General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ipod playlists to workout Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-07-25 8:44 AM

User image

T1
Subject: Ipod playlists to workout
I heard a while ago about IPod playlists that are tailored to your workout. For example, when you are supposed to do 4x2' hill repeats, different songs will play for those two minutes to let you know when to change as well as keep your interest peaked. Does anyone know where to find these? I apologize in advance if the explanation seems off as I am not sure of all the details.

Thanks!

Victoria

2006-07-25 10:38 AM
in reply to: #492303

User image

Veteran
Utah
Subject: RE: Ipod playlists to workout
I don't, this is the first I have heard of it. If you find out more about it I would be interested in hearing more. Did you do Echo last week?
2006-07-25 12:20 PM

User image

Toronto, ON
It's not something that should be too hard to you yourself. Just grab an audio editor like Audacity, and cut the music files into 2 or 4 minute sections. If you're worried about BPM to match your tempo, there are programs that will help you calculate BPM.

That way at least you get to listen to music you know you like, and you know will get you excited and pumped up.
2006-07-25 2:28 PM
in reply to: #492626

User image

T1
Thanks; I will look into doing this! I did not know that was possible, so that is great.

Thanks!

geodee - 2006-07-25 11:20 AM

It's not something that should be too hard to you yourself. Just grab an audio editor like Audacity, and cut the music files into 2 or 4 minute sections. If you're worried about BPM to match your tempo, there are programs that will help you calculate BPM.

That way at least you get to listen to music you know you like, and you know will get you excited and pumped up.
2006-07-25 3:13 PM

User image

Expert
Ross, Ohio

I saw of these things on the site where I download..errr....buy my music.  It was to "poppy" or kid sounding music for me.  I prefer to mix my own via my cpu.  I am not into the top 40 stuff too much, but if that is your genre of music I would check it out.

I would be surprised if Mediaplay or a similar store did not have anything like this.  THey seem to have everything else.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ipod playlists to workout Rss Feed