think of relocating
Originally posted by Wojo14

I live in Carolina Beach which is on the south end of Wilmington. I have lived in Raleigh and it was a great town, but I'm not a big fan of the "city life". If you are considering the Wilmington area, be forewarned, there is a gym/fitness center on every corner here. I think the competition would be very tough because Wilmington is not a very big city but there are tons of gyms here.

If you can open a gym with an indoor pool and keep the pool clean... then you are on to something. The current options here are horrible!

Thanks for you take on that! No I wouldnt be interested in a pool at all...would be interested in moving the facility I have had for 4 years here...its 24 hour access and does not need staffed a ton of hours to run it and no health department is necessary. I dont need a ton of members and its kinda its own little niche around here and I understand that SNAP and 24 Hour fitness is prolly in some of these areas already so as I make a choice I will have to consider that as well. Being independent and non franchise has its advantages as well. What do you know about Durham Cary Apex etc??

2013-09-22 8:22 AM
in reply to: Jungle Jenn

User image

Veteran
Carolina Beach
I believe we have both Snap and 24 hour fitness here in the Wilmington area. I don't know much about Durham, other than it's home to the greatest team in college basketball!
2013-09-29 9:38 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Chapel Hill, NC

I believe we have both Snap and 24 hour fitness here in the Wilmington area. I don't know much about Durham, other than it's home to the greatest team in college basketball!

Actually, that would be Chapel Hill. Oh snap! As you can see, Jenn, we're all about college basketball in these parts.

The whole Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) and surrounding communities are all very tri/bike/run friendly. Which exact one you choose would depend more on other factors like work, access to schools for kids, etc. If I were you, once you decide on a general area, I'd rent for a year to get to know what might be best for you.

Charlotte is lovely and near the mountains, but, it is 2.5 hours farther away from the beach. In Raleigh, we are a day trip away from a mountain hike or a day at the beach.

One thing you might want to think about before leaving your current job is this:
http://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

Edited by keyone 2013-09-29 9:48 PM
2013-10-02 1:38 PM
in reply to: keyone

User image

Elite
HURRICANE, Utah
Originally posted by keyone

Actually, that would be Chapel Hill. Oh snap! As you can see, Jenn, we're all about college basketball in these parts.

The whole Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) and surrounding communities are all very tri/bike/run friendly. Which exact one you choose would depend more on other factors like work, access to schools for kids, etc. If I were you, once you decide on a general area, I'd rent for a year to get to know what might be best for you.

Charlotte is lovely and near the mountains, but, it is 2.5 hours farther away from the beach. In Raleigh, we are a day trip away from a mountain hike or a day at the beach.

One thing you might want to think about before leaving your current job is this:
http://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

Good thing is its just me, my son is in college so dont have to worry about access to schools and such and also have always owned my own busines dont really have a current job per-say to leave....I will bring my gym with me and open it somewhere and if I dont find the location for it right away with my experience of owning and managing my own retail stores for 17 years and now my own gym the past 4 plus my certifications etc I think I could find a decent job and store my equipment if need be till i find that location as I would have to lease the commercial property. I've always own my own commercial property for my business's as well as except for the first couple years of being on my own I did rent an apartment. Im in no hurry and have the properties here to sell off first before it can be reality but trying to get lots of options. When I do move hope when looking at the different areas one speaks to me and tells me this is your new home as I dont wanna rent and then have to move again a year or so later....moving sucks!
2013-10-06 9:44 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Chapel Hill, NC

Good thing is its just me, my son is in college so dont have to worry about access to schools and such and also have always owned my own busines dont really have a current job per-say to leave....I will bring my gym with me and open it somewhere and if I dont find the location for it right away with my experience of owning and managing my own retail stores for 17 years and now my own gym the past 4 plus my certifications etc I think I could find a decent job and store my equipment if need be till i find that location as I would have to lease the commercial property. I've always own my own commercial property for my business's as well as except for the first couple years of being on my own I did rent an apartment. Im in no hurry and have the properties here to sell off first before it can be reality but trying to get lots of options. When I do move hope when looking at the different areas one speaks to me and tells me this is your new home as I dont wanna rent and then have to move again a year or so later....moving sucks!

Well, you don't want Chapel Hill then. More expensive property taxes because they fund their schools better (I think that is why anyway). They are also very unfriendly to businesses. They do that to curb growth, which makes it kind of nice living here. But now that my kids are out of school, I am thinking it would be nice to pay less in property taxes! But, as you say, moving sucks!

You'd probably want to settle wherever is best economy and growth potential for you business. The people will be friendly in NC no matter where you go, honestly. I am from Ohio, too, btw. Good luck!

Edited by keyone 2013-10-06 9:44 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Think of relocating Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Anyone thinking about Riverwood?

Started by DMarkSwan
Views: 1421 Posts: 12

2013-04-29 9:09 AM HookedOnTri

Wanting to relocate to NC

Started by gti123
Views: 2192 Posts: 19