2013-09-05 7:18 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2013-09-05 7:27 AM
in reply to: frankyj134

Master
Just South of Boston
Subject: RE: LOOKING FOR AN ONLINE COACH
There is online coaching available here on BT at what seems to be a reasonable cost. Have not used it myself, but its probably worth looking into.
2013-09-05 8:50 AM

I might have a contact for you. Her name is Maleia Tumolo and she does online training through Training Peaks and for www.PRSfit.com. She normally charges $175 a month, but since I did a swim clinic with her she's offering a special rate of $100 a month for half ironman, marathon, or full ironman distance training. She can be reached at [email protected]. or online at prsfit.com.

I've only worked with her for swimming (group coaching) but had a really good experience. She certainly knows her stuff.

2013-09-05 12:44 PM

Champion
Dallas, TX
Originally posted by frankyj134

I have been doing triathlon for just over a year now, and have managed to finish a 70.3, Abu Dhabi short Distance and a 140.6 in that time. (plus some random individual disciplined races)

I have a race scheudle in mind for the next 18 months or so including a couple of OD, Abu Dhabi Short, 70.3 and 140.6.

I used the free plans on here before but am lost in training when I don't have a schedule and want something more specific to me now to improve.

Any advise on decent online coaches? Someone qualified who I send my details to (splits, times, strengths, weaknesses, goals) and then they send me a monthly training schedule and then give me feedback and reassess? Well something like that anyway.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon,

I'm an online coach. While I have clients in town, most of my clients are out of town.

I have coached athletes to sprints, Olympics, HIM's and IM's. I myself have competed at all those distances as well.

If you want to read my bio and look at my race history, check out my website: www.athletemaker.com. I also have 3 of my athletes highlighted on my website as well. All 3 are more than willing to give a referral.

I create a weekly schedule and upload it through Training Peaks. While I create a calendar with your races, and then put build/recovery weeks on that calendar as well as overall volume, I don't upload it all at once. What I have learned in the past 3 years is that things change, and creating a weekly training plan is best way for a coach to be responsive to those changes.

With me you get unlimited changes to your training plan, unlimited contact, no start up fees, and a customized training plan created from scratch. In fact, I use very few pre-made workouts that I have saved in Training Peaks (most coaches use pre-made workouts and just drag/drop), instead I usually write 75% of weekly training plans from scratch. So it is very customized.

My fees are $125 a month.

If you are interested, want to ask me questions, talk to my referrals, etc. feel free to email me at: [email protected]

Hope I can help you out! If not, I wish you the best in finding a coach that works for you!

Thanks!

2013-09-09 1:59 PM

Extreme Veteran
Rome, NY
I sent you a personal message
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » LOOKING FOR AN ONLINE COACH Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

online coaching

Started by davetri1
Views: 635 Posts: 1

2012-08-30 9:13 AM davetri1

Looking for a coach and Nutritionist

Started by lenandsons
Views: 846 Posts: 1

2011-10-28 9:41 AM lenandsons

Training Plan, Online Coah or Personal Coach Pages: 1 2

Started by })i({RunnerGirl
Views: 3229 Posts: 26

2010-01-29 6:49 PM gsmacleod

IM N00b: coach or no coach?

Started by swishyskirt
Views: 1652 Posts: 18

2009-06-25 4:33 PM JorgeM

Coach vs. no coach Pages: 1 2

Started by kellc09
Views: 3452 Posts: 27

2007-07-05 12:36 PM KSH
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 17, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 13
I have pedals with the cage and when I ride 2+ hours my legs feel much more tired then if I took out my husband's bike with clipless pedals. Do clipless pedals truly make the difference?

date : September 14, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Receive online triathlon coaching via our forums, personal coaching through an affiliated coach or nutrition coaching from our certified nutritionist.
comments : 2
Details on how athletes can connect with registered BT coaches for training plans and personal triathlon coaching.

comments : 1
Details on how to use the 'Coaching System' to coach your athletes.
date : July 30, 2006
author : AMSSM
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.

date : April 21, 2005
author : Ron
comments : 1
How to use our detailed online race log to track your season and progress.
date : September 8, 2004
author : TriSports.com
comments : 3
Online triathlon superstore, created for triathletes, by triathletes. We carry the highest quality triathlon equipment, triathlon gear and triathlon apparel.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
How to choose a coach? A summary of three 'types' of coaches and the pros and cons of each.