General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ever have one of those days? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-09-09 2:52 PM

Subject: Ever have one of those days?
Last Saturday was my 6th sprint triathlon. .3/ 14/ 5k
I had a good meal Friday, good breakfast Saturday, hydrated and all… training was up to par for this time of year…..I started off with one of my best swim times ever. I felt strong, and it was easy. I did not feel like I was over cooking the engine, and then the wheels came off!

Running to T1 I got leg cramps. I have never had leg cramps out of the water. I felt like my bike was on 2 flat tires... no roll! Then, I had some equipment problems on the bike… front der. slid down after hitting a pothole (no idea how this happened). I could not shift well, or when I wanted to. It caused me to be in a harder gear than I wanted to be on many hills- the chain was grinding and it was just awful to listen to. Subsequently, I felt like I had cement legs on the run. I usually average high 8 min to mid 9 minute miles in 5 mile runs… I ended up 10 min plus per mile. I gave up 6 minutes to my age group on the bike and run! I was terribly disappointed, but only because I expected to do so much better. I guess I feel like I did the best I could with what I had that day, but still bummed out. No time/money left this year for another Tri, so I have to taste that for 364 more days.
I’ve got a worse than normal post race hangover- not like a drug/ alcohol hangover, but like a post Christmas morning let down… you look forward to one thing all year, then its over, and you have the long part of the wait to look forward to.

Someone tell me a joke to make it hurt less!

2013-09-09 3:09 PM
in reply to: chandy14ski

User image

New user
Rhode Island
Subject: RE: Ever have one of those days?
A blonde walks into a library, walks up to the information desk, and says-- "I'll have a burger, small fries, and a diet coke"

The lady at the desk says "Excuse me miss, this is a library!"

The blonde says "Oh, sorry" and then whispers, "I'll have a burger, small fries, and a diet coke"!
2013-09-09 3:39 PM
in reply to: johnmoran

User image

New user
Dallas, TX
An Irish man walks out of a bar
2013-09-09 4:08 PM
in reply to: LukeS

User image

Pro

Originally posted by LukeS An Irish man walks out of a bar

Urban myth.

2013-09-09 5:15 PM
in reply to: chandy14ski

What did the fish say when it swam into the wall?

Damn.

And remember, even if you had a bad race, at least you're not one of these people:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/18-people-who-should-not-be-...

2013-09-09 6:55 PM
in reply to: Mellie03

User image

Where does the king keep his armies?

In his sleevies!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ever have one of those days? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Not having a good day... Pages: 1 2

Started by timf79
Views: 2567 Posts: 27

2012-07-25 4:51 PM timf79

workouts: One a day vs Two a day

Started by Mukluk
Views: 1758 Posts: 15

2008-02-13 5:38 AM jsnowash

Flash Auction - 3 day auction (One-day Ski Pass from Volvo)

Started by Writebrained
Views: 1580 Posts: 10

2008-01-19 11:35 AM Writebrained

Question on having a free day!

Started by danceswithducks
Views: 1360 Posts: 14

2007-06-24 6:58 PM zipp1

Having a go at it in one month

Started by mwdowns
Views: 860 Posts: 5

2005-08-07 10:06 AM PrimeCase
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 19, 2010
author : Patrick McCrann
comments : 1
Part 2 is about race day pacing, warming up and a discussion on the usefulness of powermeters and heart-rate monitors for half and full Iron distance races.

date : May 5, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 0
A few tips for beginners during taper week to settle your nerves. Includes a race day checklist and some race day tips.
date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?

date : August 8, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on race day weakness, long course nutrition, RPE on race day and the key to a successful Ironman marathon
date : September 8, 2007
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on racing in the heat, electrolytes, weightloss and long distance training, the best way to improve your run, taper psychology, the best gel and the benefits of a swim stroke analysis.

date : July 2, 2006
author : acbadger
Is there a magic number of days off for your training plan? Is it a one size fits all or an an individual choice?
date : June 23, 2006
author : Team BT
One Arm Dumbbell Row strength exercise instruction with picture and video.

date : June 14, 2005
author : tomp
Tips on swimming, biking and running to race-day lessons from this beginners first five months of training.